Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #1

New to Jayco; new to b/u camera

Want to find out what others have done to install (non-Furrion) back up cameras on similar PREWIRED Jayco units

Ours - 2018 Eagle HT 5'er 27.5'

I want to install in same place as prewire; have others removed the factory installed fixture or just left it in place?

Thanks.

And on a side note; was a Keystone Montana 3400 owner and participated on their forum as well. EVERY RV make and model has issues and happy/unhappy owners!! We should all remember that with every purchase and post
simbriaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #2

Welcome aboard.

All these rigs use the same components. I'm confident, if you find the wire harness, document what is there, you can go online and find many options. Might start off with your TV manufacturer, and see if there is one compatible with their system.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbriaco View Post
Want to find out what others have done to install (non-Furrion) back up cameras on similar PREWIRED Jayco units

Ours - 2018 Eagle HT 5'er 27.5'

I want to install in same place as prewire; have others removed the factory installed fixture or just left it in place?

Thanks.

And on a side note; was a Keystone Montana 3400 owner and participated on their forum as well. EVERY RV make and model has issues and happy/unhappy owners!! We should all remember that with every purchase and post
Depending on what you’re wanting to put there, other brands (I think halo) have brackets that will mount into it. The Furrion location, but if not, I’ve see people pull those off, and then mount the new one up, just make sure to use butyl tape behind it, and run a bead of osi quad sealant on top edge and on both sides, but not bottom, and that should protect any water from getting in.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote