Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: If equipped, how often do you use your exterior shower?
Frequently 35 17.33%
Sometimes 49 24.26%
Hardly ever 55 27.23%
Never 45 22.28%
Never, and I wish my trailer didn't have an exterior shower. 18 8.91%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateboy View Post
So, it looks like the majority of people who chimed over the last seven days that this was posted use their shower. It looks like it's just used as everything but a full-fledged shower (using soap, shampoo, etc. Dogs don't count). Dumb or not, I'm glad it's there.
Why not the dog?������
TBrad9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #42

outside shower

many campgrounds do not let you use it. environmental
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #43

Exterior Shower

I have one of the portable sinks like pictured above. Use the shower and wash dishes outside.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #44

Great for washing the dog
Bakerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #45

Love ours, we would miss it if our Whitehawk didn't have it.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #46

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Have never ever used one on the Jayflights we have owned that have had one ...... until last summer, during a July Heat warning in Ontario, where Ontario Hydro shut down areas, and the Provincial Park we were at was i that area. When the hydro goes out, so do the public showers, as they work off those touch buttons on the wall, which i guess need hydro to function. By 9 that nite, no hydro, sweating all day, it was dark out, i said heck with it, got naked and took a shower. So now, i have stored away a camera tripod that i use to hold the shower nozzle, so it can be away from the RV, and can adjust the height! Taking showers in an RV is a no no with me ..... water n RV's don't mix!
Old 11-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #47

First trailer I have had with one. But have thought of what it could be used for and think it will be handy.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #48

I cook with a Dutch oven a lot it is a great place to wash cast iron ware
razzoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Have never ever used one on the Jayflights we have owned that have had one ...... until last summer, during a July Heat warning in Ontario, where Ontario Hydro shut down areas, and the Provincial Park we were at was i that area. When the hydro goes out, so do the public showers, as they work off those touch buttons on the wall, which i guess need hydro to function. By 9 that nite, no hydro, sweating all day, it was dark out, i said heck with it, got naked and took a shower. So now, i have stored away a camera tripod that i use to hold the shower nozzle, so it can be away from the RV, and can adjust the height! Taking showers in an RV is a no no with me ..... water n RV's don't mix!
Geez, where were you camping? We were PO'd to have a fire ban for the entire 2 weeks we were at Bonnechere, but not power outages. I haven't ever heard of that in Ontario!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #50

Outside shower

When camping at state parks with water but no dump at the campsite or boon docking. I use it to rinse dishes, clean up etc. It keeps the gray water tank from filling up so fast.
Rockslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #51

I also like having it as a means to prevent filling the grey tank when at a site without hookup. We have 2 fresh tanks which will fill the grey in a hurry. Nice to rinse kids and dogs in addition to shower outside.

Only bummer is the location on ours. They put it right above the sewer dump between all the hookups. It shares plumbing with the bathroom sink, but if it was with the kitchen. Sink it would be further forward away from everything. As it is now you are in the mix of water hose, sewer hookup directly below, electric cord, and cable/satellite hookup if you have it. I guess dry camping it would be less of an issue, but even with a Genny hooked up the cord is right there...
Calmseas6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #52

It's on the wrong side.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #53

We use ours a lot, not to "shower" though.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #54

We have the 32BHDS and the shower is in between the 2 slides.....so we bought a bamboo mat, and spring loaded shower rod and curtain, and viola, an extra shower! I also bought a holder for the shower head and mounted it to the outdoor of the camper for hands free operation and the shower head has the on/off slider on it so those of us military guys can take a military shower - water on get wet, water off, lather up, water on rinse so that we don't use up the hot water for the ladies using the real shower inside....lol. For the dog, I put a "Y" connector on the hose bib and stretch an extra hose around for her. So, ye, our outdoor shower is very handy, gives us an extra bathroom, kinda....lol.
Hnyctfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
many campgrounds do not let you use it. environmental
Where, I've never seen that on my travels.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnyctfam View Post
We have the 32BHDS and the shower is in between the 2 slides.....so we bought a bamboo mat, and spring loaded shower rod and curtain, and viola, an extra shower! I also bought a holder for the shower head and mounted it to the outdoor of the camper for hands free operation and the shower head has the on/off slider on it so those of us military guys can take a military shower - water on get wet, water off, lather up, water on rinse so that we don't use up the hot water for the ladies using the real shower inside....lol. For the dog, I put a "Y" connector on the hose bib and stretch an extra hose around for her. So, ye, our outdoor shower is very handy, gives us an extra bathroom, kinda....lol.
I too have the 32BHDS and rarely use the outside shower. I do use the sink in the outside kitchen for hand washing and dishes has it own 8 gallon tank.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Where, I've never seen that on my travels.
I also have never seen this and I live and Camp in California.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #58

We use our outdoor shower all the time...so much so, that I bought one of these enclosures. We mainly use it when we camp with beach access. We just don't want the kids or us tracking sand into the coach, so we just shower when we get back at the outdoor shower with one of those all in 1 soaps that's environmentally friendly. It's a 2fer to, because our bathing suits get clean as well!
Attached Thumbnails
61BwzE318BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg  
Old 11-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgale View Post
I too have the 32BHDS and rarely use the outside shower. I do use the sink in the outside kitchen for hand washing and dishes has it own 8 gallon tank.
Oh I definitely use that a lot as well - its great having a fridge that size - extremely handy and I can keep most of our grilling meats right there, plus the sink with hot water for hands washing, etc. I do hate that the sink runs into the black water tank, but that's a minor inconvenience. We use as much outside amenities as possible and just the indoor camping aspect of the camping for sleeping basically. We started off in tents, and miss parts of it, but man on those 90 degree 70% humidities its nice to climb into an airconditioned space....lol. Not to mention not having to pack up the entire house filling up the pick-up truck bed with accessories - its all already packed up in the camper!
Hnyctfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #60

We use ours all the time.

Granted, it is in the wet bay and is the best thing since sliced toast with butter.

If you have any dogs... and they visit a skunk someday.. you will appreciate this magical device... it is worth thousands of dollars more than it's cost - just to offer that versatility.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote