Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit

Looking at purchasing a Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit and was looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased and are using this unit. How do you like it? Pros and cons, etc.

I know it's kind of pricey, but it seems to come with a variety of cable hookup options which should make it easier for me to use. Please let me know what you think about THIS particular unit.

I know that Renogy has a similar 100w portable kit, but I think I'm leaning toward Go Power so would really like feedback on their package.

Thanks.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #2

I have a GoPower 120 suitcase model and have used it for three years with no problems. I really like the case it comes in for traveling. That being said the Renogy is much cheaper and works well. Buy what makes you happy.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
I have a GoPower 120 suitcase model and have used it for three years with no problems. I really like the case it comes in for traveling. That being said the Renogy is much cheaper and works well. Buy what makes you happy.
Thanks for your response. You mentioned the Renogy as well as the GoPower. Do you have both? If so, why did you purchase the GoPower?
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Looking at purchasing a Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit and was looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased and are using this unit. How do you like it? Pros and cons, etc.

I know it's kind of pricey, but it seems to come with a variety of cable hookup options which should make it easier for me to use. Please let me know what you think about THIS particular unit.

I know that Renogy has a similar 100w portable kit, but I think I'm leaning toward Go Power so would really like feedback on their package.

Thanks.
I have one, puts out about 6.7 amps under full sun. Mine has the digital controller and I like the sturdy case that it comes in. I ended up buying the extension cable to be able to keep it in the sun
Old 02-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
I have one, puts out about 6.7 amps under full sun. Mine has the digital controller and I like the sturdy case that it comes in. I ended up buying the extension cable to be able to keep it in the sun
Thanks for the response. How long have you had it? Any thing you don’t like about it?
Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #6

Plain and simple, I saw a big ad for GoPower and wasn't aware of Renogy at the time. Since then I bought the Renogy panels and mounted them on the roof. I am very pleased with them as they work constantly when the sun is shining. I am usually fully charged by the time I get to my next stop. When I set up camp if it is in a shady spot I hook up the GoPower and set it out in the sun and they all work good together.