Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #1

Jayco Octane 161 SL Key Mystery

Just taken delivery of our Hauler in NZ. Purchased off ebay sight unseen and delighted with it. I am perplexed by keys and wondered if anyone could help. We have two matching keys with a purple top which appear to be for the ramp locks. One single key with a black top which is for the side door. I cant unlock the outdoor shower door with any of the mentioned keys? Any thoughts. On the side door there is a sencond lock which seems superfluous, again any ideas. Finally in the pouch with the documentation i have two long flat all metal keys and cant figure out what these are for. Any information would be much appreciated. Dawn
LavenderStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #2

Not sure what year your 161 is, however, on my 2018 222 one key works all locks. I will tell you the locks needed lubed to get them to work properly. Have no idea what your FLAT key is for.
Raptor1797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:29 AM   #3

In. The. U. S. I hAve. 2. Keys that are exactly the same and open all doors and ramp locks.
If yours is a used. Maybe the previous owner. Had a key. For some other purpose like a pad lock or something
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:57 AM   #4

The. Suspense. Is killing my me. Did you find a lock for that mystery key ?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:18 AM   #5

No it’s still a mystery and still can’t open the shower cubby. It’s mid winter here in NZ so it’s not too enticing to explore the new toy hauler in the evenings. We also can’t figure out how to turn the outdoor speakers off. We are usually quite smart people (both in senior IT roles) but these points have have stumped at the moment. However, we have lots of other things to keep us busy as we have to get the unit to be NZ compliant and unfortunately the hydraulic jack was damaged as it was taken off the ship so we are focussed on getting the hauler road worthy in time for Spring. I’m sure it will all be fine once the sun starts shining again.
LavenderStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #6

Outside speakers will be controled by the radio directly. Can't remeber if it's marked output or part of the menu. The outside shower probably uses a 751 Key which can be acquired very easily on AMAZON.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #7

Thnxs LavenderStitch.. I am heading home to Oregon U.S.A. tommorrow, and going to use my trailer for the first time since i bought it quite a few months ago.. happy camping. We need to become good friends, so we can figure out these 161 octanes together,, LOL...I am still learning...
Old 07-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #8

I have a 2016 Octane 161. One of the purple keys will work on both side door locks. The second purple key unlocks the ramp door. To unlock the outside shower and fueling station door use the CH751 key. If I recall correctly, the long flat keys are used to remove the stereo unit. I don't use the two long flat keys as my stereo can removed by simply pulling it out.
dmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #9

To turn off the exterior speaks use FADE in your settings. Turning the counterclockwise will turn off the exterior speakers. Sound will come from the interior speakers. Likewise, turning the knob clockwise will turn off the interior speakers. Sound will come from the exterior speakers.
dmtex is offline   Reply With Quote