Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

Headlight adjustment

What do you guys do as far as adjusting your headlights during towing your 5th wheel and not towing it. Is there a happy medium you adjust them too or what. I doubt anyone readjusts them every time they hitch up. My truck probably drops a few inches when loaded. I had a lot of drivers flashing their headlights at me when towing the 5th wheel tonight. Never had any issues when nothing is hooked to it. So is there a secret?

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
What do you guys do as far as adjusting your headlights during towing your 5th wheel and not towing it. Is there a happy medium you adjust them too or what. I doubt anyone readjusts them every time they hitch up. My truck probably drops a few inches when loaded. I had a lot of drivers flashing their headlights at me when towing the 5th wheel tonight. Never had any issues when nothing is hooked to it. So is there a secret?
Air bags or helper springs in the rear lol, if its dropping that much I think that's where I would start. Now if its not squatting that much, your head lights may just be aimed too high to begin with. Definitely not preferable to try and aim headlights all the time, can be a nuisance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #3

I was thinking today. With the the front and rear tool boxes that was added to the truck and full tank of fuel, probably would make sense to have the headlights checked & adjusted as it sits now. Might just make enough difference to solve the problem. The truck isn't a squatter even with the 5th attached and the trailer sits nice and level so not necessary to change anything in that respect.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #4

Yep, sounds like hey might be too high to start with. I keep mine adjusted so when towing they are ok. That means when not towing they are a little low.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote