Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Problem is, flooring is laid down (not stapled) then all the cabinets etc are just set on the floor. Then some interior cabinets are set and then attached to the walls. So there is no way it moved that much without being tattered and torn along the way.
If you can see the edges like mine in spots they have stapled down the edges. Now a days vinyl flooring is floating, new homes they just glue the edges to hold it in place, the old days it was 100% glued to the floor but with various temps and humidity this became a problem in large areas so the process changed for the better. Not sure what you mean by floor is laid down.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I fully expect a good result out of this situation. I believe that you have a good/honest dealer. Many would have "fixed" that floor without you even knowing that there was a problem. The simple fact that they contacted you gives me a great initial impression of them.
I couldn’t agree more. They have been great from ordering untl now and I expect that will continue. It’s sinpmy a matter of accepting this unit repaired or getting them to order a replacement which is where the fight might begin. The ball is in their court to present the options.
seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
Rv General

White Lake, MI
Good old General RV, their White Lake lot is very small. About four miles from me they built a big mega RV center with 50 service bays on 35 acres its their headquarters. Thats probably where the work would be done, they pump out the Rvs, every time I go buy TT and MH are going in and out, they are a large volume dealer. I tried to deal with them but they would not match my best price by a long shot so I drove 140 miles to Haylett RV. If you do get something from them and need a local campground there is a state park campground about 5 miles from the dealer.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

Heard back from Jayco VP of sales and Product development via email. He had his director of product development call me a few mins ago. So far impressed with Jayco’s response to this. They are working on a solution and it sounds like that will be a new unit so I don’t have to accept this one. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll find out how long it will take to get a replacement delivered and this problem will just go away. Let’s just hope the new unit can arrive before my first scheduled trip.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:06 PM   #25

Thats great news that Jayco is stepping up to the plate like they usually do. Saves you the hassle trying to convince the dealer its the right thing to do. Hopefully Jayco can get one on the next production run and it arrives quickly. Ask your salesman if you can take delivery at the Wixom location, it will save you some drive time since its right off the freeway compared to the White Lake location and its closer from the direction you are coming from.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Thats great news that Jayco is stepping up to the plate like they usually do. Saves you the hassle trying to convince the dealer its the right thing to do. Hopefully Jayco can get one on the next production run and it arrives quickly. Ask your salesman if you can take delivery at the Wixom location, it will save you some drive time since its right off the freeway compared to the White Lake location and its closer from the direction you are coming from.
We shall see tomorrow if Jayco really steps up to match their talk with actions, but at this point all is moving in the right direction.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #27

I'd be there tomorrow and push to decline this unit and request a new replacement. That vinyl flooring is put in before anything else, there is no way for the dealer to replace it with the same intent of quality as the factory can. To install like the factory the dealer would have to literally remove everything, including all walls, roof etc...
check out the youtube video that shows the vinyl installation. I think its titled something like Jayco in 7 hours or something like that.
https://youtu.be/aLHux4SuXbY
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #28

It would be interesting to hear how this could of happened. Besides all the workers assembling the unit they do actually have a quality control team at the end of the line. No way would something like that get past everyone. That's a huge wrinkle. We sold vinyl flooring for years and never saw anything like that, even with extreme temperature changes, vinyl doesn't move that much. Please keep us informed.

good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM   #29

By the looks of the pictures, it almost appears that there was insufficient glue under the vinyl and the slide bunched it up.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:51 AM   #30

The very first trailer I bought was a custom order from the dealer. After the 3 month wait, it finally arrived, optioned incorrectly. I refused delivery and insisted on a new trailer, built the way I ordered it. They were able to get me a new trailer, built correctly, within about 2 weeks. If they want to, they can expedite a build.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #31

Here's the resolution.

Jayco director of product development called me this morning. They have an exact match on options, color, etc. being built for us to arrive at the dealer prior to April 13th.

This one will go through a "more thorough quality control check" when it comes off the line before shipping.

They will also comp us a bump mount grill setup that I had not originally ordered.

Should be getting updated paperwork later today.

Appreciate all the posts here which helped me push for a new unit rather than accepting the repaired unit.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #32
Site Team

I think that is a very acceptable solution.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
here's the resolution.

Jayco director of product development called me this morning. They have an exact match on options, color, etc. Being built for us to arrive at the dealer prior to april 13th.

This one will go through a "more thorough quality control check" when it comes off the line before shipping.

They will also comp us a bump mount grill setup that i had not originally ordered.

Should be getting updated paperwork later today.
Good to hear
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #34

Now what poor unsuspecting sap gets the one you rejected?

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
Old 03-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #35

Yeah I would go down to the dealership and mark the frame discreetly with a wax crayon so you can verify it is in fact a different, new trailer you get. Half joking, half not.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
Yeah I would go down to the dealership and mark the frame discreetly with a wax crayon so you can verify it is in fact a different, new trailer you get. Half joking, half not.
Well I have the new VIN and it's 26 higher than the old VIN so I think I'm good.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Now what poor unsuspecting sap gets the one you rejected?
Yeah, I haven't asked what happens to the rejected one, if they just relist it once fixed or if Jayco is taking it back. Not my number 1 concern, but it would suck to be on the other end of that deal and have no idea what occurred.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #38

Glad to hear you have a good outcome. I'm sure this unit will be repaired and no one will ever know. I'm sure many units have repairs either at the factory or the dealer and no one knows and no one is hurt.

Happy Camping !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #39

You should never pull that floor up. It goes under the walls and seals the wood. Most people replace floors by laying over the factory vinyl as it seals the floor. I was just talking about my dealer service manager. Really good dealership my whole family swears by them and reason I changed to Jayco. He was just telling me today they try to avoid removing the factory vinyl at all cost unless they have no other choice. He made a big deal about it.

You made the right decision to walk away.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
It goes under the walls and seals the wood.
That wasn't the case on my 5er.