Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I did not order mine, so i'm not sure what is "possible", but my educated guess would be they do not deviate from the "standard" options which is partly how they keep costs down.

The Entegra 36U comes with a 15K Heat pump and a 13.5K AC with 50 amp service. The only "upgrade" you could do to the second AC would be to make it a 15K AC/AC w/heat pump. I really doubt the 1500 btu will make a ton of difference (pun intended).

However if you really want that, I would discuss it with the dealer, and have them do that mod as part of the purchase. If you stuck with the AC only upgrade, the swap should just be removing and installing the outside unit. No need for thermostat change or possible wiring changes.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRVIN0500 View Post
We're seriously looking at the new 36U class A gasser.
I can't find anything showing an "In-motion" satellite dish or picture/options to have the coach pre-wired so we can put a Travel'r dish on the roof. We were wondering the the arched roof causes an issue with satellite dishes.
Can anyone advise please? We'd like to keep DISH when we travel but can't seem to find how to do that.
We have a 35s. Had the traveler installed by the dealer at time of purchase. They used the factory wiring, no issues at all. It was about $1600 for everything but that was 2 yrs ago. Also added the washer/dryer combo and had them install all the hardware for our toad. Also added a Winegard Wi-Fi extender and cell phone extender as well. With the extras the retail was about 165K at the time, we paid 120. So your discount seems about right.
Av8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #23

And how do you find the quality? We like the Precept Prestige that they came out with and like some of the Jayco accouterments but haven't read much about problems. We've seen comments like ,"Since Jayco sold out to Thor their quality and support have gone to hell". How have you found quality as delivered, time following, and support from the dealer after the sale. Like I had said before, we're only 3 hours from Red Bay Alabama and are also looking at a Tiffin. It would run about $15K more so.....
DIRVIN0500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRVIN0500 View Post
And how do you find the quality? We like the Precept Prestige that they came out with and like some of the Jayco accouterments but haven't read much about problems. We've seen comments like ,"Since Jayco sold out to Thor their quality and support have gone to hell". How have you found quality as delivered, time following, and support from the dealer after the sale. Like I had said before, we're only 3 hours from Red Bay Alabama and are also looking at a Tiffin. It would run about $15K more so.....
Jayco is still run independently and built in different locations. We've had a few issues since purchase, but other than the aforementioned black tank valve, the issues were with components installed by Jayco and one issue that was Ford. Our dealer is fairly small compared to most. They only sell Jayco, Tiffin, Airstream and maybe one more. Their reviews were very good and we've had very prompt service so far. The first 60 days they give you a personal contact and put you first in line. After that, they are 3 to 5 weeks out depending on season. Having said that, if I lived that close to Red Bay, the Tiffin would probably be my choice. It sounds like you have enough time to adjust the budget accordingly.
GCSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #25

My experience with Jayco has been nothing but positive so far. My unit was clean and only had a fe wvery minor issues at delivery. Things like a broken AC vent, small leak at the shower door, lights in the awning not working properly, all of which dealt with by the dealer in short order. I've called Jayco Motorized Customer Service multiple times and had excellent dealings with them including schematics, wiring diagrams, etc... very good to deal with.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #26

That's awesome. Jayco dealer is about an hour and Red Bay 3 so we will be able to compare apples to apples pretty easily. Hope to be out of our house and in a new house by Christmas. We will then start looking hard after our year plus of research. Don't know how long Jayco takes to deliver an ordered unit but Tiffin takes about 4 months from order.
DIRVIN0500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:45 PM   #27
75H

Totally gave up on sat tv for the home & rv, switched everything to OTA, streaming, and Amazon Recast. There is a learning curve, but IMO once you get used to it, things are better and WAY less expensive.

I also like having the ability to watch live or almost-live local news from states we are headed for or have friends in, both at home and on the road.

The trick is to find the right mobile Internet solution, fortunately there are many choices out there and 5g is coming. If we spent a majority of time away from cellular Internet, I'd disagree with myself, but so far very happy having cut the cord!

2018 Jayco 29MVP
75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
On the Allante/Vision series, the satellite prep consists of two rg6 coax lines from the roof to the main tv, as well as 12v control wiring on the roof. In addition, there is a satellite rg6 coax from the wet bay to the main tv.

I was able to get detailed schematics from Jayco with my vin. I was able to determine that I also have cat6 from the main tv to the bedroom and outside tv that can be used for hdmi over cat6.

I would have a look at Entegra Emblem 36U. The Entegra is built in the Jayco factory and on the Allante/Vision trim level, the Entegra has a bit better finishes. Jayco motorized customer service is fantastic as well. They will send you schematics and any information you need. I was able to get my Entegra Vision for over 36% off msrp, with very little work at all.

Hope this helps...
Hi Michael!

We just bought a Entegra vision, thinking about putting winegard satellite on the roof. Is there a 12v power supply on the roof already to power the satellite? Do we need to drill holes on the roof to connect the coax cables? We are totally new to the RV world, trying to save some money by installing ourselves. Thanks for any advice/suggestion you can provide.
hopeya2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:55 AM   #29

i had a portable for my Class A, it worked fine. Once i found out how to use my wifi, i use a fire stick. As long as you unlimited data you can stream with a stick. My dish cost $44.oo permont, need to se the southern horizon. Stick was lot easier and as i said cell connection for data was there all the time for me. 3G works fine for streaming, but must of the time i got 4G. Most likely you alread have data, so for $39.95, amazon 4k stick will make it best.The Sticxk can go in the RV or your Home.
MSG Coons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeya2006 View Post
Hi Michael!

We just bought a Entegra vision, thinking about putting winegard satellite on the roof. Is there a 12v power supply on the roof already to power the satellite? Do we need to drill holes on the roof to connect the coax cables? We are totally new to the RV world, trying to save some money by installing ourselves. Thanks for any advice/suggestion you can provide.

Congrats... Which model? First thing to do, contact Jayco Motorized Customer Service at 800-517-9137. Provide them your name and VIN and ask them for the roof construction, satellite placement, and 12v/AV wiring diagrams for your coach. I've attached mine, but mine is a 31V and even if yours is a 31V, I would still request them as there may have been a revision since my unit. Please do not use my uploads as a guide for your installation, its just and example for reference so you know what you should be getting from Jayco.

With that said, there should be 12v power on the roof for the satellite, there is on mine. You will need to drill a hole in the outer roof to mount the satellite and retreive the 12V and AV cables.

Regarding the roof satellite, I would consider the type of camping you do, when you use the Satellite, etc... before taking the plunge. First, are you doing Dish or Direct for programming? Second, do you require in-motion while driving or not? Third, where do you camp and are there trees typically? How many channels do you need to watch simultaneously?

For us, we do Dish Network since we have it already at the house and the RV receiver costs me $5/mo. We don't watch it in-motion and we do alot of state parks which means trees almost always present. For that reason we went with a portable Sat. dish. We went with the Pathway X2 as it can pull in both the Eastern (61.5, 72, 77) and Western (110, 119, 129) Dish Arc Sats making it easier to setup dependiong on trees and location.

All of Winegard in-motion sats and most if not all of the portable automatic units will only do one of the two arcs, which means you're limited to that portion of the sky and then if you have tree cover, no TV at all. Sure it takes me about 10 min to setup when I get where i'm going, but I have the option to put the Sat where I want and choose the arc I want. You have to decide which is best for you and what you need, but make sure you consider the options carefully. Also once you get the wiring diagrams, you can see if you are wired for Cat6 between the main TV and any remote TVs in your unit. I just helped someone setup an HDMI over Cat6 Matrix to distribute HDMI to all TVs in the coach from the main Sat Signal. See this Thread...
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-77417.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Satellite Mount Measurements.pdf (65.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V 12v RF Harness.pdf (206.4 KB, 4 views)