Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2020, 08:14 AM   #1

2020 Jayco Seismic 4113/Motorcycle Wheel Chock

Hello, we just purchased a 2020 Jayco Seismic 4113. We took it out for a shakedown and trip over Memorial Day weekend and we are very pleased so far. Only had a few small things for the dealer to address. I will be hauling a Harley Ultra Limited in the garage and I'm looking for recommendations on what wheel chock to use. I'm not opposed to mounting a quality removable system like Condor or Biker Bar thru the floor. However I forgot to check out what is directly underneath before bringing it back to the dealer. I'm not sure if fuel tanks or the spare tire is going to be in the way of mounting. Only planning on hauling the single bike so mounting would be in the middle of the garage. Anyone else with a 4113 have recommendations on a wheel chock?
brentalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #2

This is how I did mine with the condor chock. I put eye bolts on four corners of chock. Attached cables with carabiners for quick, easy attachment/detachment and chain tighteners to be able to adjust as needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Chock.jpg  
Old 05-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #3

I actually saw your setup after I posted my question and was going to reach out to you. What type of chock are using and for what type of bike? Does it seem to be holding well during transport? This would be ideal as I wouldnt have to drill through the floor!
Old 05-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

On my 2020 Talon (baby Siesmic) Jayco did put a steel plate on the underside of the floor specifically for mounting through. I assume the same on the Siesmic. On mine Jayco left about 3 - 4 feet of open space between the fuel tank and water tank for mounting purposes. You will have to crawl under there and see what they did. Measure 3 or 4 times, drill once.....
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #5

Thanks. Thats what I'm hoping for. I will check it out when I go pick it up. Although I do like how theracqueteer did his setup with cables. No drilling required.

Brent
Old 05-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #6

It is a condor chock. I am hauling an Ultra Classic. I also mounted the Harley tie down brackets to the forks. That way no trying to wrap the triple tree, just clip into the brackets and tighten each side down. I also put a tie down strap through the rear tire. I have had no problem with transport. I did mount a flat bar on each side of the chock for stability, more for when detaching the tie downs. When detaching tie downs, as a extra safety precaution, I will put the kick stand down and loosen the right side first, then loosen the left side, come back and completely detach right side and then left side.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a Condor chock.

Going to pickup my Seismic from the dealer today. Had a few things I found during our first trip that needed to be fixed.

One other question for those of you hauling a large bike like an HD Ultra. Have you found the angle of the ramp too steep for loading and unloading? I have loaded bikes in trailers before and know to keep the engine off and the bike in first gear when descending the ramp. Do I need to consider some form of ramp extension or is the angle manageable when on level ground?
Old 06-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #8

It is manageable on level ground. You can lessen the angle a little bit by loading and unloading with the stabilizers jacks up and the landing gear at maximum extension.