Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky66 View Post
Hi Jason, its going to happen from time to time. Usually the best way to handle loud music is a very polite conversation. Mine would always start out with something positive like a hand shake and then maybe a compliment about his camper. Then just say something like " I like playing music also but do you think you can turn it down some. The sound does carry and I know a lot of people are here to relax and for some peace and quiet." It will usually work. Then i walk back to my camper and take off my Karate outfit i bought at Goodwill and then think the good Lord above i didnt get the tar beat out of me. A good attitude can go a long ways.
Was that conversation before or after the Segrams?.....

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
Site Team

Oh we have them, we just call them Holy board instead of cornhole. That has another meaning in this part of the country. lol

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #23

Give people the benefit of the doubt. On our first trip in the new travel trailer, we had a cool drizzly day. We spent the whole afternoon playing games with the kids, listening to music, and watching movies. I stepped outside to fire up the grill, and Nacho Libre was blasting for the whole campground. Somebody had put on inside and outside speakers.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
Was that conversation before or after the Segrams?.....
Now that depends if it was before or after 9am. :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #25

We have learned over the years to try and choose campgrounds where there is less noise. Further from the city, and more wilderness seem to help.. but not always. We have also learned to go to the campground office to complain rather than take people on ourselves. Better they are told by the officials to turn it down or leave.. than have them mad at us.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Jason, could you explain what that is?
I about died laughing when I saw this in the OP's post!!!! I was thinking, "Hmmm, what kind of campground are you staying at?"
Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #27
Site Team

You have to be careful with the outside speaker. I have a friend who was walking and could hear a x rated movie audio coming from the OS speakers.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Here is what I call your Me, Me, Mes; It is a ME first society and they are the President and CEO of their local chapter! As they just do not realize how their actions affect others around them.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Either they don't realize (which may be excusable if amended when brought to their attention) or they don't care (inexcusable). It's like some people don't even realize that there are other people around who may have different wants/needs than their own. I just don't understand that mentality, and unfortunately sometimes I let it get under my skin.

Quote:
You have to be careful with the outside speaker. I have a friend who was walking and could hear a x rated movie audio coming from the OS speakers.
LOL!! We don't bring 'those' movies along in the trailer, but this is one of my biggest fears when we're watching a movie at night. I find myself checking the speaker config 3-4 times during a movie, just about every time I refresh my 'beverage'. I would be absolutely mortified to find out my outside speakers were on!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #29

I can sympathize with what you're saying about not wanting to be "that guy" any time you're in a campground. We actually experienced some yahoos this past summer who combined the loud, annoying music with language. All this while I was out with our 5 year old son. What made it even more ridiculous was that every time they spotted the local police or park wardens, they would turn it down to barely audible and I couldn't believe they could avoid getting caught all the time...that is, until the wardens did a walk-through at night and the offenders couldn't avoid being caught. End of problem when the drunken saps ended up bailing out the next day.

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z-71, 6.0L, Crew Cab w/3.73's
2011 Jayco Jayflight Swift 26BH
33 Nights Camping so far in 2016
newrvguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #30

The biggest part of the problem of amplified music that is too loud is thoughtless or inconsiderate people. But I believe another part of the problem is the trend of so many trailer manufacturers to make exterior speakers standard. If at all, I think those should be an extra cost option. And the default setting of exterior speakers should be off, so that folks can't accidentally have them on.

There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote