Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Cover for 2017 Jayco 16 XRB?

Any recommendations on a cover for Jayco 16 XRB hybrid that can withstand Florida weather?
CiborgFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #2

Nothing can withstand Florida weather. The cover does keep the sun from beating it up, as we have the same problem here in Texas. But Florida has all that salt in the air and that is another killer.
For my boat, I got about 1 year if lucky out of a good tarp. 3 years out of a sunbrella.
I have the 16XRB so I can put it in full covered, walled, doored storage at my local place. If you can find storage that has a roof on it, that is the best solution. Always choose the middle of a storage line, then you get protection on each side from other RV's and if those aren't there you get more sun protection.
If I could only do Roof Storage, I'd get Canvas Painters Tarps from Lowes (big ones are like $35 bucks) and cut a couple groment holes in one side and drape the front and back. These tarps are not sun rated, and trust me, will be rotten and destroyed in 1 year of sun. But at 35 bucks and 1hr of your time, its worth it. And you save a ton over a full cover, which will b e destroyed anyway.
70 bucks a year for these sacrificial canvas covers on each end are worth it.

Just my opinion. On the boat, I sewed a complete cover out of these canvas tarps. I specifically made a seam on the bow where I knew the sun stopped shining on it at any point. Then replaced just that "nose" piece 3 times.
That cost only 25 bucks and some of my time, but since I had a pattern diagramed out, it took 5 min to measure, cut and then about 2 hours to sew it up.
The seam I added snaps the second year. So I could add 10 snaps, and just unsnap the old and snap on the new, and run the paracord, which was the bonnet string that went under the rub rail.
bwft57 is offline   Reply With Quote