Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2021, 10:53 AM   #1

awning help top bracket

I noticed the bracket on top of my 07 23B is broken. Any tips or vids on how to replace. ( I have searched ) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	70480

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	70481

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	70482
02bluezr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #2

Unless you just tightened down the screws, it looks like it's been that way for a long time. Not sure if it's sold separate since it is riveted to the arm assembly.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:07 AM   #3

I have never seen an awning bracket like that, I would contact the awning mfgr for replacement parts. In any case, the section that broke doesn't appear to be weight bearing anyway, and it looks to me like the cracks were caused because the lag bolts were tightened too much. As long as the lag bolts are good though, I wouldn't worry with it but I would keep an eye out on it for any changes. ~CA
Old 04-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #4

I would compare it to the bracket at the other end to see if it has shifted. Looking closely at the pictures, I agree it has been this way for a while since the bent top has been caulked in that position. OTOH, it looks like there might be crack opening under the bracket where the lags go into the roof. That might indicate some water damage, and perhaps the bracket is shifting as they give way. It does look like the bottom of bracket may have slipped from under the drip edge based on apparent marking on the side wall.

If the area appears soft at all, or the bracket moves when pulled on, then some repairs are probably needed before replacing the bracket.

Looking at the fraying on the edge of the awning itself, it appears that the material may need replacement soon as well. Perhaps consider just buying a new awning with all the hardware?
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #5

That doesn't seem to be a bracket for that tt. What say ya'll????
If the cracked bent part were to be straightened out I don't think it would work for that tt.
JMHO
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB12 View Post
That doesn't seem to be a bracket for that tt. What say ya'll????
If the cracked bent part were to be straightened out I don't think it would work for that tt.
JMHO
PaulB12
It may well be an aftermarket/post production add on awning. It does appear to be a type of universal bracket, or maybe that is how they were made in '07. Our '11 does not have a top bracket at all, the Carefree awning just lags into the side of the TT top and bottom and buts up to the drip rail. BUT it was put on at the factory, and there are backers in place for it. If adding post-sales you don't know if/where the backers are so hanging from the roof edge probably makes sense.

Note that Jayco uses the same wall framing regardless of the options installed, so if there are backers for a factory awning, they will be there on a model without an awning. If this is an aftermarket addition, then looking at another '07 with a factory awning can help locate where to attach.

ETA: Looks like it may be factory for 2007. Here is a video from Haylett for a used '07 with the same bracket on the awning. Different style of awning from '11. That means there probably are not backers in place for a wall mount option.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote