Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #1

Garmin Infotainement system

Continuing my post about the Sani Con system, they also discontinued the Garmin Infotainment System. It looks like just a small screen the the cameras now. The sales woman was not real familiar with it . . .

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Jaycoskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #2

This has been noted in serveral Garmin Fusion threads around the forum. Jayco is using the Soundstream Infotainment Dash Radio w/ GPS & CD/DVD Player on the 2019 models.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #3

We have the Garmin in our '18 Precept. It has been described by some as clunky to the point of being "demonically possessed" and I cannot completely disagree. After 4 months of use I've figured it out for the most part but some of the features and operating details are NOT intuitive. I've read on other forums that this and a number of defective units had a lot to do with Jayco switching to Soundstream for '19.
BobAndKarenNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #4

I also have grown to enjoy most of what the Garmin/Fusion Infotainment System has to offer. Used it for the first 9 or 10 months, did all the updates over that time, but eventually reformatted it to factory conditions and started over with all the updates. Since then it has been performing flawlessly.

The only downside still is while traveling with the rear camera screen on is that when after using the turn signals it does not return to the rear camera view. Originally I spoke to Garmin about this and they just took note of my request, nothing promised as to update it to do what I want...so now still having to touch the home screen to return to the rear camera after using the turn signals/side cameras.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #5

Mine has also grown on me. The updates really help, especially the dock updates. Maps v3.20 was recently released. …..

While the update was loading, I decided to browse thru the manual. To my surprise, this device has the capabilities of monitoring and controlling things in the RV from the remote.

The documentation from Garmin is very vague, but states the Xperiance App (only available in the remote when undocked) will connect to Scheiber Controls and Sensors over the built in CAN Bus. When I select the app, it states "service not available" …..

Scheiber makes RV components for level sensors, solar panels, lighting/shades, battery monitoring, etc. Interesting concept, but I doubt any Scheiber componets are in my 26x …..
Old 09-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #6

Is it possible to replace the Fusion with something else? I always have problems getting the volume to work for my sound system when it is undocked.
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #7

My 2018 Alante 26X came with the Fusion/Garmin system and the GPS portion never did work. Jayco denied any warrantee claims that had been submitted. After months of dealing with this problem, my dealer submitted a claim to the Fusion/Garmin people, they tried system and map updates that were unsuccessful and finally replaced the system and it works great. Thank you to Fusion/Garmin for doing the right thing for your customers. JH
micp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #8

Good to hear yours is working and Garmin stepped up to resolve. Mine also works great since I applied the updates myself. The maps/gps is based on the Garmin RV660LMT, which is a gps only device. Garmin is working with Fusion Entertainment to create this product, which has been making av equipment for boats and rv for years.

Sounds like yours might of been an early version. The first ones with a version before v2.10 MUST have the dock updated before the remote. Sounds like they did not follow this and had to replace. A note from Garmin's website …… (When updating the RV HUB Remote and RV HUB Dock software versions from 2.00 (or earlier) to 2.10 (or later), the RV HUB Dock software MUST be updated before the RV HUB Remote software.)

You can do the updates yourself. Head to Garmin's Express Website and install their free software. In addition to hardware updates, the software also offers map updates which is probably not covered under warranty. Hopefully the maps are lifetime free maps like the RV600/RV700 series.

The current version for the dock is v3.20, the remote is v2.70 (released in the last few weeks). The maps are 2019.20 for North America (released about June of this year)……

Information on this product is currently very limited, below are links to instructions on applying updates. To update the dock you need to prepare a usb flash drive with the system before you can update with Garmin Express on your computer. The USB port below the radio in my 26x works for this ……

- Updating Maps and Software for the RV HUB Remote

- Updating Software for the RV HUB Dock

- Preparing a USB Flash Drive for Updates

- Downloading Software Updates to the Prepared USB Flash Drive

- Installing Downloaded Updates onto the RV HUB Dock

FYI …… There is a Fusion-Link Wireless Remote App for iPhone/Android ……
Old 10-16-2018, 03:12 AM   #9

Update

This past weekend I updated my Garmin, just because I could, and ran into a host of problems. The unit wouldnt turn off, then it would turn off. The map was all goofy.

I did the factor reset and that seemed to do the trick.

Anyone else with this issue?
fizikpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizikpal View Post
This past weekend I updated my Garmin, just because I could, and ran into a host of problems. The unit wouldnt turn off, then it would turn off. The map was all goofy.

I did the factor reset and that seemed to do the trick.

Anyone else with this issue?
The factory reset appeared to fix my issues, also. I will not know until I take another long trip.

Has anyone replaced this system with something else? I would not only need the navigation features, but this also controls my sound system.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
The current version for the dock is v3.20, the remote is v2.70 (released in the last few weeks). The maps are 2019.20 for North America (released about June of this year)……
Just updated my dock and on screen about data shows current version for dock and remote at v3.20, specifically, RV Hub Dock Version 3.20.36 and RV Hub Remote Version 3.20-f4fb95e

My most annoying issue has been getting the remote to sync with the dock and getting to the Music screen...you need to be here to change from AM/FM/USB/AUX1/BLUETOOTH Hoping this might help.

I also see there's another update online for the remote, software and maps so I'll take care of that tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #12

Latest updates fix rear camera issue after using turn signals/side cameras...now goes back to the previous screen you were on, so if on rear camera, goes back there after turn signal, if on navigation, goes back there after turn signal. Finally fixed this PITA issue!

Two updates out there, one for base unit, one for remote.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:54 AM   #13

How big a flash drive is needed
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:21 AM   #14

After working with Garmin about many issues the finally had me do a factory reset and then all the updates. This was right after we got it and the tech said that while new units are on the lot and people look and play with things and try to use the unit with no direction, they tend to get screwed up. They told me that they tried to get Dealer’s to factory reset once the unit was sold but yeah we all know how that works. If you are having a quirky unit try the factory reset right off the bat and then update. Mine has worked great ever since.

While many people will jump to think that because Jayco switched to a different unit after one year (like they did with the Truma water heater in the Senecas) that it is because it is bad you have to remember that parts sourcing goes to the lowest bidder.....Garmin is a big name in GPS and has been around a while.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #15

How do you update the docking station? I have updated the hand-held unit with Garmin Express, but can no info about the dock.

Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from an encampment.
- US Army Field Regulations, 1861
Cliff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff_W View Post
How do you update the docking station? I have updated the hand-held unit with Garmin Express, but can no info about the dock.

You have to do it with USB Flash Drive via the USB port. You have to first format the flash drivestick then when you plug the stick into the computer and open Garmin Express it will recognize the stick as the dock hub. Its all pretty simple after the stick is ready and I just keep that stick in the RV

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pr...softwareupdate

Preparing the USB Flash Drive

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...AEF0536B7.html

Downloading software updates to the prepared USB Flash Drive

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...2A8C8A520.html

Update the software for the RV Hub Dock

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...5826AB083.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #17

I use a 1GB flash drive so it does not have to be large at all.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:52 PM   #18

my problem is that "shut off Propane" appears, yet when I shut it off , it still reappears on Garmin Fusion GPS, usually this is a sign I am not updated. Yet I am updated and still a problem and it shows Shut Off Propane. Anyone have similar problem?
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:58 AM   #19

Propane message on Garmin

Yes, I've seen that.

We've been using the Garmin in our 2018 and it works reliably now. I've been keeping it current all along, and did do a factory reset a few years ago. The main thing I miss using the Garmin is real time traffic data, and that is particularly frustrating because the unit supports it, but Garmin will not. (It seems to have been a Europe only feature.) So, I have second device running Google Maps to see the traffic, and adjust my expectations for arrival.

When travelling through parts of the northeast US (NY, NJ, etc), the warning came on, and would not dismiss until I left the prohibited area. A minor annoyance, but easy enough to ignore. Anyone know how to fix that?
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote