Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #1

Grey Water Drain Blockage

Hi,

We have a 2017 White Hawk DSRL and intermittently the grey water drain is becoming blocked.

I've read some here and elsewhere that the factory schmucks have been known to leave tank cutouts in the tank and this has led to blockages and I'm afraid that's what this is as the camper has only been used a few times, and all the sinks have strainers so I'm sure nothing big has gone down them.

I want to tow it back to the dealer and let them deal with it, but we have it at an annual lease that's about a 3 hr drive one way. I'm hoping to limp along until the end of the season then take it back to them to repair.

We have the polar package otherwise I'd be better able to see where the plumbing is and access it myself. With the polar package I was wondering if anyone might be able to better recommend where I could access the plumbing to see if I can find the blockage myself.

Alternatively I've read some people having luck backflushing up the drain valve to clear a blockage. I'm thinking of trying this to get some temporary relief.

Any other thoughts? I'm sure its only the grey water as the black still flows great. The grey is intermittent, whereas it happened once, then not again the next two times, but the last time it was really slow.

Thanks in advance.
Ubelongoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #2

Go to Wally World and buy a Waterproof HD 5M/7mm Endoscope Lens Mini USB Inspection Camera with 6 LED Lights Borescope for Android Smartphone/PC/ for about $12.00 for your smart phone, tablet or lap top. Run the snake up the drain and have a look.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
Go to Wally World and buy a Waterproof HD 5M/7mm Endoscope Lens Mini USB Inspection Camera with 6 LED Lights Borescope for Android Smartphone/PC/ for about $12.00 for your smart phone, tablet or lap top. Run the snake up the drain and have a look.

I actually have one of these and I'm debating sending it up there. Once it goes up there, I don't think I want to use it for much else.

The more I thought about it, I think I'll put a gallon of bleach down the sinks with some hot water, put a gate on the outlet and open the grey and keep the black closed to let it back up the common section of the drain and do its thing, then drain it all out. After that it shouldn't be too contaminated and I'll give the camera a try.
Ubelongoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Everything can be cleaned and disinfected.............otherwise hospitals would be in big trouble.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #5

You could use a Clorox wipe to disinfect it after use.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubelongoutside View Post
Hi,

We have a 2017 White Hawk DSRL and intermittently the grey water drain is becoming blocked.

I've read some here and elsewhere that the factory schmucks have been known to leave tank cutouts in the tank and this has led to blockages and I'm afraid that's what this is as the camper has only been used a few times, and all the sinks have strainers so I'm sure nothing big has gone down them.

I want to tow it back to the dealer and let them deal with it, but we have it at an annual lease that's about a 3 hr drive one way. I'm hoping to limp along until the end of the season then take it back to them to repair.

We have the polar package otherwise I'd be better able to see where the plumbing is and access it myself. With the polar package I was wondering if anyone might be able to better recommend where I could access the plumbing to see if I can find the blockage myself.

Alternatively I've read some people having luck backflushing up the drain valve to clear a blockage. I'm thinking of trying this to get some temporary relief.

Any other thoughts? I'm sure its only the grey water as the black still flows great. The grey is intermittent, whereas it happened once, then not again the next two times, but the last time it was really slow.

Thanks in advance.
We sent in our 2016 with this complaint. Ours sometimes goes like gangbusters then :screech: it's a trickle. They couldn't really recreate it, I couldn't get my endoscope in it. (Unlike the hospitals mine doesn't have a distal tip.)

I am kind of OK with not fixing it. Their only repair would be to cut open the side, look at it then try and patch the side. Just another worry I could do without.