Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #1

2019 Precept 33UL or 34G

Seriously thinking about the above units and have a few questions.

1) Is the windshield shade on a track or does it just sort of hang down?

2) Are the slide Hyd or Elec

3) Are the levelers Hyd or Elec

Thanks. Most probably the first of many questions. Thoughts on these units are welcome as well
davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidceder View Post
Seriously thinking about the above units and have a few questions.

1) Is the windshield shade on a track or does it just sort of hang down?

2) Are the slide Hyd or Elec

3) Are the levelers Hyd or Elec

Thanks. Most probably the first of many questions. Thoughts on these units are welcome as well
I have a 2016 31 UL and the sunscreen is not on a track and is controlled electronically
perfect for bright days when driving it can be adjusted perfectly for proper vision and is a great block for evening privacy. The levelers are hydraulics and the slides are electric. so far very happy with the unit even though we had many problems as I understand is industry wide. Once the bugs get worked out the floor plan and handling is excellent.
hope that helps
wondermn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #3

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

What stops the shade from swinging when partially down as a visor?
davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidceder View Post
Thanks for the reply.

What stops the shade from swinging when partially down as a visor?
We have a 36U. The shade will only come down about half way with the engine running for safety. It really doesn't move much during travel. The side ones move more since there's more side to side motion during travel but it's a non issue as well. I did add some one inch pipe insulation to the side one to make them quieter when they do make contact
GCSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #5

I have a 2016 35US, hydraulic levelers, electric slides and motorized front shade.

The levelers are great and have had no issues. The electric slides also work well, no issues. My greatest fear is being stuck in a campground with the slides out, not retracting. My dealer was not helpful when I asked how to solve this problem. It's on me to learn how to resolve that when it becomes a problem.

The front shade is fantastic as are all the MCD shades in our Precept. Great for privacy at night and also as a sun visor when traveling into the sun. No bouncing around or movement when driving, much better than the curtains some manufacturers use.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
I have a 2016 35US, hydraulic levelers, electric slides and motorized front shade.

The levelers are great and have had no issues. The electric slides also work well, no issues. My greatest fear is being stuck in a campground with the slides out, not retracting. My dealer was not helpful when I asked how to solve this problem. It's on me to learn how to resolve that when it becomes a problem.

The front shade is fantastic as are all the MCD shades in our Precept. Great for privacy at night and also as a sun visor when traveling into the sun. No bouncing around or movement when driving, much better than the curtains some manufacturers use.
There should be a section in your owner's manual, in the Slides chapter, that explains how to retract your slides if the motor fails. Usually just involves releasing the slide brake, and using a socket wrench/ratchet to manually retract the slide. Remember to re-engage the slide brake before you move the vehicle, as the slide doesn't lock unless the brake is locked.
Av8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #7

Have you seen a Jayco owner's manual? They are about as generic as you can get.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
We have a 36U. The shade will only come down about half way with the engine running for safety. It really doesn't move much during travel. The side ones move more since there's more side to side motion during travel but it's a non issue as well. I did add some one inch pipe insulation to the side one to make them quieter when they do make contact

On my 31v, the front shade will come down all the way with the motor running and in gear. I assume some sort of lock-out is not installed, not sure. I have no issues with mine swinging back and forth while I drive and frequently use it as a sunshade.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post

The key is to understand what type of slide you use and where the motors are and just as importanly where the motor controllers are. In the Allante/Vision 31V, we have two types of slides mechanisms, one is the lippert controls in-wall slide and the other is a power gear slide system. The motors are in the wall for the lippert controls in-wall slide, and in the storage bays for the LCI power gear slide for the Allante/Vision. See this video from Josh the RV nerd on slide out mechanism types. In fact in this video it appears he's in a Jayco Allante 31V based on the floorplan when he demonstrates and talks about the power gear slide system.

Josh the RV Nerd

Lippert Controls Override In-wall

Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Have you seen a Jayco owner's manual? They are about as generic as you can get.
Yes. Actually I have one for my vehicle. The owners manual for a 2016 is available on line at no charge.

The instructions on how to retract the slides manually, is on page 59 & 60 of that manual.
Av8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:11 AM   #11

That's better than what I've seen in the towable and Class 'C' manuals I've had. Perhaps they are improving things. That's good to hear.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #12

I’m very happy with my 2019 34G. We shopped and looked at dozens of class A’s. One salesman said make sure you like the floor plan. The 34G has the perfect floorplan for us. So far had it for about seven months now 7000 miles, very happy. No significant problems at all.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:31 AM   #13

With the owners manual I got a stack of manuals from the parts manufacturers (levelers, stove, frig, etc). They describe in finer details how their parts work. Also you can get the model number of the device and find more info online.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote