Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
RV One in Albany is where I special ordered my second camper. I wonder if the turn around time on special orders is longer than it used to be? Anybody order a camper recently?
I ordered mine last week and was told late November/early December... but that was just a guess from the dealer... hoping its not that long.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:28 AM   #22

It's not just RVs. Most items with components made overseas are seeing the gap in the supply chain. A lot of manufacturers were closed for a period of time and we are now seeing the results of that.
Adios Pantelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:26 AM   #23

Drove by my dealer today and Jayco trailers are few and far between. They used to run way back on the lot. Now, there’s only a handful. They sell Airstream as well, but those are in a special indoor facility so couldn’t see. My dealer’s maintenance facility is crazy busy. Busiest I’ve ever seen it. The supply chain interruption is felt there as it’s taking longer than usual to get parts. Interesting times.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #24

Maybe it's the lumber shortage?

Maybe it's the lumber shortage?
kyleebrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #25

I'm in the Dallas (TX) area...just judging by the RV dealers I've passed up and down I35 to Austin and North to Denison, they have ample stock of RVS....it may be that certain models are in short supply-depends on what you're looking for.
Pops184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
We have all seen posts about the run on RVs and how dealer inventory is low while demand is high and manufacturers cannot keep the dealers supplied. Is this fact or is it fiction and a ploy to escalate prices?

We took our Accolade to Entegra/Jayco factory service this past weekend for a two week service appointment. While we were there one thing was noticeable and that was the number of completed RVs sitting in the manufacturer's yards. Jayco, KZ RV and others all had a bunch of RVs sitting in yards ready for delivery. Now what we saw were Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels with very few completed motorhomes. This was true for Middlebury and Goshen. We did not drive up to Elkhart to look around.

Going in and out of Middlebury I saw two trucks leaving with deliveries. One was a flatbed carrying 2 small TTs and the other was a pickup pulling a FW.

Makes one think about what is happening.
I purchased a used Jayco 28RBDS back in early July from a dealer here in the Northeast and the problem then was the influx of "Covid" buyers. Nobody could vacation and Camping was going to be the only escape. It seems to be leveling off a bit now but parts are still tough to get. Can we say "Made in China?" I'd bet that come Spring, the yards will be full of "Repo" stock?
Froggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
We have a local RV dealer just down the road, Brooks RV in Connellsville. They sell Forest River products. I just drove by there this morning and there are no more than a dozen new units on the lot and just a handful of used. In normal times, that place has probably 5 times that amount.
I'm sure in 5 years you'll see a lot of rv's for sale, maybe sooner
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #28
Site Team

It's not a new problem. My older/ gone 2004 fiver was delayed for almost a month because they ran out of Atwood range/oven units and had to wait for them to catch up at the supplier.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
We have all seen posts about the run on RVs and how dealer inventory is low while demand is high and manufacturers cannot keep the dealers supplied. Is this fact or is it fiction and a ploy to escalate prices?

We took our Accolade to Entegra/Jayco factory service this past weekend for a two week service appointment. While we were there one thing was noticeable and that was the number of completed RVs sitting in the manufacturer's yards. Jayco, KZ RV and others all had a bunch of RVs sitting in yards ready for delivery. Now what we saw were Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels with very few completed motorhomes. This was true for Middlebury and Goshen. We did not drive up to Elkhart to look around.

Going in and out of Middlebury I saw two trucks leaving with deliveries. One was a flatbed carrying 2 small TTs and the other was a pickup pulling a FW.

Makes one think about what is happening.
Definite shortage. Dealer may have a bunch on the lot but it's all relative to volume. I sell trucks for a living and while it looks like we have lots, it's nowhere near what we need.
alwalk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #30

Same here in central Ohio. All the over flow lots at the big RV Dealers are nearly empty. Spoke with a sales person I trust and she showed me the number of new units they are selling. It's insane.
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #31

My other activity is a high school teacher and golf coach. The golf industry is experiencing record revenues and profits.

People are getting out and spending money. I don't think the RV industry is making this up. We all know that a RVmanufacturer really just assembles components that other people manufacture for them.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:08 PM   #32

Every time you read the news there is a shortage of something. First it was toilet paper then meat ,now RV’s and I read this morning that a shortage of Dr.Pepper was happening. Maybe pretty soon there will be a shortage of Dumbass’s on the highway when we travel. Can’t wait for this to happen..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops184 View Post
I'm in the Dallas (TX) area...just judging by the RV dealers I've passed up and down I35 to Austin and North to Denison, they have ample stock of RVS....it may be that certain models are in short supply-depends on what you're looking for.
I would agree! I just went out to far East TX and back yesterday and all the dealerships I saw had plenty of inventory.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #34

Here in Colorado the lots are full, but sales are brisk.
BigRedGrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #35

Just took a 3,500 mile round trip from WA to Montana/SD/WY/ID/OR and MOST lots were BARE... ID had a ton of full lots but I also notice that they were close to manufacturers such as Keystone and Jayco... I say it's likely an issue with delivery service. I know a guy in TX that delivers TT's all day long and he's never seen it so busy. He's been banking on the situation. But yes, in WA, lots that have been packed are very slim pickings and each one has some massive issues I noticed. Trim missing/broken stuff/etc. I feel the ones that are still on the lot were neglected by the dealership and having issues getting fixed due to the prep of new sold units so people probably just skim by those and chose one that's ready for delivery.
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote