Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2020, 04:35 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy369 View Post
Nice! Did you buy the LCI wifi gateway? Do you happen to have a part number for it?

I would really like to be able to get the HVAC onecontrol module to work. I will need to do some more research and maybe call LCI about the single orange wire issue.

I have read in another thread where Sabre added the awning, slides and lights to OneControl halfway through the 2020 model year. A couple of the 2020 36BHQs we looked at still had manual switches for the lights, awnings and slides.
Yes I did buy the gateway myself, LCI 773741
I also would like to get the HVAC to work too, I need more research for it as well.

Mine has all the manual switches but some of the 38DBQ did have an upgraded system. Personally I like haveing the switches still because I can use the switch if needed or the app the way I wired it up. Switches are good for guests that don't know much but can hit a switch. I do want to add an additional light controller to wire a lot more of the lights in to it. I do currently have my awning and slides all able to be controlled from the app or built in Android screen.
Russd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russd7 View Post
I also would like to get the HVAC to work too, I need more research for it as well.

Mine has all the manual switches but some of the 38DBQ did have an upgraded system. Personally I like haveing the switches still because I can use the switch if needed or the app the way I wired it up. Switches are good for guests that don't know much but can hit a switch. I do want to add an additional light controller to wire a lot more of the lights in to it. I do currently have my awning and slides all able to be controlled from the app or built in Android screen.
Yeah, same. I wish they would have left the manual switches too!
Flyboy369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #63

[QUOTE=Russd7;847851]Yes I did buy the gateway myself, LCI 773741

I finally picked up my trailer a couple of days ago after a couple of attempts where I found issues before I left the lot. I called Lippert last week to ask about the HVAC issue. According to Lippert support, the new Dometic A/Cs have the control boards built into the A/C unit itself so the individual thermostats just act as a keypad essentially. These are not compatible with the older (not really that old) OneControl HVAC modules. He said LCI has just started (in the last month) OEM installations of a new OneControl HVAC module that is compatible with the newer Dometics. He said they are not selling them outside of the OEM channel for now until they can meet the OEM demand. He couldn't even give me a part number for the new modules.

On a separate note, my OneControl has the Unity x0 and Unity X1 modules. The X1 module has the bluetooth built in that allows me to control the system with my phone. So far, I haven't seen any modules that have an ethernet jack that I could plug in a router too? Do I have to buy the WiFi gateway to get that jack?

The software on my system is 3.0 and looks totally different than any of the LCI manuals. I found that I can get into the configurator menu system by touching the word "Home" on the home screen 5 times. In that menu system I can rename the slides, add components, etc. I still haven't found how to update the software on the system. I would assume there is a usb port on the back of the OneControl Touch Screen but I haven't found anywhere on LCI's website to download the latest version of software or found in any manual the process to do the update. Any ideas?
Flyboy369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #64

HVAC module

[QUOTE=Flyboy369;851574]
Quote:

I finally picked up my trailer a couple of days ago after a couple of attempts where I found issues before I left the lot. I called Lippert last week to ask about the HVAC issue. According to Lippert support, the new Dometic A/Cs have the control boards built into the A/C unit itself so the individual thermostats just act as a keypad essentially. These are not compatible with the older (not really that old) OneControl HVAC modules. He said LCI has just started (in the last month) OEM installations of a new OneControl HVAC module that is compatible with the newer Dometics. He said they are not selling them outside of the OEM channel for now until they can meet the OEM demand. He couldn't even give me a part number for the new modules.

On a separate note, my OneControl has the Unity x0 and Unity X1 modules. The X1 module has the bluetooth built in that allows me to control the system with my phone. So far, I haven't seen any modules that have an ethernet jack that I could plug in a router too? Do I have to buy the WiFi gateway to get that jack?

The software on my system is 3.0 and looks totally different than any of the LCI manuals. I found that I can get into the configurator menu system by touching the word "Home" on the home screen 5 times. In that menu system I can rename the slides, add components, etc. I still haven't found how to update the software on the system. I would assume there is a usb port on the back of the OneControl Touch Screen but I haven't found anywhere on LCI's website to download the latest version of software or found in any manual the process to do the update. Any ideas?

Hello, I'm new here.

I have been upgrading my Onecontrol system as well. I put in the tank monitor V2 and dimmable light controler. It came with the 3.0 auto level. I also got the dual zone HVAC controler, but i think like you my Coleman mach units just have the control wire. Next I am installing the 8 channel module for the slides and awnings. If you find out anything about the "New" HVAC module please pass it along.
jmbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #65

Was curious if somebody could be interested to integrate a system like Grafana in the project.

Could make a nice integrated monitoring system...

Some Grafana pictures...
Old 07-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #66

LCI 773741- LP Tank Sensor

I too have installed the LCI 773741 and now have access to my fresh/grey/black levels on my smartphone and in the RV. Has anyone connected this module to the LP tanks? I see it's wired for it but I cannot find any sensors to attach to my lp tanks. I wonder if this is a feature they put in but never manufactured the sensors for the LP tanks. I know there are other products for the LP tank levels but wanted to keep everything in one system.
Thanks!
RVCoupleUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #67

So I have started this endeavor as well. Our 19 Columbus came with the 5"screen and only the auto level controller. i have added the wifi gateway and LED controller. I have ordered the multifunction controller to find out that just because they have a canbus port it does not mean it will work with the onecontrol system. so I need to order the 5 function 344920 or the 8 function 344921.
Attached Thumbnails
panel.jpg   panel1.jpg   wifi.jpg   LED Controller.jpg  
AGFazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #68

Anyone know how to wire the generator into one control?
spannermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #69

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannermaster View Post

I've been trying to find out how to connect our generator to the Bmpro system....no luck so far!
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannermaster View Post

LCI has a generator control module. https://store.lci1.com/onecontrol-au...it-709940.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123977882926

There are connections for the generator and connections for HVAC and the canbus to connect it to one control.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
LCI has a generator control module. https://store.lci1.com/onecontrol-au...it-709940.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123977882926

There are connections for the generator and connections for HVAC and the canbus to connect it to one control.
I have the unity x2 module and it has the connections for the generator on it however I have no wiring diagram on how to connect to the generator.
spannermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
It’s been a while since there has been any movement on this project. I’ve not had much contact with the Lippert team since Brian passed away. It appears my new contact at Lippert isn’t as invested in my project as Brian was. At this point I am probably on my own to finish.

It’s too bad as I was supposed to be testing their new digital lighting module with virtual switch inputs and RGB controls. At this point to keep things moving forward, I’ll probably use some Lightify or Hue light strips for my porch light replacement.

I did make a HUGE DISCOVERY tonight. The OneControl gateway is running OpenHab, which is a home automation software package. I discovered this by checking the OneControl gateway logs and saw a lot of traffic from a specific IP. The really interesting part is most of my CAN modules have been automatically added and I’m able to control things. Missing are the Ground Control and Slide Out control which makes sense from a safety standpoint.

Attachment 49264

Before he passed, Brian teased that IDS (Lippert) was working to bring Home Automation technology to OneControl. I guess I finally stumbled upon what Brian was never able to tell me before he passed.

Anything special you had to do to get to the OpenHAB UI? I can ping my gateway at 192.168.1.1 but http://192.168.1.1:8000 and https://192.168.1.1:8443 both timeout.
elitexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #73

So I am back at adding modules to my OneControl. I have now added the 8 output slide controller. All works good so far. My next endeavor is to separate the Wi-Fi gateway and use my own router so I don't have to switch Wi-fi connections to operate anything in the RV. I tried a small travel router/access point but can't get it work. From what I've seen in another post is that I need to make my router 192.168.1.2 but I'm not that network savvy. They stated that the wifi gateway module is 192.168.1.1 and the router is 192.168.1.2. Once this is all sorted out the next step is make accessible from anywhere with the need for the cellular gateway as long as there is a wifi signal.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGFazio View Post
So I am back at adding modules to my OneControl. I have now added the 8 output slide controller. All works good so far. My next endeavor is to separate the Wi-Fi gateway and use my own router so I don't have to switch Wi-fi connections to operate anything in the RV. I tried a small travel router/access point but can't get it work. From what I've seen in another post is that I need to make my router 192.168.1.2 but I'm not that network savvy. They stated that the wifi gateway module is 192.168.1.1 and the router is 192.168.1.2. Once this is all sorted out the next step is make accessible from anywhere with the need for the cellular gateway as long as there is a wifi signal.
I use my own wifi router. You have to change the gateway ip from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2
One issue I run into is trying to use a different ssid then the onecontrol app won't setup correctly. So I just reused the ssid that starts with myrv_ on my own wireless router and it works fine.

I also have remote access to my trailer lights when away by using only the ONECONTROL CLOUD GATEWAY 711151. The only problem is that the cloud gateway costs more on its own then to buy the entire lippert anywhere connect kit that includes it so I bought the kit.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #75

Quote:
I use my own wifi router. You have to change the gateway ip from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2
One issue I run into is trying to use a different ssid then the onecontrol app won't setup correctly. So I just reused the ssid that starts with myrv_ on my own wireless router and it works fine.

I also have remote access to my trailer lights when away by using only the ONECONTROL CLOUD GATEWAY 711151. The only problem is that the cloud gateway costs more on its own then to buy the entire lippert anywhere connect kit that includes it so I bought the kit.
Do you also have internet access through that router, or is it still separate? I assume I need to setup as access point to get it to work?
Old 06-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #76

Yes I have internet access going through it. It is the only way the cloud gateway allows me to have remote access to everything.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:47 PM   #77

I am just getting into this. I want to install the HVAC/GENERATOR Geni module to my Coleman Mach. Do I just use the thermostat wires? Or run them all the way to the inside of ac and heater themselves? Anyone have success?
Mayfairkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #78

#Mayfairkid: I'm glad you bumped this thread back to life. I referenced it to build my entire OneControl system myself from modules from ebay and other cheaper than MSRP sources. I've been meaning to share some pics and offer to answer questions. As for you question, the way I handled hooking up my 2 A/Cs and furnace was to purchase short lengths (by the foot) of thermostat cable from the big box store and tie in at the thermostats. That was easier to access than running to the units on the roof. Take note that you'll need a temp sensor for each AC and need to have that exposed in the living space of your unit as well. Depending on the hole for the thermostat, you may be able to do like I did and have the sensor cover cover the hole. One of the pics below shows the round cover for the temp sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3561.jpg   IMG_3577.jpg   IMG_3578.jpg   IMG_3579.jpg   IMG_3580.jpg  

bushwack6597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #79

openHAB interface access

I saw earlier in this thread that several mentioned finding openHAB was running behind the scenes with OneControl. As others have, I've tried http and https with the 198.168.1.1 using various ports like 8080 and 8443 but can't get to the openHAB portal. Does anyone have any information on the exact the steps you took to access/connect to the openHAB interface?
bushwack6597 is offline   Reply With Quote