Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
LVChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Henderson
Posts: 28
Sewer problems

I have a 2106 Jayco x213. Our last trip was a bit of a disaster, site was small, I got taken to hospital, and my Sewer connection had problems.

Let's talk sewer connection. I've had the TT out 4 times, never had any problems. I always used one 10ft. section of hose. I have the Camco RhinoFLEX 20ft RV Sewer Hose Kit, Includes Swivel Fitting Translucent Elbow 4-In-1 Dump Station Fitting that I ordered from amazon based on good reviews. This time I had to use both sections AND the sewer connection was HIGHER than my TT. In order to dump my tanks I had to raise my TT up using the front jack and then open the tanks. It was higher, but not by much. When I opened the valve, I noticed a couple of drips coming from the fitting where the tube connected. I stopped it retightened all connections and tried again...still a small drip. So I opened the valve slowly and when it started dripping I pushed it closed a little and just let the tank empty slowly, seemed to work. Took forever.

So here's the question. I am new and perhaps I bought junk and should just buy a great sewer connection hose. if that's the case which should I buy and why?

Or was the hose leaking because I couldn't get enough gravity on the dump and it was just backing up?

TIA
__________________

__________________
Chris and Alicia
"Swella"
2016 Jayco X213
Las Vegas, NV
LVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,040
Bought my sewer hose at Wall Mart 2005 on my second fiver!Maybe just a bad black tank valve?Pretty easy to replace! Thanks
__________________

bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
LVChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Henderson
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Bought my sewer hose at Wall Mart 2005 on my second fiver!Maybe just a bad black tank valve?Pretty easy to replace! Thanks
Thanks It leaked on either black or grey and came from where the actual hose part connected to the plastic fitting.
__________________
Chris and Alicia
"Swella"
2016 Jayco X213
Las Vegas, NV
LVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,691
The gaskets on those hoses are replaceable; you can find them just about anywhere including Wally World and Tractor Supply. I had to replace one a while back, so I bought extra that I keep around just in case.
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE (Sold)
-2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73 (Sold)
-Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503) (For Sale)
-Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,361
I have the RhinoFlex sewer hoses etc. and have been pleased with them EXCEPT for the swivel elbow - that part leaked from almost day one. I stopped using it and bought a straight, clear connection that has worked fine.

I think your sewer problem was that gravity was against you on that dump, not your sewer hose choice. Also, you may have a problem in the future if you didn't have a good flow out of your black tank; there could be a build up of solids left in the black tank or sewer line near the dump valve.

As Camper_Bob said, you can replace the gaskets. After over 3 years a couple of fittings started to leak so I replaced mine.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Nights Camped: 102 '15, 90 '16, 80 '17, 161 '18 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
LVChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Henderson
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I have the RhinoFlex sewer hoses etc. and have been pleased with them EXCEPT for the swivel elbow - that part leaked from almost day one. I stopped using it and bought a straight, clear connection that has worked fine.

I think your sewer problem was that gravity was against you on that dump, not your sewer hose choice. Also, you may have a problem in the future if you didn't have a good flow out of your black tank; there could be a build up of solids left in the black tank or sewer line near the dump valve.

As Camper_Bob said, you can replace the gaskets. After over 3 years a couple of fittings started to leak so I replaced mine.
I also bought a clear angled connection. The leak is from the clear connection where it connects to the hose. I have only used it 4 times and it's only two months old. Do you think the gasket needs replaced already?

Thanks
__________________
Chris and Alicia
"Swella"
2016 Jayco X213
Las Vegas, NV
LVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVChris View Post
I also bought a clear angled connection. The leak is from the clear connection where it connects to the hose. I have only used it 4 times and it's only two months old. Do you think the gasket needs replaced already?

Thanks
It seems yours is not the swivel elbow so, IMO, yes; either the gasket is bad, not seated correctly, or some debris is preventing a good seal. So, if you cannot get the whole elbow replaced under warranty and have to mess (pun intended ) with it, replace the seals.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Nights Camped: 102 '15, 90 '16, 80 '17, 161 '18 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
It seems yours is not the swivel elbow so, IMO, yes; either the gasket is bad, not seated correctly, or some debris is preventing a good seal. So, if you cannot get the whole elbow replaced under warranty and have to mess (pun intended ) with it, replace the seals.
Agreed.

Those gaskets are cheap. If it fixes the leak, fine. If not, at least you've eliminated one possibility, and it didn't cost much. Like I said, don't get just one set...
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE (Sold)
-2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73 (Sold)
-Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503) (For Sale)
-Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Marcm157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Newburgh
Posts: 2,451
I carry spare gaskets in my "sewer tote" I have the Rhino Flex as well and have been using it for 3 seasons now without so much as a drip. I replaced the gaskets at the beginning of this season proactively. I do use a silicone o ring grease occasionally as well.
__________________
_______________________________________________
2016 Ford F250 Supercab - 6.2 - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch
2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - (Reluctantly sold and deeply missed)
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,709
The RhinoFlex hoses need "tightened" occasionally as well. Loosen the black ring at the connection and turn the hose clockwise to tighten to fully seat against the inside connection, then tighten the black ring. You'll see it written on the black ring which way to loosen/tighten.
__________________

__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2017 Ford F-250 FX4 Crew STX 6.2l
3.73 E-locker
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sewer hose

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.