Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2021, 11:09 AM   #21

This is what the chip shortage is causing...

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/08...t-airport-lot/
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #22

If only car rentals had some foresight. Last year they were bailing cars trying to not go bankrupt as no one was renting. If they could have found enough cash to hold on to them for 9-12 months they would have made a killing selling all the inventory.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #23

I thought about trading my 14 Jeep with a v6 for a new truck. Until I found out they were unavailable. Happened to visit a Jeep dealer who had the Jeep Grand Cherokee L model in stock. Not the color but all the bells and whistles. But no V-8 in stock. Shopped around and the Jeep Dealer in Roanoke, IL suggested I order one. Gave me a great deal on my 14 and I will drive it till the new one shows up. Price on trade and new one are fixed so I am happily motoring and waiting. Nothing off MSRP but a really nice amount in trade.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #24

Do you get the family first discount?

I do. Father retired after 25 yrs with GM in Detroit. I am waiting until December or January.

KG
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
If only car rentals had some foresight. Last year they were bailing cars trying to not go bankrupt as no one was renting. If they could have found enough cash to hold on to them for 9-12 months they would have made a killing selling all the inventory.
Only true "off road vehicle" is a rental car!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #26
Site Team

I used some idle cash to pay off my truck loan today. Wheeee, we are debt free......... for now!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
This is what the chip shortage is causing...

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/08...t-airport-lot/
Great article. Got me to thinking. Are these truck vin# 2021 or 2022? If 2021 and 2022 right around the corner will the factory delay the release of the 2022’s or offer the dealers some great incentives on the 2021’s ? I guess it hinges on chip availability.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I used some idle cash to pay off my truck loan today. Wheeee, we are debt free......... for now!

That’s a good feeling isn’t it…..for now.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Now you have more money for more toys.... congrats
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:05 AM   #30

I have been looking for a new truck for the last six months. I literally looked across the nation for what I was looking for in a truck several times. Could not find one that met my criteria. Several were close but not close enough. This may be my last truck purchase so not settling for at least not much less than I want. No one is really dealing below MSRP. So I decided I would order one and get what I really want. Again after calling several local and several other dealers far away I found one I was willing to do business with due to their pricing on an ordered vehicle and it was 10% below MSRP plus any incentives that might crop up during the delivery period (an unknown until that time). In any case after I received the build sheet to sign off on there were several lines of verbage that I was not great with such as a non refundable deposit that pretty much short of damage would be a loss to me if I didn't like the vehicle or it was not what I expected. As well as a couple other pure profit making items. (I am not against a business making profit at all but I do get concerned when it is not brought up in a forthright manner and had I not read the contract carefully I would have been quite surprised and unhappy at closing, end of the world no but nonetheless now the good deal is not nearly as good) While I was struggling with that I got an email from a local dealer who I had contacted previously stating they were giving 10% off MSRP on ordered vehicles. So I gave them a call, went and talked to them got a price which I am good with and does not have any of the aforementioned shenanigan's in the deal and put down my totally refundable deposit and am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 2022 truck albeit it will be late November to sometime in December for it to arrive.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
Do you get the family first discount?

I do. Father retired after 25 yrs with GM in Detroit. I am waiting until December or January.

KG
My neighbour is a GM retiree and was told that at the moment there are no discounts for GM employees or retirees here in Canada with the shortage of vehicles
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #32

Just the other day I read an article that said the same thing about employee/family discounts. I cant remember for sure but I think it stated that was the case with GM, Ford and FCA but again not sure on that part.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I thought about trading my 14 Jeep with a v6 for a new truck. Until I found out they were unavailable. Happened to visit a Jeep dealer who had the Jeep Grand Cherokee L model in stock. Not the color but all the bells and whistles. But no V-8 in stock. Shopped around and the Jeep Dealer in Roanoke, IL suggested I order one. Gave me a great deal on my 14 and I will drive it till the new one shows up. Price on trade and new one are fixed so I am happily motoring and waiting. Nothing off MSRP but a really nice amount in trade.
Congrats. I will be very interested to hear your feedback on the L version.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #34
SWF

Went truck shopping Aug 7 with no intent or hope of finding what I wanted. Drove away with a 2021 Ford F150 V6 Powerboost Hybrid. Got top dollar for trade truck and $5,000 rebate. No further discounts but I was extremely happy with deal and amazed at how awesome this truck is. 24 MPG across the board (so the sticker says) Can't wait to get it hooked up for the next long distance trip to find out what it will really do.
Anything will be better than the 5.7L V8 gas guzzler 2016 Tundra I traded in.
I know I got lucky that they had just gotten a load of trucks in. Other dealers all had the 2.7 engine, no thanks.
SWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #35

Dealer called once. I said give me fair price we can talk, have not heard from him since but we now have RVs on lots in canada
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Found New F-150 truck at my local Ford dealer ( F-150 Platinum 4x4 crew cab V-8 engine) . I had been looking for a New truck for a while. Sales Mgr. finally came out on lot and ask me if he could help me. I sad yes how much was this truck ? He said I would not be Happy with this truck because it had a V-8 engine, I told him I wanted a V-8 . He told me I needed a V-6 ECOBOOST engine if I was going to be Happy . I told him I only drive V-8 engines . He would Not give me a Price on the truck because he did not want me to be Un-Happy . I told He was Crazy don’t worry about my Happiness. And I went and bought me a New RAM a truck with a V- 8 HEMI engine and could not be Happier……..
Ha! Same story with my trailer, just plug in 16' and 17' instead of V8 and EB. Got a super deal on a 16XRB, custom appointed, from dealer down the street from the factory. Terrytown gave me excellent service, but their salesman lost of customer because he wanted me to buy what he wanted to sell. Not going to happen. We have never seen a trailer we would rather have than our wonderful little hybrid.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Found New F-150 truck at my local Ford dealer ( F-150 Platinum 4x4 crew cab V-8 engine) . I had been looking for a New truck for a while. Sales Mgr. finally came out on lot and ask me if he could help me. I sad yes how much was this truck ? He said I would not be Happy with this truck because it had a V-8 engine, I told him I wanted a V-8 . He told me I needed a V-6 ECOBOOST engine if I was going to be Happy . I told him I only drive V-8 engines . He would Not give me a Price on the truck because he did not want me to be Un-Happy . I told He was Crazy don’t worry about my Happiness. And I went and bought me a New RAM a truck with a V- 8 HEMI engine and could not be Happier……..
Gotta be honest though, certainly not saying you wouldn't be happy with the 5.0, but if your primary use is towing, the 3.5 EB would've been the better performer. I know it's hard to wrap our heads around the concept of V6s and I4s doing what only a V8s used to be preferred for, but the reality is with technology and forced induction, you get A LOT more out of a smaller package. And after the first couple of renditions has proven to dependable and reliable as well. Now, apply the same technology and turbos to the V8, and now your cooking
Old 08-21-2021, 09:54 PM   #38

My 2019 3.5 Ecoboost would only get 6.0 to 6.5 mpg towing 5,000 race car trailer. Dealer Service Manager said this was the MPG I should expect. So I traded it for a 2020 Greyhawk 31 fs , now I get 8.5 to 9.2 when towing it at 65 mph. So my opinion is you can keep your V-6 Ecoboost, my 6.8 V-10 gets better mpg and is a lot more comfortable to tow with. And the Greyhawk had a 4.56 rear gear ratio.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #39

I had been doing an online build of a new 3500HD Duramax DRW for nearly 6 months as I was looking to upgrade from a 2500HD Duramax SRW. After doing the build, I would check the inventory on the web site which used the options I had selected in my build. Nothing was ever close - 500, 800 and plus miles away. Main thing was a lack of the color I wanted. Thought I was going to have to settle for a color other than what I wanted. Then in March as I was checking the inventory, I saw that a truck with 22 of 27 items I wanted on it was in transit to a dealer 19 miles away. Best thing besides being so close it was in the specific color I wanted.

Called them and truck had not arrived, but they told me I would have right of first refusal. It arrived about 5 days later and put a deposit on it on that Friday before it was serviced sight unseen. Brought home on Monday, so DW could look at it (Covid). Went back to dealership and was able to make deal (not necessarily the best possible, but I was pleased) for an out the door price I felt was good for me. I did feel that they low balled me on my truck a grand or two, but this was a truck I wanted and got it out the door for what I wanted.

As they didn't have any other 3500HD Duramax DRW on the lot, I did ask how they came by this one. Supposedly it had been earmarked for the canceled Chicago Auto Show. Fortunately for me I had spotted it when it was in transit, as I am sure there were others waiting to jump on the truck if I hadn't taken it.

Follow up note - the buyer of my trade-in called the dealer to get my phone number. I called them and they wanted to thank me for taking such good care of their new forever truck. They had been looking for this truck for awhile and were about 90 miles away from the dealership when they saw it.

Don't know what they actually paid for it, but I know the dealer listed it about 5-6 grand more than what they gave me on trade-in. I understand they do have to make some money or they wouldn't be in business. I wasn't in position at the time to try to sell it myself. I'm Ok with it though and happy with my new truck.

Be safe out there -
Old 08-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #40

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
My 2019 3.5 Ecoboost would only get 6.0 to 6.5 mpg towing 5,000 race car trailer. Dealer Service Manager said this was the MPG I should expect. So I traded it for a 2020 Greyhawk 31 fs , now I get 8.5 to 9.2 when towing it at 65 mph. So my opinion is you can keep your V-6 Ecoboost, my 6.8 V-10 gets better mpg and is a lot more comfortable to tow with. And the Greyhawk had a 4.56 rear gear ratio.
I was referring to performance while towing, that's why I said I wouldn't say you wouldn't be happy with V8... And yes, I've seen reports all over the map for mpg while towing, but I've also seen reports all over for unloaded as well.