Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #1

2017 37TS Slide Problem

The kitchen/love seat slide on my Seneca keeps trying to retract after the exterior walls have made good contact and is causing the base kitchen cabinet to pull away from the wall about 3/8 of an inch at the left hand end. Is there a stop that can be adjusted to make the motor turn off?
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
The kitchen/love seat slide on my Seneca keeps trying to retract after the exterior walls have made good contact and is causing the base kitchen cabinet to pull away from the wall about 3/8 of an inch at the left hand end. Is there a stop that can be adjusted to make the motor turn off?
My 2014 TS was doing the same thing, Jayco adjusted my Power Gear slide mechanism and reinforced where the cabinets and countertop attached to the wall.

Do you know if your kitchen slide mechanism is from Power Gear? Or did Jayco change that system in later Senecas like they did the bedroom slide (to a Schwintek)? My control switches are clearly marked "Power Gear" in the control center cabinet. If a Power Gear system there are adjustable stops. There are bolts and stopnuts that can be adjusted to provide a positive stop where needed.

Is your Seneca still in warranty?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #3

The slide out is a power gear but as the 2nd owner there is no warranty. I contacted jayco for an appointment but they said they were booked until April 2019 so I am hoping I can DIY. Do u know of any websites that address the adjustment procedure of where the stop nuts are located?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #4

Quote:
The slide out is a power gear but as the 2nd owner there is no warranty. I contacted jayco for an appointment but they said they were booked until April 2019 so I am hoping I can DIY. Do u know of any websites that address the adjustment procedure of where the stop nuts are located?
Have you tried u-Tube?
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

Not sure about the stop but I had the same issue with the couch bouncing up and down and then I noticed the cabinet was pulled away on the left side. I had the unit in for service and they added a bunch more screws in the cabinet. It has been fine ever since.

Seems kind of crazy that the cabinet and couch float out in space when the slide is in. I would like to put something under there to reduce the stress but don’t want to cause any damage to the flooring. When the slide is extended it sits on the rails for the slide mechanism.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #6

Call Lippert they should be able to point you to troubleshooting and repair sheets
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #7

Quote:
I will send a link or two when I am on my laptop, I don't have the files on my phone.
I would send some pictures now but my unit is in Maine and I am home in Ohio. Going back to Maine Thursday, so if it isn't resolved by then I can snap some pictures and send them.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I will send a link or two when I am on my laptop, I don't have the files on my phone.
I would send some pictures now but my unit is in Maine and I am home in Ohio. Going back to Maine Thursday, so if it isn't resolved by then I can snap some pictures and send them.
Here are a couple of parts of the Power Gear operation and service manual that may help in figuring out your issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Gear stop adjustments.pdf (242.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf Slideout export.pdf (48.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Power Gear syncronizing.pdf (371.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I think with the info provided by Rob I should be able to correct the problem(as long as my back will let me upside down in the storage compartment.
2010 Toyota Tundra toad