Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #1

Door Window Shade

I'm trying to find out if Jayco (or anyone else for that matter) makes/sells a shade for the door window for my 2018 Alante 29S. Every other window in the coach can be covered by a shade except this one. Kind of not as private as I'd like it to be.
I contacted Jayco customer service and they were no help. One C.S. rep even argued with me that my coach wasn't even supposed to have a window in the door so why would they sell a shade for it??!!? (WTF...Really??)
I'm sure I could cobble something together with some dark material and velcro tape but it'd prolly look cheesy. Or maybe cardboard and duct tape...
Anyway, thanks for the help,
Dave
Odinsvalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #2

There are several window replacements with shades on Amazon, take a look at this one.
https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...gateway&sr=8-3
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:08 AM   #3

Our 2016 precept has an mcd shade that covers the window and door. It's the same brand as the rest of the shades.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #4

Our 17 35S does too. If you call CS they may give you the reference for it and you can have a dealer order it and drop ship it to you or install at their place. Mine is quite long as it covers the glass window above the door and the door glass as well.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #5

I recently installed a MCD screen door window shade on my Seneca, I like it since it moves with the doors and doesn't hang in the way when you open the door!

Screen Door Shades | MCD Innovations
Attached Thumbnails
MCD screen door shade open.jpg   MCD screen door shade closed.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I recently installed a MCD screen door window shade on my Seneca, I like it since it moves with the doors and doesn't hang in the way when you open the door!

Now I like that one a lot.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:

I’m curious, looking at the MCD order form they ask for your window measurements. Since you changed your door window from old style to new frameless style, would the MCD shade you bought work with either window (both windows)? I ask because I will likely change my window out for the new style in the future and if I buy the MCD shade now, would it still fit and work with the newer window. I assume it will, but thought I’d ask. What did the shade cost? Does it mount to the inside of the screen door? One more question, as I recall you removed your door to cut the window hole larger for the new window. In hind sight was that necessary? If doing it again would you still remove the door Thanks!
James AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by James AO View Post
I’m curious, looking at the MCD order form they ask for your window measurements. Since you changed your door window from old style to new frameless style, would the MCD shade you bought work with either window (both windows)? I ask because I will likely change my window out for the new style in the future and if I buy the MCD shade now, would it still fit and work with the newer window. I assume it will, but thought I’d ask. What did the shade cost? Does it mount to the inside of the screen door? One more question, as I recall you removed your door to cut the window hole larger for the new window. In hind sight was that necessary? If doing it again would you still remove the door Thanks!
The MCD window shade does indeed attach to the screen door and covers the entire upper section. So it would fit (cover) either the original small window and the larger window I installed. You measure it to fit the screen door regardless of the size of the window in the entry door. The shade was $125.00 delivered. You send them the dimensions, they call you in a few days to confirm the order, give you the cost and take your payment information.

I would absolutely remove the door again, having it flat on sawhorses made it very easy to do the cutout layout and then actually cut and trim the new opening. Removing the door was actually very easy but does require a helper. Someone to hold the door and someone to remove the hinge screws.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
The MCD window shade does indeed attach to the screen door and covers the entire upper section. So it would fit (cover) either the original small window and the larger window I installed. You measure it to fit the screen door regardless of the size of the window in the entry door. The shade was $125.00 delivered. You send them the dimensions, they call you in a few days to confirm the order, give you the cost and take your payment information.

I would absolutely remove the door again, having it flat on sawhorses made it very easy to do the cutout layout and then actually cut and trim the new opening. Removing the door was actually very easy but does require a helper. Someone to hold the door and someone to remove the hinge screws.
Thanks Robert!
James AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #10

We used “ shade screen “ cut to fit the window and attaches with magnets for less than $20.00 at HD Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote