Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Satellite question

We have the Entegra Emblem 36T with in motion sat and Wally receiver.

I recall reading these coaches along with the jaycos are wired for hdmi over cat6.

How does this work, haven’t been able to figure out how to get the sat to the bedroom or outdoor tv yet?

Been using a wireless hdmi but don’t like moving it between bedroom and outdoor.

Am I missing something with using the factory setup?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I can't speak to the Emblem per se, but I can tell you what route I took and it was sorta by accident. I reached out to Jayco asking for the wiring diagram and structural desgin for the roof so I knew where to mount my rooftop Sat. In reviewing the wiring diagram, I noticed that I had cat6 running from my main TV location to both additional TVs. I then removed panels and verified that the cat6 was indeed in the location I expected. It was then that I asked Jayco why i didn't not get the HDMI over cat6 switcher in my unit. I was informed that this was something that came on the Jayco units not the Entegra units. I took to this forum and asked the question about which make/model of switcher was used, and a very nice gentleman named Mike offered me his unit that he was not using.

So if I were you, I would start with the wiring diagram for satelite and media, and verify you're properly wired. Then I would look for an HDBaseT splitter to use. By the way, we went portable Sat and prefer it since we do alot of state parks and tree cover is usually an issue.

Original post here - https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...set-66242.html

Hope this helps, and happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks,
Mike
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #3

I have a lnb 1/2 jack that has coax to my Wally box . 1 coax to Wally and other to nothing at the moment but inside the wall has 2 coax wires going to it.

Also have the powered antenna connection which seems to be the feed for cable tv/over air antenna.

Not sure if there is another splitter somewhere but the bunks seem to get cable tv and over air tv too

Seems odd that I can’t get sat anywhere but the main tv at the moment..
Old 07-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #4

The satellite doesn't do well when switched, so the feed will be direct from the antenna to the Wally basically. It may go through a panel or two, but it won't be like the antenna/CATV switcher/booster combo.

I think the best bet would be to contact Jayco and get the satellite/media wiring diagram which will show what your coach is wired with to see if you have cat6 wired in for the additional TVs.

Once you get it you'll know if you have the Cat6 run already and if so you can use it, if not you can use the wireless HDMI transmitters.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #5

Here's my wiring diagram.... as you can see it shows two cat cables going from my main TV to my bedroom TV and my exterior TV. I opened a service panel and confirmed they were there, then began my work to utilize them.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/a...5&d=1555644854
Old 07-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #6

Looking at my wiring diagram it shows rg6 at all tv locations
Old 07-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #7

RG6 is the coax cable, if you have cat6 it will say cat. In that case, you could stick with the wireless HDMI, or you could convert the RG6 to each of the other TV locations to carry the HDMI signal from the satellite, but you would lose the OTA and Cable capability on those lines.

You would need something like this...
https://www.provideoinstruments.com/...SABEgJOGfD_BwE
Old 07-12-2020, 05:37 AM   #8

Not good info supplied here so far. If your unit is like my 2018 Precept, it has an HDMI matrix device. Jayco installs this device to supply BluRay/DVD player feed to any or all TVs. It does use Cat6 cable to the TVs, but uses a Cat6 to HDMI converter to connect to the TV.

Now, the best part...the HDMI matrix device has two other HDMI inputs of value. One for your SAT receiver, in my case the Dish Wally receiver. This allows me to see the SAT TV signal on any or all three TVs. It has to be connected to the SAT HDMI port, on my HDMI matrix device that's #2.

I also connect a notebook computer that I have mounted over my main TV connected to the HDMI matrix device in HDMI port 4, it is designated for a PC. This allows me to send my notebook screen to any or all three TVs. I use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and touchpad to operate the PC, one keyboard inside and one outside.

BTW, I can use all three TV inputs if needed, and currently am doing that right now. I have the Dish system working, OTA channels through the antenna working, and RV park cable TV working. The only signal that uses the HDMI matrix device is the Dish signal. The HDMI matrix device can be turned off and you can still get OTA channels from an antenna and RV park cable TV.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SACRIFICE ANYTHING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CONNECT THINGS PROPERLY.

This HDMI matrix device is a powerful device if you understand how it works.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:59 AM   #9

Here is a picture of my HDMI matrix device, the BluRay player and my Dish Wally receiver. Currently the main TV is connected to the PC, and the other two to the Dish Wally receiver. Main TV is on AUX D and the other two TVs are on SAT1 B (Dish) on the HDMI matrix device.

FYI, the BluRay player is on DVD A.

All three of these devices (BluRay player, Dish Wally receiver and Dell notebook PC) are displayed through the same HDMI input on your TV, you use the HDMI matrix device remote to change between the devices.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
Not good info supplied here so far. If your unit is like my 2018 Precept, it has an HDMI matrix device. Jayco installs this device to supply BluRay/DVD player feed to any or all TVs. It does use Cat6 cable to the TVs, but uses a Cat6 to HDMI converter to connect to the TV.

Wrong... the information is good. That's just it... his Entegra Emblem is not like your 2018 Precept. Entegra did not get the HDMI over cat 6 switch box by default, I was told that by Jayco Motorized CS. I called Jayco and was told it did not come with the Entegra Vision. Yes, my Entegra Vision was wired with the CAT6 which I determined AFTER getting my wiring diagram from Jayco (and pulling off all my access panels to locate them since the factory hid them since they were not in use), as I instructed the OP to do multiple times to be sure he is wired first, then determine the best course of action.

Quote:
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SACRIFICE ANYTHING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CONNECT THINGS PROPERLY.

This HDMI matrix device is a powerful device if you understand how it works.

The OP understands technology well enough to implement a wireless HDMI TX/RX combo, I would think he/she would know if an HDMI matrix was in their coach. I understand it very well, I have one which someone with a Jayco Precept was nice enough to give me, but you have to be wired for it first, which we have yet to determine if that is the case. Once we do we can steer the OP in the right direction, but touting the glories of the HMDI over cat6 to someone who is not wired for it is equally bad information. If you read the thread completely you would see that the OP said he doesn't see any cat 6 and he's not yet gotten the wiring diagram, so the options given were based on that information.

We can agree on one thing, the HDMI switcher is very powerful and flexible, assuming you have one or can put one in based on the wiring in the coach. The latter remains to be seen in this case. Please read the entire thread closely before saying someone's advice is bad.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Looking at my wiring diagram it shows rg6 at all tv locations

Would you mind uploading your wiring diagram so I can see it?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
The satellite doesn't do well when switched, so the feed will be direct from the antenna to the Wally basically.
This was the information I disagreed with. Sorry, wasn't trying to derail the discussion.

I also thought it was important to describe how to use the HDMI matrix device to it's full potential. Multiple Dish receivers to each TV for watching different channels presents more issues.

In my case the same Dish channel can be sent to any or all three of my TVs through the HDMI matrix device.

I've seen way too many posts and know people personally who have let SAT companies come in to their RV and totally screw up all their other options so they can connect their SAT equipment, and it doesn't have to be this way.

Hope the OP gets his issue resolved.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #13
CAG

This may or may not help depending upon your unit but this is a previous discussion. Read post #6. My solution is there.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-up-74714.html

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #14

Quote:
The satellite doesn't do well when switched, so the feed will be direct from the antenna to the Wally basically.
Quote:
This was the information I disagreed with. Sorry, wasn't trying to derail the discussion.
I was responding to the OPs post about the OTA/CATV switcher, saying if you switch the RG6 like that from the dish it likely won't work. See the post from the OP below.

Quote:
Also have the powered antenna connection which seems to be the feed for cable tv/over air antenna.

Not sure if there is another splitter somewhere but the bunks seem to get cable tv and over air tv too

Seems odd that I can’t get sat anywhere but the main tv at the moment..
Was trying to say using the OTS switcher would likely not work since it has the booster built-in. Not looking to argue, just trying to set the record straight. I too hope the OP gets his Sat issues resolved.

Quote:
Multiple Dish receivers to each TV for watching different channels presents more issues.
With an HDMI switcher, you could have multiple Wally's on different inputs on the matrix and send different channels to whatever TV you want. With the RF remotes on the Wally's, you can control the Wally inside while being outside. I do it all the time, as I keep a second remote for my outside TV. Completely agree with you the HDMI matrix is the best way to go if wired for it.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Would you mind uploading your wiring diagram so I can see it?
Definitely don’t have a hdmi matrix in the coach from the mfg and am familiar with them, had one in our previous class a pusher.

There are several unused connections behind access panel that Jayco motorized wasn’t clear what they are for just said depending on sat use. It was a red cat5/6 type cable.jayco motorized seemed to indicate I should be able to get sat at all tv locations.

For the time being I’ve been using a wireless hdmi to send signal to bedroom tv and when I want outside I unplug and use with exterior tv. Just not ideal to move it frequently.

Here is our wiring diagram for the emblem 36t, would be nice if all I need is a switching device.
Attached Thumbnails
83D88279-7CCD-4357-AEB3-57FA525A4B7A.jpg  
Old 07-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Here is our wiring diagram for the emblem 36t, would be nice if all I need is a switching device.

Good News/Bad News....

Good news is you are wired for the HDMI switcher. If you look, I highlighted the cat6 wires and their locations.

The main TV (location 8) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is yellow with brown tip (supposedly), indicated with red underlines.

The bedroom TV (location 4) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is purple with blue tip (supposedly), indicated with black underlines.

The outside TV (location 2) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is blue with yellow tip (supposedly), indicated with blue underlines.

So location 10 is where the HDMI switcher should go. I would look to see if there are any false panels behind the TV, behind the fireplace, etc, as this is likely location 10.

Bad news is, you need to find location 10, find all the cat6 cables there and at each other location, and then get yourself a switcher. Bunks are not wired, so no Sat to those with CAT6. Location 10, could be near the main TV or it could be somewhere else, my guess is its near the main TV. I would call Jayco back and ask them where (physically) location 10 is in this diagram, or start pulling panels.

If it were me, I would start with the target locations looking for the cat6 cables, meaning the bedroom, the outside, and main TVs. I would pull all cable jack plates and see if the cable is sitting there (should be).
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 07-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #17

So assuming location 10 is near the tv and the switch gets installed there. Do the 3 cat 6 cables go to the switch?

Additionally what needs to happen at each tv end since there is a cable already attached to each tv cable in jack?

Anyone have a source to buy this switch I need?
Old 07-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Good News/Bad News....

Good news is you are wired for the HDMI switcher. If you look, I highlighted the cat6 wires and their locations.

The main TV (location 8) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is yellow with brown tip (supposedly), indicated with red underlines.

The bedroom TV (location 4) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is purple with blue tip (supposedly), indicated with black underlines.

The outside TV (location 2) has a cat6 that goes to unknown (location 10) that is blue with yellow tip (supposedly), indicated with blue underlines.

So location 10 is where the HDMI switcher should go. I would look to see if there are any false panels behind the TV, behind the fireplace, etc, as this is likely location 10.

Bad news is, you need to find location 10, find all the cat6 cables there and at each other location, and then get yourself a switcher. Bunks are not wired, so no Sat to those with CAT6. Location 10, could be near the main TV or it could be somewhere else, my guess is its near the main TV. I would call Jayco back and ask them where (physically) location 10 is in this diagram, or start pulling panels.

If it were me, I would start with the target locations looking for the cat6 cables, meaning the bedroom, the outside, and main TVs. I would pull all cable jack plates and see if the cable is sitting there (should be).
This switch work?
Attached Thumbnails
C7F2D654-75E8-4124-BBDF-4AAFE0831012.jpg  
Old 07-16-2020, 06:26 PM   #19

Apologize for the delay, work was some kind of crazy today... The original provider for the HDMI switcher is Trinet and the link is here. Unfortunately they are the manufacturer and do not sell retail. Tri-Net Technology, Inc.

I have bought from these folks the receiving units, https://www.cablingsys.com/iteminfo....14-MTX-C5E-404 and they were good to deal with, assuming you want to go with OEM equipment.

If not, the triplite will work, however don't forget you will need to buy receivers like this or similar for each TV. https://www.tripplite.com/hdmi-cat5e...5m~B1261P0MINI

Basically the connection is HDMI from Wally to Switcher, CAT6 from switcher to receiver shown above, then HDMI to TV. You'll need to do this for all three TVs.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Apologize for the delay, work was some kind of crazy today... The original provider for the HDMI switcher is Trinet and the link is here. Unfortunately they are the manufacturer and do not sell retail. Tri-Net Technology, Inc.

I have bought from these folks the receiving units, https://www.cablingsys.com/iteminfo....14-MTX-C5E-404 and they were good to deal with, assuming you want to go with OEM equipment.

If not, the triplite will work, however don't forget you will need to buy receivers like this or similar for each TV. https://www.tripplite.com/hdmi-cat5e...5m~B1261P0MINI

Basically the connection is HDMI from Wally to Switcher, CAT6 from switcher to receiver shown above, then HDMI to TV. You'll need to do this for all three TVs.
Do I need to add receivers at each tv using the oem method as well?

Just want to make sure I buy the right products.