Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #1

Where's the leak?

I don't know where the leak is here. The toilet area feels solid. I checked around the fuse box and charger/converter area and can't find where the leak is that's causing this damage. I have no idea what to do next.. Keep tearing up the floor and see what I can find? There are no apparent leaks from above. Everything appears to be solid except this one spot in the floor. This is coincidentally right above the black tank, if that matters.
Ideas what to do next?

I apologize for the sideways pictures... Not sure why it did that but would gladly take instructions on how to properly post images.

2006 Jay Feather 232
That's a pop out bed in the rear. No apparent leaks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3227.jpg   IMG_3231.jpg  
Deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #2

Is that a window just above the bad spot? Leakage could be going inside the wall and down into the floor. Water should have done more damage near the toilet if that is where it is coming from.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Is that a window just above the bad spot? Leakage could be going inside the wall and down into the floor. Water should have done more damage near the toilet if that is where it is coming from.
Thanks for the reply, Roger. That's actually a pop out double bed. I let the bed out and don't see any leak around it as far as I can tell. It's very difficult to see inside that space right there unless I take it apart, which I suppose I may have to do to repair this anyways?

Also, it looks like they missed a joist when building the frame. There's a string marker like there is 12 inches across but no joist there. Not much support.
Here's a pic of my rear.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2619.jpg  
Old 08-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #4

Check your marker lights, sewer hose opening, power cord opening. Do you have gutter extensions or does the rain just run down the side. The water will run down the back into the gutter above the tent opening door and straight down into that rear marker light.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Check your marker lights, sewer hose opening, power cord opening. Do you have gutter extensions or does the rain just run down the side. The water will run down the back into the gutter above the tent opening door and straight down into that rear marker light.
Thank you for the response.. I don't mean to sound totally incompetent, but I believe I'm going to have to open up that sealed compartment containing the fuse box and converter/charger to have better access to see where the water is coming from... I do have plumbing lines that go through that compartment also which may have a leak, and I just can't see it without disassembling that panel/compartment. I'll do in the morning.

Yes, there's an outside gutter along the roof towards the rear. And I'll check around the tent opening again in the morning and get a better look at it.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #6

I , and I bet we would still Do what your doing to get to the bottom of this. It comes in from the strangest places.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #7

I'm going to be doing this after the end of the season and next spring. Finding the leak will be tough part, as the repairs are seeming more and more common and will allow me to upgrade the flooring to an engineered wood product which I'm excited for. Only issue for me is my floor is soft from the entrance doorway under the wall and into the bathroom of my 2006 19H.

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
twoadventureaddicts is offline   Reply With Quote