Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #1

2017 RedHawk 29 xk Camera issues

Please help. I Have a 2017 RedHawk that I am having rear view camera issues. The camera is integrated with a led brake light that stays on as a marker light when taken out of park. Here is what I found so far. When the RV is shifted out of park the led light comes on and the LCD screen displays no signal. I have taken the rear view camera down as I assumed that it was getting power because the LED light was coming on. On the back of the rear view camera there is 2 wires and a coaxial cable looking thing that has 5 holes in it. It is a push in not a twist connection. The two wires are red and black. I assume that those are the power hot and ground. The coaxial cable I pulled on very lightly to see where it was going. It didn't seem to be hooked to nothing. It just pulled out of the hole. The hole is only about 1" so only can feel with 1 finger. But I'm thinking that connection is the one missing. The system doesn't seem to be wireless as I see no antennas. The red and black wire seem to be coming from the topside of the RV, as I can see they come from top of hole not the bottom. The coaxial cable seems to come from top but goes down also. When I feel with my finger down It feels like a electrical boot and some sort of a metal connection like a twist type or something. My thinking was pull that connection up and it is probably an adapter that will fit the back of the camera. The coaxial cable seems to not want to come up from the bottom. I can't hardly believe Jaco would have the connections where you can't access them. I don't see access panel no where. Does anyone know where the camera control board is located? How about that coaxial cable I know its gotta be hooked up but need to know how to go about getting it hooked back up. Thoughts? TIA

ps. Attached is some photos of the camera and some connections I found online. The one with the yellow circle is the connection I believe came aloose.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2316.jpg   IMG_2315.jpg   IMG_2304.JPG  
toliver30471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toliver30471 View Post
Please help. I Have a 2017 RedHawk that I am having rear view camera issues. The camera is integrated with a led brake light that stays on as a marker light when taken out of park. Here is what I found so far. When the RV is shifted out of park the led light comes on and the LCD screen displays no signal. I have taken the rear view camera down as I assumed that it was getting power because the LED light was coming on. On the back of the rear view camera there is 2 wires and a coaxial cable looking thing that has 5 holes in it. It is a push in not a twist connection. The two wires are red and black. I assume that those are the power hot and ground. The coaxial cable I pulled on very lightly to see where it was going. It didn't seem to be hooked to nothing. It just pulled out of the hole. The hole is only about 1" so only can feel with 1 finger. But I'm thinking that connection is the one missing. The system doesn't seem to be wireless as I see no antennas. The red and black wire seem to be coming from the topside of the RV, as I can see they come from top of hole not the bottom. The coaxial cable seems to come from top but goes down also. When I feel with my finger down It feels like a electrical boot and some sort of a metal connection like a twist type or something. My thinking was pull that connection up and it is probably an adapter that will fit the back of the camera. The coaxial cable seems to not want to come up from the bottom. I can't hardly believe Jaco would have the connections where you can't access them. I don't see access panel no where. Does anyone know where the camera control board is located? How about that coaxial cable I know its gotta be hooked up but need to know how to go about getting it hooked back up. Thoughts? TIA

ps. Attached is some photos of the camera and some connections I found online. The one with the yellow circle is the connection I believe came aloose.

I had similar problems on my 2017 GreyHawk 29W with the same set up. This was my solution, and it works wonderfully !! I got 12v power from the clearance light above it. I always run with my lights on so it is always powered and in use, as both back up and toad or trailer viewing. watch. Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	62830
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote