Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
i have the roadmaster SD and i feel it keeps the steering wheel more centered when going straight, takes the slop out of the whole steering system no more sawing the steering wheel to just go straight and also greatly improves the return to center from making a sharp left or right turns oh and helps with the rare front end blow out too..
Ditto
FlaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #62

If "sawing" the steering wheel is a problem try focusing farther down the road.

Setting the toe alignment positive .25-.50" (other than factory specs) to compensate for that feeling of "it handles like a wheelbarrow" may create the need for new tires sooner than expected.

Keep the tires inflated to the chassis manufacture's recommendations to avoid overheating and blowouts.

Steering stabilizers do have the return to center (RTC) function to help the driver keep going straight in case of a front tire blowout, but installing one to compensate for worn front ends parts in not recommended.
They can take some getting used to as it is always pulling opposite of the driver's input.

There's not much that can be done to eliminate the "sway" when crossing through driveways or some street corners but to slow down and maximize the angle of attack.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #63

I have a 2015 31ul with the 18000 pound chaise and it is stock with 14000miles and handles great.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #64

Our 2017 35S is bone stock, coming up on 10,000 miles and gives no driving problems other than the controllable push from passing larger trucks and ensuing vacuum. Don’t plan on changing a thing.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:52 AM   #65

I no longer own one. Got tied of the nightmare trying to keep it in my lane. The wife was scared every time we went some where so hence she did not enjoy the trip.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #66

On my 2015 Precept I still have only the JRide. I just went on my first long trip since we purchased this unit and now I want to do the CHF and add a steering stabilizer. The wind blew me around a bit.

2015 Jayco Precept 31UL stock w/10000 miles
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:35 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown View Post
On my 2015 Precept I still have only the JRide. I just went on my first long trip since we purchased this unit and now I want to do the CHF and add a steering stabilizer. The wind blew me around a bit.

2015 Jayco Precept 31UL stock w/10000 miles
I have the 2016 31ul. The biggest difference I saw was having the front end aligned to Ford motorhome specs, which is different than Ford f53 chassis delivered to jayco. (Jayco doesn't do an extra alignment step as I understand it). Also I did the CHF front and rear to help reduce sway. Alignment and CHF front really tightened up steering to get rid of sawing effect. CHF rear helped with sway. I added koni shocks for a better ride. What once was a scary white knuckle ride has become ok. Big improvement.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #68

I have a 2017 Alante 31V I purchase with 2477 miles. The ride compared to my 2003 Fleetwood Fiesta was terrible...was being beat to death by interstate concrete divisions and uneven roads. So bad that the shower doors would come loose and bang around. I compared my suspension with the Fleetwood and opted to make similar changes. I first changed the shocks to Koni which improved the ride and sway some. Then added Sumo springs in front and rear...the difference in ride and sway now is amazing. I would highly recommend looking at Sumo springs...they beat the JRide HANDS DOWN. I also added Safe-T-Steer which has made handling much better.
Fido & Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
i have the roadmaster SD and i feel it keeps the steering wheel more centered when going straight, takes the slop out of the whole steering system no more sawing the steering wheel to just go straight and also greatly improves the return to center from making a sharp left or right turns oh and helps with the rare front end blow out too..
On our Alante 31V we also did the roadmaster along with CHF. Not as good as our previous DP air suspension, But good enough to leave along and enjoy. With the money we saved we can afford to avoid some of the bad roads. Two trips for 5000 miles and also a couple of short trips. 2017 model picked up Jan 18 with over 7500 happy miles. Yes we stuck with J-ride
KenAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #70

Does anyone stick with Jride?

We just purchased 2018 Alante26x we found it responds nicely now that we are loaded with water tanks at half. We find sweet spot is 60-65 mph best. We feel crosswinds and semi’s and are thinking about stabilizer bars. Not sure if its worth the extra expense. We are going to try wheel balance first.
Lorraine Yigit is offline   Reply With Quote