Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #1

How do I check and refill the Auto-Jack-Leveler reservoir??

Can anyone advise how I can check the level of the Auto-Leveler System reservoir? Mine has a leak (making a real mess) and it'll be a week or two before I have the dealer look at it but we're going camping this weekend and I don't want to find myself out boondocking and unable to raise the jacks! I've done some googling but can't seem to find anything that gives me clear direction on 1)checking the level and 2) what fluid to replace/add if necessary? Thanks much.
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #2

Not enough information. Need to know manufactur of the unit. Normally it uses dexron transmission fluid. Your manual should give all the details. If no manual determine manufactor and download from their website. Good luck.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #3

Sorry 'bout that. Guess I simply assumed all the Jayco Class A here used the same. But more likely not. So this question is for the '17 31UL. And unfortunately the Manual is almost more "generic" than my original post when it comes to the details LOL
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #4

I have a 2016 31ul. The power gear reservoir is located just the the right of the battery tray. There are instructions printed on the reservoir to fill to the embossed line and what type of fluid to use. It should be changed every 2 years. Your coach must be level with the jacks fully retracted before adding any fluid. Hopefully you have the same system. I f not, Look at your controller and the name that's on the reservoir. If it's a power gear, google it and go to lippert @ https://www.lci1.com/support-leveling-systems/ Hope this helps.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave55 View Post
I have a 2016 31ul. The power gear reservoir is located just the the right of the battery tray. There are instructions printed on the reservoir to fill to the embossed line and what type of fluid to use. It should be changed every 2 years. Your coach must be level with the jacks fully retracted before adding any fluid. Hopefully you have the same system. I f not, Look at your controller and the name that's on the reservoir. If it's a power gear, google it and go to lippert @ https://www.lci1.com/support-leveling-systems/ Hope this helps.
I have a 2015 31UL and mine is the same as described above.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #6

As Dave55 and Dbrown have stated check the labels on the hydraulic reservoir tank. Mine is also located in the battery compartment and recommends Dexron III or Mercon V or equivalent. Also, the alarm is very sensitive and it doesn’t have to be much below the fill line to set it off. When I had a leaking jack last year I took it to a local truck repair shop and Jayco reimbursed me. Good luck with yours.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #7
RWK

I too struggled with this. The dealer told me to keep it at the line just below the side fill cap. I have a leak that only leaks when the jacks are retracted. Its slow and hard to find. The dealer told me they fixed it once, but it still leaked just slower.......
Getting ready to crawl under there and fix it myself.
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote