Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #141

Yeah I see that on the blue part. That’s more or less a dust cover so not too worried. No idea what brand. Seems to work and don’t smell propane. I’ll do a full check with multiple things running in a couple days to be sure.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:41 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What brand is that, it appears the red empty indicator is built into the selector knob. Looks like that blue part got a little ding!
This new regulator looks identical to a Camco 59005 that TxLoser posted. I'm wondering if I should snag a 59005 and replace mine without waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Camc...=1000&biw=2048

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Double-.../dp/B0024ECBCA
Attached Thumbnails
61wesZXajbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg  
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #143
Site Team

The indicator is very similar to the Camco that I installed 4 years ago.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #144

I have seen several references to owners who had to buy a replacement regulator themselves because the dealers do not have the replacements from Jayco yet. Some mention submitting a claim to Jayco for re-imbursement of the cost for the purchase of a new regulator. Since dealers are not willing to install a customer purchased regulator, we are forced to install them ourselves.
The red "empty" indicator on my regulator stopped working a couple of months ago. Now I am experiencing a significant pulsing/flutter on the range burners. I have been on my dealer's waitlist since I received the letter(s) and they cannot tell me when they will get to me. I had no choice but to search for, and buy, one of the replacements Jayco lists as qualified replacements.
At $63.80 I think re-imbursement is a fair request.
Has anyone attempted to submit a claim, or better yet, succeeded? If so, what is the process?
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #145

Propane Regulator Recall

I changed my regulator before I got the notice. Because it was venting large amount of gas. I am lucky that my trailer didn't catch fire. I have the receipt. Jayco refuse to reimburse me because I don't have the old regulator or a picture. They also wanted me to carry it to the dealer to check it. I would not use my trailer knowing it was bad. I would not let it sit in the yard waiting or for a dealer to keep it for weeks to fix it. I have the knowledge to change it and check for the correct pressure. I am out of about $70, but I am camping and I am safe.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #146

It seems to me, everyone should be reporting Jayco's lack of payment for these to NHSTA.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #147

Lucky I Guess?

First read about this recall here on the forum in July, before letters were sent out in Aug. The wife and I were on the road for the summer and would not be home until Oct 1st, checked all the info available on this and sure enough our regulator was one of those affected. We didn't feel good about living in our trailer for another 2 and half months with a possibly defective regulator, so we checked an RV shop in the area and bought a Marshall regulator and hoses, installed it myself.
When we got home in Oct, sure enough there was a recall notice in our mailbox. We called our dealer and told them our regulator started leaking while on vacation and there were no Jayco dealers in the area we were staying, so we bought a regulator from a local repair shop and installed it ourselves. Our dealer asked me to send pictures of the original regulator and the regulator we replaced it with and they sent them off to Jayco.
A few weeks ago, we got an email from our dealer that Jayco had approved our claim and that there was a check waiting for us at the dealer to be picked up. Didn't even want the original regulator, they said we could just throw it in the garbage.

Total cost for the regulator and hoses we purchased came to $211 CAD and Jayco covered the entire amount. Not sure if our dealer put in a claim as warranty or as part of the recall, but either way, we were pretty surprised and happy they covered it.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:59 PM   #148

We received our notice recently dated November 2021. Why is it taking this long for them to send them out to owners when it involves the same part (Wintec model 6020)? Many received this notice 6 months ago!

Further more they state:

"We apologize for any inconvenience, but [B]parts to repair your vehicle are not currently available:". When parts become available we will send you another letter asking you to contact your dealer to arrange a service appointment to remedy the recall.

WTF!

2018 Jayco Eagle 336FBOK
2017 Ram 3500 CC SRW 6.4 Hemi 4.10 Curt Q20
RobPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #149

Returning to the thread...

I first heard about the "recall" well before the recall...when my regulator outright failed. I bought a replacement on Amazon...back when there was no demand. It works great.

As for the recall, I was told to piss up a rope regarding a reimbursement, because there was no dealer involved. I chose to walk away, because it wasn't worth the struggle over $50 I paid to be up and running again.

After all, what does it cost to drag a rig to a dealer and leave it there for days while they "inspect" the replacement? What a crock.

Anyway, this is what I bought, and it appears to be in stock.
Now $37. Mine works great.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #150

So I bought a single type regulator and plan on installing it myself. Started today. I can't get the fitting on the bottom of the regulator to come loose. It's 3/4 ' fitting that goes from regulator to the rv. Any tricks I need to know about getting it loose? I'm afraid I am going either strip it or break it off. Special wrench, metric wrench........ It's really, really tight. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrewsco View Post
I had issues with my propane last winter - Dealer found nothing wrong. During a spring trip, I had additional issues and replaced it myself. I did not keep the parts so the dealer is saying they can’t reimburse me. Guess fixed is better then waiting on parts.
phoenixbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:54 PM   #151
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbound View Post
So I bought a single type regulator and plan on installing it myself. Started today. I can't get the fitting on the bottom of the regulator to come loose. It's 3/4 ' fitting that goes from regulator to the rv. Any tricks I need to know about getting it loose? I'm afraid I am going either strip it or break it off. Special wrench, metric wrench........ It's really, really tight. Thank you.
The pipe compound on the threads may have dried hard, the dissimilar metals may have seized the threads, or both. You can try a heat gun to warm the area, and soften the pipe compound up. The wrench size should be standard, but if you have a metric that fits snug, no reason not to use it. 19mm is the closest, but may be a smidge too small.

Using a pair of pipe wrenches would be my last resort, since it can garf up the brass. If you're throwing the old regulator out, it won't matter if it gets messed up. Take your time and be patient. It will come out with persistence.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #152

Update
Using a propane torch I finally got the fittings loose and replaced the regulator. Thanks for the guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The pipe compound on the threads may have dried hard, the dissimilar metals may have seized the threads, or both. You can try a heat gun to warm the area, and soften the pipe compound up. The wrench size should be standard, but if you have a metric that fits snug, no reason not to use it. 19mm is the closest, but may be a smidge too small.

Using a pair of pipe wrenches would be my last resort, since it can garf up the brass. If you're throwing the old regulator out, it won't matter if it gets messed up. Take your time and be patient. It will come out with persistence.
phoenixbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:04 PM   #153

Dealer called and said my regulator was in, I had an appointment for today. It went just as he said, I pulled up to the shop doors and never unhooked from the truck, they were done in 20 minutes. New regulator and hoses.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #154

Regulator recall update

Just got an updated letter on the propane recall. Seems regulators with a date of 2017 are ok and I have confirmed that our rig does not require one based on the letter and 2017 date. Never had any issues with ours so fingers crossed we will be fine. Our dealer wasn’t even aware of this yet so obviously this is a recent development. Happy that I don’t have to drag it back to the dealer too since I would typically need to leave it with them. One less thing to do when spring arrives.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Propane Recall Update.pdf (187.5 KB, 13 views)
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:33 PM   #155

Has anyone on the recall list replaced their regulator themselves? We were told if we do that it will void the warranty but it’s taking so long for the dealership to get ours in we’re missing out on taking trips. We’ve already had to cancel one trip because of this.
Jack112108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack112108 View Post
Has anyone on the recall list replaced their regulator themselves? We were told if we do that it will void the warranty but it’s taking so long for the dealership to get ours in we’re missing out on taking trips. We’ve already had to cancel one trip because of this.
Yes, right away. We weren't going to let something little like this hold up a trip.
Easy replacement.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:00 PM   #157

Quote:

Under warranty, they'll put another cheepie regulator in there, maybe a $30 regulator. For that free regulator, you have to get an appointment, pay for the gas to drive to the dealer and probably leave it there for a couple of days so it's gas for another round-trip. It's easier and cheaper to just buy the damn thing yourself and install it. It's a 15 minute job. Look for YouTube videos an it. Get a better regulator and it's still cheaper.

As for losing your warranty, it would just be for the regulator. Who cares?
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #158

regulator recall

Mine failed and I replaced it before the letter came. Called Jayco and they wanted a picture or the old regulator. They also wanted me to carry it back to the dealer to check it for safety. Didn't take a picture and the old one went in the trash. It's not going back to Campers World. I can't stand them to damage my trailer and more than they have done. Had axle issues and I went straight to Lippert.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:54 PM   #159

Thanks for the quick responses, it’s really put it into perspective. Is there any particular brand or manufacturer you guys would recommend?
Jack112108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 04:11 PM   #160

Quote:
Thanks for the quick responses, it’s really put it into perspective. Is there any particular brand or manufacturer you guys would recommend?
I got this brand- made in USA (But check this when you shop, they could change factories)
I think there is one other made in US, can't think of the name.

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/si...%20Catalog.pdf