Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2020, 02:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexstrom View Post
In our state it is illegal to have any liquid draining from a vehicle onto the roadway. And our state police do stop and cite for that offense. Just a FYI.
Good enough. I think you live in Oregon based on your sig. Next time I'm towing there I'll make sure it's raining, lol. It's just water.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #22

Mine is built into the tank on my Redhawk! I have same concerns as y’all do! Doesn’t look like a conversion is possible for me! I’m stuck with it!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #23

re: drain valve leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKABC View Post
My fresh water low drain valve drips constantly. Moving it back and forth doesn't seem to stop the leak, so I assume that it's just a bad valve.

I'll replace it - looking for more robust replacement suggestions? This thing looks like something I would have on my Yeti cooler (no offense to Yeti).

Thanks in advance!
Suspect that HANDLE POSITION could be your issue, as handle appears to be at a 45-deg in relation to pipe/ inlet, suspect should be at 90-deg (i.e. parallel to mounting panel); otherwise, believe (this brand) of valve requires replacement, (vs some brands can be disassembled and o-ring replaced?
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you! Here is the Home Depot tag/SKU number for you.

Hopefully these mod threads will make a small difference to someone in the future.
Thanks for the pic. I decided to go ahead and change the valve to one like you pictured. I could not find one at Lowes so I'm off to HD later today.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #25

I’m sure you could get it gold plated if draining your water tank needs to look nice.....
Kiwimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #26
Site Team

Easy peasy! 15 minute job once I found the valve. I relocated the bracket about 10 inches, right behind the spring hanger to keep it from being wiped off by a blown tire or road debris.
Attached Thumbnails
1D8462DB-BBA2-4EB7-9036-F72C549CDE99.jpg  
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 01-31-2020, 12:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Easy peasy! 15 minute job once I found the valve. I relocated the bracket about 10 inches, right behind the spring hanger to keep it from being wiped off by a blown tire or road debris.
Nice job!!! This is way better than that cheep plastic valve. I'm happy.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexstrom View Post
In our state it is illegal to have any liquid draining from a vehicle onto the roadway. And our state police do stop and cite for that offense. Just a FYI.
Understood if it’s grey or black water, but this is freshwater that’s coming out so slowly that at speed it vaporizes. If they are writing tickets for something that petty remind me to avoid that money starved system lol.

Great now I’m heading to Home Depot soon to get parts. These plastic drains are a disaster waiting to happen. One side note, with the hose threads I guess I could hook up a hose and water the flowers as I dump my tanks now!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Understood if it’s grey or black water, but this is freshwater that’s coming out so slowly that at speed it vaporizes. If they are writing tickets for something that petty remind me to avoid that money starved system lol.

Great now I’m heading to Home Depot soon to get parts. These plastic drains are a disaster waiting to happen. One side note, with the hose threads I guess I could hook up a hose and water the flowers as I dump my tanks now!
That's exactly what I was thinking! Sometimes when I drain my water system, it ends up making a big puddle at the end of my driveway right where a passenger would get into my parked vehicle. I always thought of it as a bit of an annoyance. But with this valve, I could route the water to the other side of the driveway and water my trees instead of the weeds that get PLENTY of water anyway!!

And I agree that WE know it's fresh water, but that person behind you doesn't know that. Nor does the LEO writing the ticket until after he's stopped you to investigate.

Don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of it before, but I understand why it would be a ticketable offense. I live in a largely agricultural community, so no telling what's leaking out of people's trailers...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking! Sometimes when I drain my water system, it ends up making a big puddle at the end of my driveway right where a passenger would get into my parked vehicle. I always thought of it as a bit of an annoyance. But with this valve, I could route the water to the other side of the driveway and water my trees instead of the weeds that get PLENTY of water anyway!!

And I agree that WE know it's fresh water, but that person behind you doesn't know that. Nor does the LEO writing the ticket until after he's stopped you to investigate.

Don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of it before, but I understand why it would be a ticketable offense. I live in a largely agricultural community, so no telling what's leaking out of people's trailers...
Lol, what if as he was telling me he wasn’t sure what it was and started to write a ticket I grabbed a handful and drank it. Either way if I was lying and it wasn’t fresh water my commitment to the lie would surely impress him?
Old 01-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #31
CAG

Ever followed a refrigerated semi? Constant water and don't get too close to a cattle hauler because you will not like what is coming out of them.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Ever followed a refrigerated semi? Constant water and don't get too close to a cattle hauler because you will not like what is coming out of them.
Try a cement truck around these parts. They drop a lot of water/antifreeze (assuming RV style) in the winter, and freeze up the roads nicely outside there yards.. Never see them stopped. Yes, it is illegal to dump fluids on the roads here too. On one cement yard is just down the street from a Police/Fire vehicle maintenance shop, and lots of cops come and go every day (fuel station too).

I do open and drain my tank, after dumping. Usually it is very low on water, as I pump a lot into my Black Water tank before dumping. I try to save a little FW to wash my hands after dumping. So when I open the valve, and usually it is empty or just about empty as I pull out of the CG.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Following a swine truck too close around here isn’t a good idea either. Sometimes a good amount of “fluids” exit the rear doors when they accelerate
Old 01-31-2020, 05:22 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
One side note, with the hose threads I guess I could hook up a hose and water the flowers as I dump my tanks now!
That is what sold me on it also. My rv is on a covered shed on a slab. Now when I want to empty the fresh tank, a short hose will keep the pad dry and the nearby plants watered.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 01-31-2020, 10:27 PM   #35

What is amazing to me is that when I first started this thread, I was certain that someone would have had this answer on short call. I tried Amazon, eTrailer, and some other websites with no luck. I just happened to stumble upon the valve at HD while I was looking for black pipe for my dual propane mod. I'm glad this has been of help!
MODS: Dual GC2 LiFePO4 System, BAL (4) Stabilizers, Hengs vent fan, Dual Propane conversion, Furrion FOSO7TASF Rear Camera, Digital Thermostat, See Level 709P3W1003 Tank Monitor System, 200w solar panels, other cool things.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #36

Quote:
What is amazing to me is that when I first started this thread, I was certain that someone would have had this answer on short call. I tried Amazon, eTrailer, and some other websites with no luck. I just happened to stumble upon the valve at HD while I was looking for black pipe for my dual propane mod. I'm glad this has been of help!
That’s why I love this site. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes and a team of modders to keep the idea train going. I’ve done a laundry list of mods for years on my campers and still see good ideas pop up here that make me go “huh, why didn’t I think of that?” we can’t all be in every site searching every forum and website blog but as a whole someone is bound to see or think of something cool!
Old 02-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #37

What about hooking up a pump to pump down the tank as well with these faucets. Just open your fresh infill so you don't implode the tank.[emoji848]
brwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:17 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarrior View Post
What about hooking up a pump to pump down the tank as well with these faucets. Just open your fresh infill so you don't implode the tank.[emoji848]
I open my fresh tank drain (still the OEM one), turn on the pump and then open the low point drains. I find that works fairly quick. Quicker than just the crappy OEM drain anyway...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #39
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I open my fresh tank drain (still the OEM one), turn on the pump and then open the low point drains. I find that works fairly quick. Quicker than just the crappy OEM drain anyway...

Yep, exactly what I do, drains down the fresh tank in no time!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I open them when I leave the dump station after camping so you don't want to be behind me going down the highway.
I've wondered about the etiquette of doing this. For some reason, I feel guilty doing so even though it's potable water and there is nothing to worry about.
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote