Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #21

I like Grumpy's idea. contact Jayco. To me something just doesn't look right. The battery box seems to close to the front diamond plate,Jack looks to be on an angle and the propane regulator seems to be a little high or it could be I'm getting old and just not seeing as well as i used to.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #22

To me the first pic it sure looks bent to me .Cant see why they would be made that way.
Look at the angle of the battery box, tank and jack!

Strange..... GladCreekWy says his is not like that and Naedwg says his is?
Old 09-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #23

Here are a couple pics
Attached Thumbnails
BC60F86A-3E9C-4DA0-A73F-F8483E766D86.jpg   image.jpg  
Naedwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #24

To my untrained eye that isn't slightly bent, it's seriously out of whack. I would have it inspected, first by the dealer and if they say it is fine, I would go to a body shop or perhaps your local RCMP. It just seems wrong, weak and dangerous.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #25

I will be camping on the northern California coast for the next week,I won't be able to help myself from looking at every travel trailer tongue in the camp ground!!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #26

Thanks I’ll go this week and dig some info from our dealer
Old 09-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
To my untrained eye that isn't slightly bent, it's seriously out of whack. I would have it inspected, first by the dealer and if they say it is fine, I would go to a body shop or perhaps your local RCMP. It just seems wrong, weak and dangerous.
But if you look closely at the weld and the "L" at the front cross member it was not parallel when assembled.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naedwg View Post
Here are a couple pics
That certainly looks bent!
Old 09-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #29

Almost looks level at the front crossmember, but what is that horizontal line 6" forward towards the coupler? Only visible in the first pic. Cannot focus, but looks like a piece of anlge welded on. Could not see that on the above stock pic.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #30

Yes I wasn’t parallel when assembled. I used a level along the tongue and it’s straight frontward of the l frame in front. But it could have been bent a bit as well. I have only travelled with it less that 200 km so far and I wouldn’t think it was from me. I didn’t notice it at the dealer. But I would have noticed it anyway
Old 09-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #31

That piece is a welded formed tab to add strength between the front crossmember to the tongue angle.from front of A tongue tubes is 3” higher in front
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #32

Definitely bent

Hi just an update. I’ve used my eye down the length of the a frame tube.(found through my many years of welding that is one of the best ways to see if something is straight) But it is definitely bent. Was reading somewhere that they don’t suggest using weight distribution hitches on Slx (super light weight) models. As the frame is thin. So after I can tow it home this weekend I will be dropping it off at my dealer and demanding a fix and some stronger tube for the a frame. I’ll keep you posted
Old 09-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naedwg View Post
Hi just an update. I’ve used my eye down the length of the a frame tube.(found through my many years of welding that is one of the best ways to see if something is straight) But it is definitely bent. Was reading somewhere that they don’t suggest using weight distribution hitches on Slx (super light weight) models. As the frame is thin. So after I can tow it home this weekend I will be dropping it off at my dealer and demanding a fix and some stronger tube for the a frame. I’ll keep you posted
Thanks for the update! Hope it all works out for you.
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:13 AM   #34

I’m having the same issue. I use weight distribution hitch that the dealer installed a their recommendation. At first I thought it was an optical illusion but it s bent. I have to wait until 10/15 for my dealer service appointment. I am very curious to see what can be done or what my dealer will do.
Gregebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #35

I am curious as to the outcome of the repair. I’m experiencing the same issue with my 195RB.
Gregebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #36

Repaired and working great

Hi, There was a fix from jayco that the dealer did. Basically they replaced the a-frame tubes, re-welded them back and the whole thing looks as if it was brand new. We have use it a ton this year and no issues or tubes bending again.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:20 PM   #37

So it was all done on warranty of course. It did take a while Mabey 3 weeks for the parts to come, but it was done at the end of the season and our dealer even gave us a free season of storage. Very happy
Old 09-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregebee View Post
I’m having the same issue. I use weight distribution hitch that the dealer installed a their recommendation. At first I thought it was an optical illusion but it s bent. I have to wait until 10/15 for my dealer service appointment. I am very curious to see what can be done or what my dealer will do.
ours did not recommend a WDH. And I am glad we did not have one as we managed to bend the frame on the !95 anyway from lots of towing on logging roads. An overly beefy WDH is going to put a lot of stress on the frame ; bigger is not always better. Not saying that a WDH is not a good thing; make sure it is appropriately sized.

You might check that your WDH is set up correctly. Dealers do not often set up for a loaded trailer.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote