Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2022, 04:46 PM   #161

Marshall Excelsior. Just get one online and do it yourself. Don't wait for dealership..
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:27 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Marshall Excelsior. Just get one online and do it yourself. Don't wait for dealership..
Although I am still on the dealership's wait list, I replaced the regulator myself. I didn't want to wait and we would still be waiting.

I purchased an MB Sturgis as the Marshall Excelsior was out of stock when I tried to order it. Details here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ml#post1020823

I did have to adjust the pressure using the built in adjustment screw and monitored with a YellowJacket propane gauge hooked up to one of the propane ports. I tested it before I took the original regulator off, noted the pressure in Water Column, then installed the new regulator and adjusted it to the same Water Column pressure. I think the original was 11 inches of W.C.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:01 AM   #163

We have a Northpoint 2019. We have been told it’s 5 months to get the recall for the regulator fixed. We had a problem last weekend, as we had used gas to heat the camper. The indicator is showing red and drained one tank. No action on the new tank.
Do you all suggest getting the Amazon one?
Model says MH 26696

Doing the legwork for my husband
Attached Thumbnails
7A276FAD-5B7C-4B1F-8C7B-DBE9A61A657B.jpg  
Jserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:10 AM   #164
Site Team

I would! If you can change it for the cost of the regulator, it's worth untold
$$$ in headaches dealing with someone else.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:00 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jserv View Post
We have a Northpoint 2019. We have been told it’s 5 months to get the recall for the regulator fixed. We had a problem last weekend, as we had used gas to heat the camper. The indicator is showing red and drained one tank. No action on the new tank.
Model says MH 26696

Just a PSA: Take care in sourcing the replacement from Amazon or elsewhere. Jayco’s notice to dealers said that the replacement “part cannot be a Winntec, Winnspec, Enerco or Mr. Heater product. Fairview, YSN, Marshall or Cavagna regulators should be used.”
You also want to make sure that the outlet pressure (11” H2O) is the same, and likely around the same capacity (~200K BTU/Hr — though I think there is some wiggle room on this aspect).
Revz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:12 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jserv View Post
Model says MH 26696

When you say it drained one tank, do you mean it drained by itself, or because you were using the heater? Did you smell gas?

The way ours works is-
- you start with both tanks full.
-You turn that knob to point toward either full tank.
-Open both valves, and the indicator should be green.
-The regulator will draw down only one tank- the one it's pointing to.
-When that tank is empty, the indicator will turn red, and the regulator will start drawing from the other tank. (But the handle won't switch over by itself, it will still point toward the empty tank until you switch it over).
-Now you take out the empty tank and get it filled, reinstall it, and turn the knob to point to the other tank, which is now less than full, but not empty.

Also, in the photo, it looks like your regulator is upside down. There is a large vent hole that should point down toward the ground. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but make sure it is installed right side up.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:43 PM   #167

We've had our 2019 Jay Feather for about a year and a half, and we just received the recall notice today?

Shows our VIN and the fact that the propane regulator needs checked and possibly replaced.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #168

I received one also yesterday for our 2019 212QB (we bought new) but I’ve already had it replaced by the dealer under the recall. I’m going to contact the dealer repair shop, they should have reported that the repair was done.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:59 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrison View Post
I received one also yesterday for our 2019 212QB (we bought new) but I’ve already had it replaced by the dealer under the recall. I’m going to contact the dealer repair shop, they should have reported that the repair was done.
Yes, they sure should have. Unless the regulator is the same brand and falls in the 2017 to 2020 time line.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:04 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
Yes, they sure should have. Unless the regulator is the same brand and falls in the 2017 to 2020 time line.
It’s a different regulator, I’m still waiting to get the stovetop recall for the saddle valve replacement fixed. I checked mine and don’t have any leaks but would like to get that recall cleared also.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 10:34 AM   #171

Got the recall notice today. Jayco NHTSA #21V-685; Highland Ridge NHTSA #21V-686; Starcraft NHTSA #21V-687.

Since I replaced the regulator myself instead of waiting a year and a half without propane, per the recall notice, I may be eligible for reimbursement. I'm reaching out to Jayco Service today and will post updates on how that goes.

Edit: here is my email to service@jayco.com.

Hi Jayco Service team,

Per the recall notice, I am submitting evidences of having replaced the recalled regulator prior to the recall remedy notice being sent. This was done to facilitate safe and proper use of our propane system.
• Name: [my name]
• Address: [my address]
• VIN: [my VIN]
• Recall number: NHTSA # 21V-685
• Clear, legible receipt showing identification of the product that was recalled: Please find attached the PDF receipt of the MB Sturgis dual-stage propane regulator from the MB Sturgis company.
• In addition, please find attached
o A photograph of the installed MB Sturgis regulator on the Jayco Jay Feather 24BH with VIN ending in [VIN]
o One email communication with the Jayco dealership in November 2021 discussing the faulty regulator on my Jayco Jay Feather 24BH
o One email reply from the dealership stating that they would submit our regulator replacement request to Jayco for warranty replacement for which we were never contacted for follow up until today when the recall letter arrived in mail… two years later.

Please find the information above and attached documents as evidence required to receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses as it relates to the propane regulator replacement under NHTSA # 21V-685.

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 10-10-2023, 10:53 AM   #172

Great communication and well-documented. Should a simple thing for Jayco to reimburse, but, well, you know. Good luck.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 12:30 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post
Got the recall notice today. Jayco NHTSA #21V-685; Highland Ridge NHTSA #21V-686; Starcraft NHTSA #21V-687.

Since I replaced the regulator myself instead of waiting a year and a half without propane, per the recall notice, I may be eligible for reimbursement. I'm reaching out to Jayco Service today and will post updates on how that goes.

Snip
I wish you luck with this. My first attempt to get it reimbursed was refused because I had not submitted within 30 days of the original recall notification. After some back and forth, I finally got reimbursed.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #174

Quote:

Hi Jayco Service team,

Per the recall notice, I am submitting evidences of having replaced the recalled regulator prior to the recall remedy notice being sent. This was done to facilitate safe and proper use of our propane system.
• Clear, legible receipt showing identification of the product that was recalled: Please find attached the PDF receipt of the MB Sturgis dual-stage propane regulator from the MB Sturgis company.
o A photograph of the installed MB Sturgis regulator on the Jayco Jay Feather 24BH with VIN ending in [VIN]
o One email communication with the Jayco dealership in November 2021 discussing the faulty regulator on my Jayco Jay Feather 24BH
o One email reply from the dealership stating that they would submit our regulator replacement request to Jayco for warranty replacement for which we were never contacted for follow up until today when the recall letter arrived in mail… two years later.

Please find the information above and attached documents as evidence required to receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses as it relates to the propane regulator replacement under NHTSA # 21V-685.

Thanks and have a great day!
Now, it's been almost two years since I replaced the regulator. So the cost of the regulator has been recouped a loooong time ago. But since they are pushing back even though I've supplied them with the required documentation, I'm going to continue my adventure. Doesn't cost me anything but time to write an email reply. Let's see where this goes.

Update (1) 10 Oct 2023 - Jayco reply:
Quote:
Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out to Jayco customer service. I do not see where the dealer submitted anything to us, but we would not be able to cover it as it was a self-repair. This will need to be addressed through a Jayco dealer properly so we are able to clear the recall off this unit.
Update (2) 10 Oct 2023 - My reply:
Quote:
Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. Per the recall notice, second to last paragraph:

• “If you had this repair completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. Submit an email to service@jayco.com including your name, address, VIN, recall number, and a clear, legible receipt showing the identification of the product that was recalled.”

This recall notice does not state that it must be completed through a Jayco dealer. As I had this repair completed through a third-party, this repair would fall under the paragraph mentioned above.
Update (3) 11 Oct 2023 - Jayco reply:
Quote:
Good morning,

I did not see an invoice for repairs attached on the initial email.

Please provide an invoice for repairs.
Update (4) 11 Oct 2023 - My reply
Quote:
Hi,

PFA the invoice. Note that the recall does not state that an invoice is required, only “…a clear, legible receipt showing the identification of the product that was recalled.” I am seeking reimbursement of the MB Sturgis regulator only and to the maximum extent allowed by the recall order.

Thanks,
Old 10-12-2023, 12:22 PM   #175

I called Jayco on this yesterday( we have had our 2018 212qb only a week) and the winntec 6020 is the problem. The person at Jayco said look on back of regulator for serial number starting with N. the first two numbers after that are the year made then the week made. If the first two numbers are 17 or lower you are ok(made in 2017) if they are N18 or higher on first two numbers it has to be replaced. If you have a dealer close good, I'm 170 miles from one. Mine was made in 2017 so I'm ok. Good luck, they are not hard to change out. She also said brand names Winntec, Winnspeck, Enerco, and Mr. Heater are bad.
pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:03 PM   #176

Regulator recall

Recall Jayco 21V-425
We changed the regulator ourselves even before the notice. Now we keep getting notices, and since our trailer is stationary they want us to call a mobile tech to test the regulator. We would have to pay the $200 for the service call, and Jayco pays for the part and work only.
We’re not about to pay for that, ridiculous. Then they’ll decide in a year or so to recall again they’re made in China regulator?
Anyone else going thru this?
Florida2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:45 PM   #177

I emailed them this year and told them it was fixed and tested. They also told me I would keep getting notices till I carried It to get checked at a Jayco dealer. Hope they have plenty of postage. Snowy day in hell before I carry it back to Campers World in Newport News.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:30 PM   #178
Site Team

You'll more than likely keep getting notices until your VIN number is cleared, and they get notice from a dealer that the defective one was checked and indeed bad.

There was a recall on the DWs 2008 RAV4 for the dreaded floormat debacle where they want to cut the bottom off the gas pedal. Her VIN still shows it not completed at the dealer. Not going to happen, and there's no way the gas pedal will stick down on hers.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:27 AM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2022 View Post
Recall Jayco 21V-425
We changed the regulator ourselves even before the notice. Now we keep getting notices, and since our trailer is stationary they want us to call a mobile tech to test the regulator. We would have to pay the $200 for the service call, and Jayco pays for the part and work only.
We’re not about to pay for that, ridiculous. Then they’ll decide in a year or so to recall again they’re made in China regulator?
Anyone else going thru this?
Yuck, that's terrible. Yeah, I wouldn't pay for that.

I'm still running in circles with Jayco for reimbursement. It's just a game for me at this point. They are asking for all kinds of things: business card, pictures of the repair facility, etc. I keep responding back with "This is what the recall notice says" and sticking with only the items I need to provide for reimbursement. Business card and repair facility pictures are not requirements on the recall notice.
Old 11-27-2023, 03:48 PM   #180

Quote:
Yuck, that's terrible. Yeah, I wouldn't pay for that.

I'm still running in circles with Jayco for reimbursement. It's just a game for me at this point. They are asking for all kinds of things: business card, pictures of the repair facility, etc. I keep responding back with "This is what the recall notice says" and sticking with only the items I need to provide for reimbursement. Business card and repair facility pictures are not requirements on the recall notice.
Welp... looks like my stubbornness prevailed. Jayco cut a check and it arrived today for more than I had requested. I had only requested reimbursement of the aftermarket regulator.

Here is the last email I sent (Jayco was asking for a business card and photos of the repair shop):
FYI, the recall notice does not state that a business card or something to validate the company is required. The recall notice states:

• “If you had this repair completed prior to receipt of this recall notice, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. Submit an email to service@jayco.com including your name, address, VIN, recall number, and a clear, legible receipt showing the identification of the product that was recalled.”

This recall notice does not state that it must be completed through a Jayco dealer. As I had this repair completed through a third-party, this repair would fall under the paragraph mentioned above. I provided those evidences/artifacts in the original email and included pictures of the properly-installed aftermarket, pre-recall regulator.

o A photograph of the installed MB Sturgis regulator on the Jayco Jay Feather 24BH with VIN ending in S0281
Looks like I'll be buying a few rounds of drinks & smores around the next campfire.