Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2020, 03:21 PM   #21

I catch mice in my shed with a snap trap. I use the ole peanutbutter bait too but had the same results, they'd either eat the pb and not set off the trap OR snap the trap and then come back and eat it clean. So I use clear silicon to secure a kernel of corn or a peanut, that we get when we frequent Texas Road House. Works every time and I can use the same corn kernel or peanut for many mice without it disappearing.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I catch mice in my shed with a snap trap. I use the ole peanutbutter bait too but had the same results, they'd either eat the pb and not set off the trap OR snap the trap and then come back and eat it clean. So I use clear silicon to secure a kernel of corn or a peanut, that we get when we frequent Texas Road House. Works every time and I can use the same corn kernel or peanut for many mice without it disappearing.
Thanks for the great idea. I am going to try that. I have some glue traps too and I think a nice peanut in the center will get ‘em too.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #23

Moose in camper

I found that mice and moose like peanut butter. the trick is to put it in the finger of a plastic glove and put a hole in it. The mice will pull on it and trip the trap. works every time
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I found that mice and moose like peanut butter. the trick is to put it in the finger of a plastic glove and put a hole in it. The mice will pull on it and trip the trap. works every time
Now that's a good one! I've never heard that trick before! Lol!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:46 PM   #25

Got 2 mice with the snap traps. One stinker ate all the peanut butter without triggering the trap. But his luck ran out.
So, this weekend I sealed up every hole I could find. The buggers crawled up an extension cord I had running up through the landing leg gap, They set up a rest area under the power cord coil then made there way 30’ to the rear along the frame rails by way of the brake wire where they found the opening above the fresh water tank. The hole was 6” x 10” with fiberglass stuffed in it. It made a nice home for them. Made an elaborate frame and cover for that area then all gaps in the forward compartment where they originally gained access I sealed with screen glued down with Gorilla glue similar to what Kahoneys did. Used spray foam to fill the wall gaps at the electric and water fill ports. It was a lot of work but we will see if it works. Will leave the 10 traps, glue and snap, baited with PB just in case there are any stragglers.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #26

This year I added bait stations similar to the JT Eaton 902r top loader bait station I bought on Amazon. With some 2 inch pipe, T connectors and a cap, I made my own. I have a garage next to a creek bed so I made several to try to keep them out of it also. Simple to make and I can give instructions if anyone wants them.

200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
This year I added bait stations similar to the JT Eaton 902r top loader bait station I bought on Amazon. With some 2 inch pipe, T connectors and a cap, I made my own. I have a garage next to a creek bed so I made several to try to keep them out of it also. Simple to make and I can give instructions if anyone wants them.

Hi Roger. I would like to see the instructions. I park my camper next to my neighbor's fence and just on the other side he keeps a lot of junk and wood so I think it is a breeding ground for field mice. I do not want to harm the lazy cats (that don't do their job) with open traps or poison.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
Old 05-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #28

I purchased a 10 foot plastic pvc pipe, some tees and caps. I cut the 10 footer into 8 inch sections. For each two on the bottom of the the tee I cut them at 45 degrees and straight cut for the top part. I had some glue so I glued the bottom pieces in so they would act like little rain shields. Then I took some coat hanger wire and made a loop about the size of a quarter on the one end. I cut it off so it went to the top of the tee. I then threaded a mouse block that already has a hole in it for that on it. This kept the block from sitting on the bottom of the pipe and disintegrating. The cap keeps rain out and makes it easy to check on the bait block. For winter I put a couple blocks on and as they are eaten they slide down ready for the next mouse. 2 inch pipe is a good size because cats and dogs can't get to the bait.
I wired one to each tire where I could get to it but was kind of out of the weather. The pipe is very tight and you don't have to use glue, you could use a screw if pre drilled the hole.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #29

Thanks Roger. I see this as an upside down "T". The cap is pointing up and that is where the bait hangs from. The 2 horizontal tubes cut at a 45 are like a little awning and are the entry ways for the customers to enter for their "take out".
2015 RAM 3500 CTD