Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2023, 12:06 PM   #21

[QUOTE=ShortChi;1097664]Coach net is the answer. Great experiences over 20 years with tires, winching out of mud, and tech support.[/QUOTE

Ditto on coach net have had them almost 5 years. Only need them once. They were great.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:31 PM   #22

Here.. with another question regarding TPMS .. this time the booster location... I'm having lots of issues with No Signal on some of the TOAD TireMinder sensors... and I think it is due to the location I used for the booster... as the cable for the booster is no long enough.. and I'm clamping the cables on the house batteries... the booster is not all the way in the back of the rig for better coverage on the TPMS Sensors on the TOAD.

Where do you have the booster installed on your rigs? Not sure if I can tap on one of the rear lights.. but I don't have any expertise on that.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2023, 10:40 PM   #23

I hung mine in the battery bay ..... handy to 12v and it works fine. But another poster stated that he put his under the bed, a better idea. Me thinks you will surely find 12v there. That would be closer to the rear end of the coach which is what the folks at TST recommended and it would be protected from the elements. I haven't moved mine yet, but it's on my l o n g to-do list. :^)

Wishing you success; it solved my problem......same as yours; i.e., intermittent loss of signal from the toad sensors.
Toad: 2016 Kia Soul w/6-spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:12 AM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Mine is in the battery bay as well and I have no issues picking up the toad numbers, but I use the TST System not Tire Minder, but one wouldn't think it would matter.

I have had the DW follow me for short distance moves and the TPMS is picking her up multiple car lengths behind the coach.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #25
TJW

I too installed the TireMinder i10 RV transmitter in the battery bay of our Precept 34G. I wired the transmitter into a 4-gang rocker switch, ASIN # B07MNYBPQ4 bought from the jungle store.
That way I have an easily accessable switch to shut off power to the transmitter during non-driving times. Make sure to point the transmitter antennas down toward the road, as the transmitter uses the road surface to bounce the signal off and back to the receiver on the dash. I made sure the antennas pointed down were hanging just below any chassis frame parts, just to lessen any potential obstructions to the signal. The TireMinder i10 operates very well. Only issue i had with NS (no signal) readings is when the batteries in the wheel-mounted sensors are close to replacement. TireMinder offers a free battery replacement program.
7.3 L V8 (Godzilla), Toad: 2016 Jeep Willys, Magnum Pathfinder ebikes, Roadmaster 077-10 Dual hitch receiver, 2in & 10in. offsets, RV Rider Hitch bike rack, Blue Ox - Accent towbar, Saf-T-Plus steering stablizer, Koni FSD shocks (4), SuperSpring Sumosprings, SuperSteer Rear trac bar, SuperSteer front radius rods, TireMinder i10 RV, Garmin RV 785, Magna shades, Traeger Ranger
TJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 11:04 AM   #26

Our RVi hub module is actually plugged into the driver side cabinet above couch. Works fine. Probably should find plug in bedroom for better range. Can be used as a leveling device too.

https://rvibrake.com/products/comman...ub-replacement

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 12:10 PM   #27

I'll look into relocating mine to the battery bay as well and have it point down with the antennas... right now it is somewhere on the undercarriage with the antennas pointing to the toad but not down to the road.

I thought it was a baterry issue and I did change baterries on all 10 sensors.. but still in every trip I usually get a No Signal from one of the TOAD sensors... I just put to the side... remove the sensor from the tire.. put it back and it is active again... I'm thinking that it is happening due to some traffic interference... disrupting the signal.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:43 PM   #28

I have had two blowouts on Goodyear Endurance 10 ply on my 2019 Jayco Pinnacle . And a third overheat but pulled over in time. They determined they where all faulty. I am desperately trying to find a 14ply 255/85R16 trailer Tire, ANY SUGGESTIONS? Good year was the recommended tire from Jayco and I noticed they went to a 17 " trailer tire this year, a little to late for my comfort.
Brokerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 11:46 AM   #29

My booster was in the rear compartment connected to one of the lights.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote