Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
That wasn't the case on my 5er.
That would be weird because at the factory they actually are supposed to run the flooring completely over the whole floor (Before the walls are added) and wrap it over the sides and they staple it under the camper (Along with gluing it on top).

I do not know about other brands if they run it under the camper BUT every camper I have owned including 2 other brands had it running at least under the walls covers the floor completely. You can't just pull it up like a house where the flooring is put in after the walls.

But is it possible that it isn't like that in yours? Sure but that means yours wasn't done right then.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #42

Great News, sounds like Jayco is doing you right.

As I was reading the posts, one thing I was thinking; if the paperwork was not signed, to strongly negotiated a much lower price for a repaired unit.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Great News, sounds like Jayco is doing you right.

As I was reading the posts, one thing I was thinking; if the paperwork was not signed, to strongly negotiated a much lower price for a repaired unit.
I would not touch that unit for 75% off, its just trouble waiting to happen after its repaired, pitty the poor person that ends up with it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
But is it possible that it isn't like that in yours? Sure but that means yours wasn't done right then.
They can't put it under a wall at the slide. The only reason they put it down first (before the walls) is cuz it saves labor expense. Nothing to do with quality.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
They can't put it under a wall at the slide. The only reason they put it down first (before the walls) is cuz it saves labor expense. Nothing to do with quality.
Its all about saving money, it would take hours to cut it in around walls like they do in a house. This way they pull the length of the trailer fasten it down and start building within minutes.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I would not touch that unit for 75% off, its just trouble waiting to happen after its repaired, pitty the poor person that ends up with it.
Are you saying anyone that has a new floor put in an RV is asking for problems? I know many friends that have installed new flooring and never had an issue, no different than a brick and stick. If installed properly no one would even be able to tell without a close knowledgeable inspection. I would bet some units on and RV lot, have been repaired, including flooring and never had an issue. Just as automobiles get damage in transportation and are repaired with no ill effects. The flooring is installed first because they purchase special width material made to the size of the unit (typically 8') rather than using standard flooring which is 6' or 12'. They lay the floor and than build, saves time and money for both Jayco and the consumer.

Someone else mentioned the flooring is under carpet also, that's not always true. If the carpet goes across the rear of the unit the hard surface floorcovering may not necessarily extend all the way to the rear of the unit.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #47

Quote:
Initially i was thinking a rather large discount would appease me. However, even if it had no ill effect, i felt like couldn’t stand the thought of living with a custom ordered unit that was repaired in this way before i even signed papers. So even if they offered 10k off, which they didn’t, I don’t think I would have bitten. Although, 10k savings would have bee almost 50% from deal price (24k)so had it been offered, I would have probably been torn a bit.
seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #48

I think you will be much happier with a new trailer being built. How did you end up buying from General RV in Michigan, they don't stock many Jayco products and don't advertise great prices.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:15 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Someone else mentioned the flooring is under carpet also, that's not always true. If the carpet goes across the rear of the unit the hard surface floorcovering may not necessarily extend all the way to the rear of the unit.
Pretty sure that’s the case with my ‘13 5th. Been poking around while contemplating a new flooring.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:19 AM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
Initially i was thinking a rather large discount would appease me. However, even if it had no ill effect, i felt like couldn’t stand the thought of living with a custom ordered unit that was repaired in this way before i even signed papers. So even if they offered 10k off, which they didn’t, I don’t think I would have bitten. Although, 10k savings would have bee almost 50% from deal price (24k)so had it been offered, I would have probably been torn a bit.
For 10 k off I would have grabbed that deal in a heartbeat, but that's just me and I'm a cheapskate. A year from now those quarter round edges would blend right in and be ancient history, and even when perfect these things depreciate faster then a week old newspaper. But since it's not being offered I suppose it's moot. A new unit with the proper floor will fill the bill. I also wonder how no one saw that floor before it left the plant.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #51

Quote:
I think you will be much happier with a new trailer being built. How did you end up buying from General RV in Michigan, they don't stock many Jayco products and don't advertise great prices.
Went to the local General in Huntley IL and checked out other trailers besides Jayco (since they can’t sell Jayco at that location). Was never buying from local Jayco dealer, Ricks RV as I was not happy with their tactics or price. Had a quote from RV Connection that was great and was put in touch with White Lake as they could sell me Jayco and they beat price/more options vs all other quotes I had. Posted the details of the deal in another thread I started in Jan. Deal is about 40% below MSRP for my options and includes a equalizer hitch.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #52

As of yesterday, I was notified that the replacement trailer has cleared production an is awaiting shipment/pickup by the dealer from the factory. Hoping it's on the road today so I can go get it next week.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
As of yesterday, I was notified that the replacement trailer has cleared production an is awaiting shipment/pickup by the dealer from the factory. Hoping it's on the road today so I can go get it next week.
Thats great news, not much of a delay from the original delivery date. It should arrive pretty quick since the dealer is less than four hours from the factory.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:09 AM   #54

our 2017 27BHS had little shaving pebbles under the vinyl in high traffic area.
I made the stealership take it out from underneath it. they where not happy..
I had all kinds of issues from workmanship to failing appliances. the known water drain issues etc.
I hope this year will be better since the issues supposed to be taken care off.

Henk
Henkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #55

Hoping everything goes well with the new trailer!

We have a 2017 BHDB and love it!
SummerFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:00 AM   #56

She’s home!

Picked up my freshly built 2018 29BHDB yesterday and currently driveway camping with my 4 year old little girl.

Delivery and inspection went well, only a couple of cabinetry screws that they missed needed to be screwed in. General RV was awesome with everything.

Their tech did a really good job of settling up the equalizer WDH hitch that was part of the deal. Towed great with my 2017 F150 SCREW XLT with a payload of 1865 lbs and regular tow package. I upgraded to Billstien 5100 shocks in the rear this winter and that appears to have been a great choice. This 34ft monster tows better than my old 24ft hybrid Rockwood Roo 233S. Several hundred miles under my belt already since I picked up in Michigan.

Couple of surprise upgrades that were not on the model when we ordered, looks like late 2018 rolling updates. Probably represents the early 2019 updates as well for this line since mine was built in the last 2018 run of this floor plan.

1. Under mount kitchen sink which looks really sharp.

2. Reverse / observation camera prewire now includes the mount already installed and powered so it was liiterally plug and play to add the camera, which i couldn’t resist buying while at dealer. Super happy with it, really reduces stress when highway driving. Never saw this included on an Jay Flight but have on White Hawks. Anyone else have this included on a Jay Flight?

3. Ordered the 39inch tv option and was fully expecting a furrion piece of junk. To my surprise it is an Insignia model (Jayco using Best Buy brand???) with ROKU Tv built in! Anyone else see this before? No complaints about this what so ever.

A few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
562BFB18-00D2-4256-A312-3F7EE76F1BD4.jpg   C1AD45C6-0A59-479F-A81B-3210C173B102.jpg   8AA3704E-7A11-4877-95C0-F9E52D6EAA5C.jpg   4BFEF106-C592-4D40-A6D6-CB0FC1E4DAFF.jpg   C96404D7-CCF4-4B0F-84D2-EA8E52652785.jpg  

Old 04-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #57
Site Team

Very nice. Worth the wait
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #58

We picked up our first travel trailer a 2018 28BHS last Saturday and unfortunately did not notice our floor had some wrinkles in it as well. It seems to have become more noticeable as the temperature inside the trailer has increased. Spoke with the dealer
today and they suggested us calling Jayco directly. Anxious to hear what options they will give us. Hoping a replacement trailer is an option.
Attached Thumbnails
0363E18C-5493-4ADD-8E66-395F0A05DA24.jpg   9D6AD3A5-1A5B-4760-8983-8D4720F6B5D1.jpg  
Ksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote