Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2022, 08:44 PM   #1

Wink Obstinate Spray Port

I have a spray port that I just can't get the hose to connect. Couldn't push it in with all my might. I turned off the water, bled the pressure, sprayed it with some lubricant, and finally I could push it in with a large punch. I hooked the hose up, turned on the water, sprayed off my steps and unhooked it. Then the same deal, wouldn't go back in. The one on the other side of the trailer works just fine. Anyone else encounter such a deal? T.I.A.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #2

I have the same issue. Haven't tried depressurizing it yet. Good idea.
I just assumed it was a bad connection port and was going to have the dealer look at it when I take it in for some other warrantee work.
2022-north-point.
pc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:32 PM   #3

[QUOTE=pc55;1067403]I have the same issue. Haven't tried depressurizing it yet. Good idea.
I just assumed it was a bad connection port and was going to have the dealer look at it when I take it in for some other warrantee work.
2022-north-point
i'll be having the dealer poke and prod it here soon, in case the action on it is at fault. The pressure seems to be the key though.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:35 AM   #4

Same with ours. My friend visiting, he has a similar Pinnacle, took a small screwdriver and punched it. Seems to have fixed it. I had forgotten about it, will try again today.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #5

Same on my 2020 pinnacle, excessive force is needed to connect the hose on both QC connections. Hasn't been high priority on my to do list. I thought about putting a different QC fitting on them.

When someone comes up with a good fix please post, not comfortable with jamming a screwdriver in there!
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:51 PM   #6

I agree. I'm not ready to try a screwdriver. Ive leaned my 300 lbs of human leverage against it with a hose connect and it didn't budge. I'm envisioning punching a hole in something with a screwdriver and then having a repair before I can camp with it.
Let us know if anyone figures out a fix.
pc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc55 View Post
I agree. I'm not ready to try a screwdriver. Ive leaned my 300 lbs of human leverage against it with a hose connect and it didn't budge. I'm envisioning punching a hole in something with a screwdriver and then having a repair before I can camp with it.
Really. I can just see breaking it and having a gusher.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Same on my 2020 pinnacle, excessive force is needed to connect the hose on both QC connections. Hasn't been high priority on my to do list. I thought about putting a different QC fitting on them.

When someone comes up with a good fix please post, not comfortable with jamming a screwdriver in there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
Really. I can just see breaking it and having a gusher.
Really!! This was not a hammer and chisel operation folks. I believe it was pressure that kept it closed, and neither I nor my friend could manage to push the connector in to open it. We used a smaller screwdriver that allowed us to concentrate the pressure in one spot. At soon as we did this, it opened and splashed me with original factory antifreeze from over a year ago. I went back to the camper and port in question after my last post here, and it works fine. It still takes a bit more pressure than the one in the wet bay, or I should say, maybe not as user friendly based on their design.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Really!! This was not a hammer and chisel operation folks. I believe it was pressure that kept it closed, and neither I nor my friend could manage to push the connector in to open it. We used a smaller screwdriver that allowed us to concentrate the pressure in one spot. At soon as we did this, it opened and splashed me with original factory antifreeze from over a year ago. I went back to the camper and port in question after my last post here, and it works fine. It still takes a bit more pressure than the one in the wet bay, or I should say, maybe not as user friendly based on their design.

Must be a different issue. I went out yesterday with a small Phillips screwdriver and pressed on the brass spring loaded check valve on both QC fittings. I can push the check valves off of their seat fairly easily. No pressure was present as it's not in use. Made no difference, still needs way too much force to connect the hose fitting. I might disassemble one today and see if something can be done.
TS3 Hitch
Old 08-16-2022, 05:14 AM   #10

I have this port on my to do list for the dealer to look at when we take it up for warranty service this fall. At the time I couldn't get it to work at all, so it will be interesting to see what he says.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:59 AM   #11

Super Lube

Just did a disassembly. Surprised by the small hole for water in the faucet to the QC fitting!

Spring force wasn't really excessive, but the O-ring seal was very draggy. I applied some Super Lube synthetic food grade grease which made it work way better. Super Lube is good stuff, lots of uses. Being dielectric it can be used on electrical connections also. I haven't tried the QC fitting under pressure yet but I think it's gonna be OK.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220816_080811.jpg   IMG_20220816_082612.jpg  
TS3 Hitch
Old 08-16-2022, 07:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Just did a disassembly. Surprised by the small hole for water in the faucet to the QC fitting!

Spring force wasn't really excessive, but the O-ring seal was very draggy. I applied some Super Lube synthetic food grade grease which made it work way better. Super Lube is good stuff, lots of uses. Being dielectric it can be used on electrical connections also. I haven't tried the QC fitting under pressure yet but I think it's gonna be OK.
Great, can I spray it to the seal without disassembly? Thanks for the investigative work
Old 08-16-2022, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Great, can I spray it to the seal without disassembly? Thanks for the investigative work
The o ring is easy to see, no dissasembly needed. A dab on a q-tip would do and a little on the male end. You might want to choose a food grade lube. Vaseline may work but I'm not sure of the o-ring's long term tolerance of petroleum products.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:41 AM   #14

Quote:
The o ring is easy to see, no dissasembly needed. A dab on a q-tip would do and a little on the male end. You might want to choose a food grade lube. Vaseline may work but I'm not sure of the o-ring's long term tolerance of petroleum products.
Great, thank You
Old 08-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #15

Those spray ports take a while to "break in". I initially tried to connect to it when there was pressure on it. That was a futile effort. Then I used the phillips screwdriver to push it in several times while spraying it with WD-40. It's fully "broke in" and works great.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #16

I fixed mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
I have a spray port that I just can't get the hose to connect. Couldn't push it in with all my might. I turned off the water, bled the pressure, sprayed it with some lubricant, and finally I could push it in with a large punch. I hooked the hose up, turned on the water, sprayed off my steps and unhooked it. Then the same deal, wouldn't go back in. The one on the other side of the trailer works just fine. Anyone else encounter such a deal? T.I.A.
I fixed mine several years ago. Just about every one I've seen has the same issue.

Emery paper (wet). Polish off the male end- doesn't take much, it's just a little tight. No grease needed, although o-ring lube is a good idea for just about any o-ring.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Those spray ports take a while to "break in". I initially tried to connect to it when there was pressure on it. That was a futile effort. Then I used the phillips screwdriver to push it in several times while spraying it with WD-40. It's fully "broke in" and works great.
X2, same here.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:02 PM   #18

We have 2 spray ports (one on each side of the camper). Our hose fits great on one, won’t fit at all on the other. I think the quick-connect on the one that won’t fit is the wrong size, but haven’t taken the time to deal with it. Someday, will have our dealer check it out!
Old 08-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #19

OK, for the uninformed such as myself, what is a spray port? Sorry to be so obtuse, but I'm on my 5th RV and never heard the term. Thanks for your patience. Drive safe.
Cookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #20
Site Team

It's a quick connect for a (usually) coiled hose with a spray nozzle. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-E...a-605805207774

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote