Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2022, 11:05 PM   #1

New Guy Just Bought a Jayco

Hi,
This is Robert from Yakima, WA. After a very bad experience with a Coleman tent trailer (don't ask lol) I managed to get my original money out of it and then today I bought a 1998 Eagle Lite M-210. Seller said it was 17 feet, but NADA says it is 21 feet. I was wondering about that. When I measured just the outside body without the tongue and hitch, looked more like 17 feet.

Anyway, I am very happy with this trailer so far. Looks like it was always garaged and everything works on the AC/DC/Gas systems. We are taking down the blinds and cleaning them, also the screens, windows, and window tracks. It has new flooring and a new shower assembly, new refrigerator, no leaks anywhere. Pretty sure it was mostly garaged.

We switched out all the interior lights over to LED versions to brighten it up and lessen the load on the electrical system.

Anyway....

I see the plug in on the trailer side for the brake/tail/signals etc was a plug I had not seen before. It is a small plug with five round holes and one round hole in the center. The only plugs I have worked with on trailers were the 7-prong blade ones, or the usual four-plug.

Will have to get an adapter for that. My 2009 Xterra currently has the four-pin plug.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:51 AM   #2

Congrats and Welcome to the group. Measurements are often discussed here. Some consider only the living space and many others like myself will measure "tongue to tail" or nose to bumper etc. Giving the overall length. I always use the full length measurement when making reservations. As far as the wiring goes they do make adapters to 4 way flat. Does your tow vehicle have a brake controller?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:24 AM   #3

I've seen the 6 pin adapters on etrailer.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:31 AM   #4

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 06:26 AM   #5

Does your RV have electric brakes? Not sure the flat, 4 pin, has any power to the brakes. I downloaded a 6 pin diagram and it shows the electric brake wire is blue/black on the left side.

You may need to wire in a 7 pin or 6 pin plug and get a brake controller. At 3,500 lbs you need a brake controller and probably a Weight Distribution Hitch. I like and recommend the Andersen.

You can add your tow and RV to your signature for future posts.
Stay safe and have fun.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #6

Well, today we have the trailer in the driveway doing window cleaning and a few things inside. No, my 2009 Xterra does not have a brake controller unit. But I plan to get one. I found an adapter for the lights at Amazon but you have to wire in a hot lead to your fuse box using a fuse tap to get aux power to the batteries. I will choose one from the fuse box that only has power when the ignition is on. There are three batteries for this trailer. Two wired together, one separate.

The Xterra has brand new brakes all around, plus that 4.0 liter engine on them is very high torque engine. Should work okay for a short shakedown cruise, but will have to install the controller soon.

Thank you to everyone for your advice.