Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #41

I'm Chinese and a full-time RVer. My wife is white and taller than me (I'm 5'10") but that hasn't been a problem so far... I just finished up an assignment in Buffalo (did go to Lake George in August but stayed at a campground in Vermont) and we are heading to Arizona for the winter.

I reckon most campers are friendly and race-neutral unless you say or do something funny.

Cheers!
steveding888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #42

We're Asian...We camp in our 23B towed by our Expedition. Mostly at state parks in Illinois. A lot of our friends camp too, but mostly tent campers, a few with popups and TT's.
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinner28 View Post
I'm asian and so is my family.

Just curious if anyone has ever seen any other asian campers out there, because in 2 years, I haven't. We've been from NY all the way down to FL and camped 55 days in 2 years.

And here in PA, I did confirm with the Ford dealership that I was the first asian in their history to buy a Super Duty truck.
Camping is camping Asian or not. My wife is Asian and I can tell you because of that she seeks out other Asian campers I never knew were there. Most Asians are quiet people not the loud noisy camper type. On the west coast there are many asions camping. Around the San Francisco area is full of Asian campers.
Thank you for asking and just enjoy the experience...we are one big family.
Tropiccafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinner28 View Post
I'm asian and so is my family.

Just curious if anyone has ever seen any other asian campers out there, because in 2 years, I haven't. We've been from NY all the way down to FL and camped 55 days in 2 years.

And here in PA, I did confirm with the Ford dealership that I was the first asian in their history to buy a Super Duty truck.
I didn't know there were Asian in PA. LOL. My mom don't camp or anything outdoor unless she have too. My dad is willing to give it a try. I am Asian on the outside but really white on the inside. I love doing all the white stuff that my wife like to do, i.e skiing, hiking, camping, beaching, and the big one vacationing. My big sister just discovery the joy of vacationing and she is loving it.

We actually seen more Asian campers than Black campers.
mod: Dimming awning
Dimming Floor light
Shocks
Custom bike/kayak rack
SOMBATFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #45

My wife is Asian and really enjoys camping.
Cheekjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #46

Welcome from Indiana! I have an Asian friend that I go camping with at the NASCAR race in Indianapolis and we also have a guys only camping trip in the Fall where lots of meat and adult beverages are consumed around a poker table. I agree with most on here....All I see are campers and neighbors! The welcome mat is always out.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #47
Site Team

Lots of Asians in Virginia and Maryland state parks, usually tent campers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #48

I don't have to look very far at all, my wife is Asian. We frequently camp with family members (of hers), cousins, etc. Last time I looked, they were all Asian's too!. Not sure why you asked but we've been camping for over 40 years and never had one incident while camping that anything to do with anyone's race or religion. People are out to camp, one big happy family except for those that make noise, leave messes, don't know how to park, those with generators that run all night, etc. etc. .
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote