Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #1

How to access water pump??

Hello,
can someone please advise me on the best way to access my water pump for my 2018 Jayco alante? The pump has given up for some reason . I can see it when I open the water access bay - it is above the filter when I look in to the left. The problem is ,I can barely get one hand up to the bottom of the pump unit so I will not be able to remove it from here (unless I was made of rubber!!) . My neck is already hurting just trying to squeeze in there to have a look.
I was under the impression the access from inside the RV was under the sink but when I took off the panel on the right (when under sink) there was no pump visible here: I feel it is just under the area I accessed under the sink but no obvious entry there.
Am I missing something ?
Can anyone help please?
By the way I am not very technical or a "tool guy" !! I was just going to be brave and go for it this time in order not to lose my unit to the dealer for the rest of the Summer
Thanks,
Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #2

I have a 2018 31P. I have replaced my water pump, it is difficult. It is attached to a plywood plate and then to the sidewall of the compartment. I removed the pump by removing the 4 screws holding the plywood plate to the sidewall. I unscrewed the 2 water lines and pulled the pump down. When I replaced the pump. I put 4 machine screws through the plywood plate, through the compartment sidewall. I mounted the new pump to the plywood plate. Pushed 4 screws through the plywood plate and then through the compartment wall. I put nuts, flats and locks on the screws as they protruded through the compartment wall. I then connected the 2 water lines. Note: all the screws are removed with a square drive tool.
KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:17 PM   #3

Thanks KHabie.
My issue is I can’t get at the pump from outside. Did you do your job from outside or did you manage to access the pump from inside the RV?
I appreciate your help.
Punchy
Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:03 AM   #4

Water Pump

I am not familiar with you exact unit, however I believe the compartment that houses the water control board/valves is the same. My pump is above the large water filter on the left wall of that compartment. I cannot access my pump from inside the coach. It is a tight fit.
KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water pump