Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2023, 04:34 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems437 View Post
Got it. BMPro support responded and said to disconnect the trailer battery so that the node is power cycled. The touchscreen controller must be connected to the node cable when the node powers up for the touchscreen buttons to be recognized and work. That did the trick.

After power cycling the node with the new touchscreen controller connected, it powered right up, the buttons worked, the tablet paired, and the app recognized and controls everything.

It also gave me the option to create the cloud account. So I’m off and running!

Did you physically disconnect the battery cable? Or did you use the battery disconnect switch?
Old 06-30-2023, 04:45 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Did you physically disconnect the battery cable? Or did you use the battery disconnect switch?
I had to physically disconnect the battery cable. The battery disconnect switch does not cut power to the JayCommand/BMPro node. The JayCommand/BMPro node is wired to bypass the disconnect switch and receive battery power all the time.

Eddie
ems437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:57 AM   #243

Great information to know, thanks
Old 06-30-2023, 10:00 AM   #244

(quote)"I had to physically disconnect the battery cable. The battery disconnect switch does not cut power to the JayCommand/BMPro node. The JayCommand/BMPro node is wired to bypass the disconnect switch and receive battery power all the time."(quote)

Not trying to argue that point so please don't take this as that. I'm just sharing something I was told. Bought my Eagle 284BHOK a few weeks ago and noticed in the manual Jayco says the battery disconnect needs to be off when in travel mode. The reason is so there aren't any "unexpected" equipment movements like a slide opening going down the road. If the node has power regardless why do that then? Waste of time to flip the switch if that's the case.

Also, during the PDI I asked the tech how my 12 volt fridge would run if the disconnect was off? After looking at me like I was stupid he was surprised that the manual says that and told me to leave it on. He said the BMPro controller goes to sleep as soon as it sees any current on the brake circuit so the slides have no way to activate anyway.

I have disconnect switches on heavy equipment and they kill everything. Why would they put one on our campers that really don't? My camper is always plugged in so it doesn't matter but someone leaving theirs at a storage yard may have a dead battery in a week or two.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 01:24 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill777x View Post
(quote)
Not trying to argue that point so please don't take this as that. I'm just sharing something I was told. Bought my Eagle 284BHOK a few weeks ago and noticed in the manual Jayco says the battery disconnect needs to be off when in travel mode. The reason is so there aren't any "unexpected" equipment movements like a slide opening going down the road. If the node has power regardless why do that then? Waste of time to flip the switch if that's the case.

There is more than one source of power to the node...one for the controls and one to pass power to the slides etc. Turn off the battery switch and try it out.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:57 PM   #246

Lost wires for bmpro

I recently had issues with the tablet for the bmpro. After reading and trying everything i pulled it off the wall and disconnected the wires from the back and when I did WAM they disappeared. Ive tried every thing from the tablet end to find the wires. I can see in the whole by removing the back wall of my cabinet but there are so many wires I have no idea where they are. The only way I can operate my trailer is from my phone. Thank goodness for that. So my question is, where does the wire harness go. It was basically just a few wires with a connector if i remember correctly. HELP
Brentsbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:21 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentsbox View Post
I recently had issues with the tablet for the bmpro. After reading and trying everything i pulled it off the wall and disconnected the wires from the back and when I did WAM they disappeared. Ive tried every thing from the tablet end to find the wires. I can see in the whole by removing the back wall of my cabinet but there are so many wires I have no idea where they are. The only way I can operate my trailer is from my phone. Thank goodness for that. So my question is, where does the wire harness go. It was basically just a few wires with a connector if i remember correctly. HELP

My node is in the top of the tv cabinet right behind the wall where the display/controller is mounted in my trailer. So I can easily take a picture of it for you. I’ll run over and snap a picture of it for you tomorrow and post it so you can see what you’re looking for.
Old 07-01-2023, 01:44 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill777x View Post

Also, during the PDI I asked the tech how my 12 volt fridge would run if the disconnect was off? After looking at me like I was stupid he was surprised that the manual says that and told me to leave it on. He said the BMPro controller goes to sleep as soon as it sees any current on the brake circuit so the slides have no way to activate anyway.

I have disconnect switches on heavy equipment and they kill everything. Why would they put one on our campers that really don't? My camper is always plugged in so it doesn't matter but someone leaving theirs at a storage yard may have a dead battery in a week or two.
There are quite a few things in my trailer that bypass the battery disconnect switch as well, including the fridge. I think it has to do with things they have wired into the 12v side of the power center vs wired directly to the battery line. I have added my own disconnect switches to the battery and solar panels so I can truely cut 12v power, but the 12v tow line power is still straight through so that the trailer brakes and tow disconnect switch still work and it charges the battery when connected to the tow vehicle.

I guess in the end, you’ll need to test on your particular trailer to see what Jayco wired to the disconnect switch in your specific trailer.

But that is getting way outside of the scope of this discussion thread about swapping the display for a touchscreen controller, so I’ll quit rambling.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:32 AM   #249

Quote:

I did that once, but managed to slide my arm in the whole. The wire/connectors are not to far down in there
Old 07-02-2023, 09:47 PM   #250

Quote:

Hopefully this will help you find it. I have a 2023 25RB.

On my trailer, the controller is right around the corner from the node.

The node is in the cabinet above the TV behind a piece of wood panel that is held in there with one screw. Remove the screw and panel.

This is the cable you are looking for at the end that is plugged in to the node.

The RV-C / CANbus cable on mine is about three feet long and snakes through the side of the cabinet and down the wall to the hole where the display / controller is.

It just has a push tab on the end of it that release it so you can pull it off the connector on the back of the display or controller.

And here is a closeup of the connector that fell down your wall when you find it.

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2024, 07:40 AM   #251

I know this post is a few years old but I finally installed my 30amp MPPT. My issue is both Canbus ports are used on my BMPro controller. Thank you GobDeep for the detailed install. I have all the connectors. Nowhere to connect. Any ideas?
Old 03-23-2024, 07:49 AM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by armentaaw View Post
I know this post is a few years old but I finally installed my 30amp MPPT. My issue is both Canbus ports are used on my BMPro controller. Thank you GobDeep for the detailed install. I have all the connectors. Nowhere to connect. Any ideas?
You just tee it into the Can Bus RV-C line.

Can Hi to Can Hi, Can Lo to Can Lo.

Use the the one that goes to the jacks, should be top plug on node, not the one that goes to the Tablet.

Here is what my Solar controller looks like...you can tee it inside of trying to hook both wires in one pin.

Click For Full-Size Image.

B&W hitch
Old 03-23-2024, 11:28 AM   #253

You mean like a T-tap (splice) HI-HI, LOW-LOW? I think that is correct.

Each CAN-BUS device should have its own ID# on the communication network so that should work.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:50 PM   #254

Thank you, I will give this a try. Looks like a total of four wires. So I'm clear, two wires to the can hi of jack node and two to the can lo of jack node. Or is it one each to hi and lo and other two to the open pos and neg ports. Thanks gents.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:58 AM   #255

Quote:
Thank you, I will give this a try. Looks like a total of four wires. So I'm clear, two wires to the can hi of jack node and two to the can lo of jack node. Or is it one each to hi and lo and other two to the open pos and neg ports. Thanks gents.
No pos and neg for this device, it is self powered. The picture I have above just shows the wires being spiced in the jack itself, that is how the factory did it, that is why you see four wires. Two wires come in from the node and two go out to other devices.

You can do it another way...see below:

Two wires...one hi and one lo...connect them somehow to the other wires coming out of the node can bus.

B&W hitch
Old 03-25-2024, 07:26 AM   #256

Quote:

I don't know if this explanation will help or make it more confusion. But here goes. The RV-C/CANbus connector is a four wire connector. The data/signal pair requires two of the four wires. If the device also needs to be powered by the cable, the other two of four wires will be used for 12v positive and negative.

If the device you are connecting does not need to be powered by the JayCommand node, your connector will only have two of the four wire pins of the connector wired with the RV-C/Canbus data/signal.

For example, my controller/display is plugged in to the first JayCommand node power and has all four wires in it because the node sends both power and data/signal to the tablet on the wall through the cable. My Solar panel MPPT controller that is plugged in to the second port on my JayCommand node only has two pins wired in the connector because only needs the data/signal and it does not need to be powered by the JayCommand node.

You can splice in to either pair of the wires, or both pairs, to extend it where you need to.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:16 AM   #257

Thank you Learjet and ems437. You guys made it crystal clear. The last part of the project to finish the install. I'll let you all know how it went.
Old 03-31-2024, 10:36 AM   #258

Thank you all. Job complete

GobDeep, Learjet, EMS347 mission accomplished. Thank you all for the input and direction. Looks to be working as designed. Have a great Easter Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
d67fc65c-3ee2-4976-91a6-907442d45630.jpg   487072e6-1d0f-4b21-b4d3-5a9910c43d13.jpg  
Old 04-01-2024, 07:46 AM   #259

Excellent and thanks for the report.

FYI...I just discovered I have a dead solar panel, emailed Go Power to see if I can deal directly with them for warranty replacment...so far no response

B&W hitch
Old 04-02-2024, 02:26 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Excellent and thanks for the report.

FYI...I just discovered I have a dead solar panel, emailed Go Power to see if I can deal directly with them for warranty replacment...so far no response
I recommend contacting them directly through either phone call or the tech support link on their web site. I contacted them last year about problems with three of my panels that were under warranty. One that came with my Jayce and the other two I bought through Amazon. They responded within one business day each time I emailed or called them. They ended up replacing all three of my panels, under warranty, at no cost, shipping included. They were very responsive and easy to work with.

Tags
24bh, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand, tablet