Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #21

Micro Air Easy Start.

Is a great product. It's an electronic module that connects to your ac unit with four wires. You can install it yourself.
It "learns" how your ac ramps up and then controls the start up...making the load on the ac much lighter. You can even use it to run your ac unit on a 2,kw portable generator!
I installed it myself with no knowledge of ac. They have diagrams for almost all ac makes.
I highly recommend the product!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #22

gpeade, IF.......You are handy you can remove the T-stat cover and jump the two wires. It is only DC voltage either 12 or 24 vdc. If the AC comes on it is probably the T-stat. I put a second AC unit in the bedroom and purchased an AC ONLY analog T-stat from the nearest RV dealer (Albany RV) for $53 I was in a hurry and did not want to wait for shipping. You can go the digital route and buy either online. Amazon, Ebay, etc. Being 8 yrs. old you could check the capacitor IF you know what you are doing. I won't confuse you but just check YouTube and you will see plenty of how to do videos. Make sure you have a GOOD multi-meter and class O rubber gloves. to do the test. Pretty simple actually. Also, Usually if the capacitor is going bad, You will either hear it hum before the compressor starts or trip the breaker. If you want to get real fancy, Buy a "soft start" unit online. It drops the starting amperage way down, making it easier to use a generator if you are boondocking etc. I installed them on both of my AC units. Plus you eliminate the original capacitor. I can actually run both AC units off of one 4000 watt generator together! Hope I didn't get you saying WTH. ..lol
Old 07-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #23

One thing I’ve noticed on my AC if rig sits unused for a spell I get a cheesey smell from it for a few hours! Yuck!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #24

re-t-stat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
I've noticed on mine that if I turn it off and then back on (assuming it was on for a min or more when I turned it off, turning it off to run microwave or something else high amperage) it does not turn on immediately. Perhaps up to 1-2 minutes and it will come back on. Not sure if its the start capacitors charging or something else. I think my last RV did the same thing, but both ACs in the current unit do it.

When you turn yours on, was it off and you turned it on? If you turn it on and leave it, does the AC start in a minute or two?
Most RV t-stats have built in 2-3-minute time delay (and label to that effect), to prevent compressor trying to start UNDER LOAD after (someone/ anyone/ or power flicker) cycled ON/OFF/ON. Starting under load usually kicks out auto-reset overloads, but repeated tripping them can burn them out... thus the preventive measure. HOPE this helps.
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote