Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2019, 06:34 AM   #1

2020 GREYHAWK 29MVP-It's here!

We are members of the Class C motorhome family!

The wait is over, our shakedown trip is over & our first trip is over!

The RV is a thing of beauty! I was so nervous as we ordered sight unseen and was told during the wait that the color would have to be midnight unless we wanted to wait longer...I was so afraid it would be too dark! It is beautiful!

So a couple of questions...Do you use the underbed storage? My husband put a shelf in that compartment but the bed is very heavy! Our TT had some kind of lift mechanism. Why the hole in that compartment if you are supposed to access the underbed area?

I can't get my husband excited about the weight limits! We have been careful about what we put in the rv and won't tow with more than a little bit of fresh water. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much weight on average you can carry? We are flat towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Fortunately neither of us weighs very much!

Our TT had a removable tray in the frig but this does not. I must have had some ice build up in the tray as water appeared in the bottom of the frig...do I need to clear that permanent tray regularly? Do you pour some warm water on it occasionally?

I had read about the steering stabilization and alignment before we purchased and we are going to look into that as there continues to be too much play in steering.

Some differences you might want to know about.
As I mentioned the interior decor is different and I think it's really sharp. They also put lines on the flooring to make it look like tile.
They put some veining on the shower surround (instead of being all white) and the bathroom & kitchen table counters are fake granite looking.
No pull out in the kitchen but added a popup outlet and usb station.
An ungraded range which is incredible! The oven self ignites and the burners come on in a flash. It has a foldable spring loaded glass top which I love but you lose the removable covers. I put things on the glass top but very carefully.
Little glass subway tile around the range is really pretty!
They made the "side walls" between the cab and rv vinyl instead of paneling..I think it looks better but I had planned to use command hooks on those for hoodies & hats...came up with the idea to use over the cabinet hooks. So we'll see how that goes.
They made some changes to the lighting. Idk what that was like before.
The skylight in the living area is gone (I think there was one before), but the one in the bathroom remains.
The fan in the bathroom is better than in our TT...not sure what it is.

I'm sure we'll have more questions as time goes by. There are definitely trade offs but we are really happy with our decision!

Chris