Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2023, 05:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE78 View Post
When we picked up our 2018 X17Z the guy who gave us the walk though told us when its windy or raining we need to retract the awing. I'm a fan of hanging out under the awing, having a few beers during the rain as long as its not raining sideways so how much rain and wind is too much? We also use the awning to keep things dry when it rains so I don't really want to have to retract it each time it starts raining.
If it is tilted so water will not pool up, no problem leaving it out in the rain(maybe not a huge thunderstorm), wind is the killer. I have a 2018 too, we love it!
netlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie85 View Post
I have a 2012 X23B and not figure out how to adjust the awning for rain. I push the buttons but the arms do not move. Do you need to retract the awning a little before adjusting?
I have a 2021 x17z and tilt the awning by pulling down on one of the support arms, at the hinge in the middle. But I don't know whether they used the same design on the 2012 models.
2021 Jayco X17Z
Arnold R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 05:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie85 View Post
I have a 2012 X23B and not figure out how to adjust the awning for rain. I push the buttons but the arms do not move. Do you need to retract the awning a little before adjusting?
We rarely use our awning and only if we are under it. To hold a finger on a swatch is so easy compared to replacing an awning and related damage. But to adjust the pitch with the adjustment buttons requires pulling on one of the arm components to release tension on the button. I can't remember which part, but mess with it a bit and it should be very easy to depress the pitch control button if the pressure is taken off it.

Certainly roll up the canopy before you take off from camp. There was a fellow we saw who left with the canopy extended. People were honking, yelling, waving but the only thing that got his attentions was a big tree along the road just out of camp. The crunching sound was hideous.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote