Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #1

55" TV addition

Newbie here, here is a modification I just had to do, with the FK model watching TV from the couch you have to crane your neck to the right to watch, had to get rid of the 40" with the large picture frame around it so went to Costco and purchased a 55" TV. I own a sheet metal business so I made a metal box insert with (2) stiffeners across the back with studs for bolting the TV swing mount, cut a 3" x 3" access in the lower left hand corner for all the wire. The opening height of the cabinet measures 28.625"h, the TV height is 28.25"h so it fit in there perfect. We have some special rubber gasket that we use on our electrical enclosures to seal the covers so I used some on the upper & lower corners to keep the TV from rattling between the cabinet when driving on these crappy roads in California, also I used a couple of hinged spring latches we have in stock here which I also gasketed to keep from marring the frame of the TV & the front edge of the box also which contacts the back of the TV, the spring latches are to keep the TV in place while traveling. Now in the process of trying to figure out the rats nest I have in the upper compartment where the satellite power box is. We have the Traveler unit which is set up for Direct, but we are a Dish subscriber so I'm thinking I have the go through Winegard and order a new reflector and a new LNB, just received the Wally from Dish. I do have a question about the the (3) amplifiers in the lower cabinet behind the passenger seat on what those would be for, called Jayco for a wiring diagram but not received any email response yet, if anybody out there would have any information on the TVs and sound system would be appreciated, sorry for the long post
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200102_121721540.jpg   IMG_20200102_121402576.jpg   IMG_20200102_121519803.jpg   IMG_20200102_121604934.jpg   IMG_20200102_121636162.jpg  

elcam396 is offline   Reply With Quote