Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #1

2018 Seismic

Picking up our new 2018 4212 on the 23rd of April. Any pros or cons on this unit. Did a lot of research before deciding on the Jayco but I know no manufacture is without issue's . Looking forward to lots of good times . Thanks for any info on what to look for.
scott greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #2

Be very gentle with the front landing gear. Many folks have had issues with the pins shearing in the heavier Siesmic models.

2017 Siesmic Wave 355w towed by 2015 Ram 3500
apgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgambino View Post
Be very gentle with the front landing gear. Many folks have had issues with the pins shearing in the heavier Siesmic models.

2017 Siesmic Wave 355w towed by 2015 Ram 3500
I have noticed on mine that the spring loaded pin on the front landing gear does not fully go back in on its own. I have to push the pin all the way back in. Otherwise the jacks are only supported on one spot on the pin instead of two. I am wondering if this is the issue with them shearing off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
neil11975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #4

I have noticed the same issue on our 355W and I would agree with you Neil. You need to ensure they are fully pushed in all the way prior to fully dropping the landing gear. I have read the posts on this issue and have seen a picture of the pin sheared off. Scary indeed! I have a good relationship with my dealer and I did ask my contact there if he had ever seen this and to date they have not. I will however keep a close eye on the condition of these pins for any wear. Scott to answer your question thus far we have had a few issues with our unit but both the dealer and Jayco have repaired everything at no cost. I am glad they have a 2 year warranty as some of the issues did not come up until our second year. We have till June till our warranty is up and I have a couple of minor issues (cracking fender skirt and cracking rear garage vents) that I will have the dealer address then it is fingers crossed from there. I can share some other findings and issues if you want just let me know.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the feed back. We've had pull behind campers but this is our first 5th wheel so I know none are flawless but helps to have some input on what others have experienced. Anything else I might want to be aware would be greatly appreciated . Thanks again
scott greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #6

Scott you may want to check out the following link regarding leveling issues.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ems-23068.html

I'm not sure but does your new unit come with an hydraulic leveling system?
If not you will want to be plugged into park power if at all possible to give the leveling system as much power as possible. I found for ours this does help to eliminate the out of stroke issue for the most part. I am still considering switching to 6 volt batteries in series as well for added reserve power.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote