Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Is the TPO roof the one piece rubberized roof on my unit?
Your Redhawk has a TPO roof while the Odyssey has a fiberglass roof.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
Your Redhawk has a TPO roof while the Odyssey has a fiberglass roof.
Thinking about buying the 24b redhawk Love all the storage inside. Then saw avideo on the Entregra 24b . Like the window in the cap but wonder is this going to be a greenhouse? Saw the redhawk at a rv show and was a very good price. Is the roof that big of a difference? Do you have a dingy?
marcravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcravas View Post
Thinking about buying the 24b redhawk Love all the storage inside. Then saw avideo on the Entregra 24b . Like the window in the cap but wonder is this going to be a greenhouse? Saw the redhawk at a rv show and was a very good price. Is the roof that big of a difference? Do you have a dingy?
I bought the Redhawk because I DIDN'T want the skylight in the cap, thinking the same thing, even though it has a curtain. Also was concerned of a direct strike on the front of the cap by a low branch or flying debris from the road that could break that window.

It comes down to if you really want to spend extra money on all the cosmetic upgrades, kinda like buying a Lexus versus a Toyota.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #24

Really having a problem turning the passenger seat around and returning to face forward. Very difficult for me as just one person.
dragonflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #25

I did as well. After doing it a few time the powder coating wore down.. no longer an issue
Jlanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #26
Lost in the Woods

Those seats are a bit difficult to swivel, and it takes a bit of a technique to make it happen, basically some practice. What I found is to pull the backrest lever and get the backrest all the way up. Then, when you pull the yellow handle, know that the seat will move back and towards the middle before it swivels. It's not a direct circular swivel at it's current location.

Plus, the swivel and lever will loosen up the more you use it.

One hint to watch out for, I had a problem where the cable to the seat belt which sends a signal for the air bag got ripped out of the harness when the seat swiveled. Seems that Jayco didn't leave enough slack coming through the floor covering for the seat. I was getting a air bag warning light.

So, take a peek under the passenger seat when you swivel the chair to make sure you have enough slack in the cable. You can see it when you look in from the front side of the seat, where your feet would be in the forward position.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #27

My driver side pull has a yellow line that seems to help pull but the passenger seat does not and is very difficult to pull and maneuver the seat!! Right now I am driving around with the passenger seat backward as could not do the reverse by my self!! geesh....I love the unit but...
Old 06-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #28

any chance you could do a quick video of how???
Old 06-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #29
Lost in the Woods

Hmmm, they both have the yellow handles when facing forward, but I don't believe there is any locking mechanism when swiveled to the rear. They just turn any way you want.

Any chance you jambed the forward/rear seat lever that's under the front into the step area in the rear. I noticed with mine if the seat isn't slid back a little, that cross bar will hit the step up into the rear, and jamb the swivelling. It might take you reaching down and lifting and sliding the chair back a little (towards the windshield) to get it to swivel back forward.

Otherwise, just some muscle should get it to swivel forward, there shouldn't be any locking mechanism when facing to the rear.

I'll go double check mine in the morning and report back.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #30

Table concern

We had issues with our swivel seats too, practice helps!
Our table is in dire need of reinforcement; hubby is a leaner and all of a sudden the table tipped right off the pedestal. It is only held on with 1/2" staples going into the center of the table! Our plan is to remove the bracket and pound some ring neck nails (not too long) into the board to reinforce some grip between the pedestal and the table top. Also a good amount of gluing too.
Also, noted when putting the slide in a lot of water had pooled on the slideout cover. Read something about putting pool noodles under it? Any other ideas?
IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #31
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflys View Post
Right now I am driving around with the passenger seat backward as could not do the reverse by my self!! geesh....I love the unit but...
OK, so I went out and double checked my swivels. There is definitely NOT any type of locking mechanism when they are pointed to the rear, they just pivot and turn where ever you want. The only time they lock is when pointed forward and slid up towards the front.

My guess is that you have the chair slid back and the front adjusting bar is jammed into the step area. That will definitely keep from allowing the chair to swivel back forward. Reach down along the front edge of the seat and see if that bar is hitting the step up.

Or, you just have a really tight swivel and need to muscle it around to the front and break it in. Mine has definitely loosened up the more I spin it.

Also, make sure you have the seat back leaning towards the center of the seat and the seat belt mechanism isn't hitting the door frame, you'll possibly have to play with the front/rear bar as you spin it.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #32

Lp has problem

Rebuilt connection for a gas grill to accommodate a quick disconnect. Hooked up to rv to test, no lp flowing, at the quick disconnect or the rv stove. Noticed red lighting blinking in lp detector. Manual states if lp has detected, it will shut off gas flow. Anyone know how do you reset detector? Or what the issue might be.
Jlanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 AM   #33

Did get the passenger seat turned and practice will help but is better with 2 people!!

Ok guys....bringing in the slide, looked down and saw the linoleum had caught on something and tore. Could not find any reason. Will take cushions off tomorrow and see if I can look under that way. Soooo bummed!! How do I insert an image that is on my computer? The "insert image" wants a URL.

Also, my slide is slightly out of sync....any suggestions to fix other than going to a service center?
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 AM   #34

photos of floor tear!
Attached Thumbnails
jayco_floor1.jpg   jayco_floor2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2019, 06:07 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
We have the Redhawk 24B; for the 2 of us, we think it is the perfect size for travel. If there were more family members it would be tight especially if being used for staying in one place for several days. So far we are liking ours a lot!
There are many things I really like about the Redhawk 24B. 1) The driver and passenger seats swivel around, effectively giving you more living space. 2) The flat floor from the front drivers seat to the very rear of the coach. 3) The TV being placed down low, which eases neck strain. 4) It's not too long.

Now, the biggest draw back, for someone who uses a CPAP machine. There are no shelves next to the bed to place a CPAP machine on. With a little forethought, this could have been rectified. Since the back wall is a large hanging closet, with lots of draws, the other closet next to right hand side of the bed should have been lost in design and the bed moved over enough to allow for a shelf on either side of the bed. I would keep the closet that has all the shelves/drawers that are on the right side of the bed. I would use this as a pantry.

The even smaller Redhawk 22J provides a shelf to put a CPAP on.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #36
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflys View Post

Also, my slide is slightly out of sync....any suggestions to fix other than going to a service center?
Here is the procedure to re-sync the slide. Make sure you always hold the button for a few seconds LONGER after it runs, both in and out, until all sounds have stopped.. and don't run the slide out partially and bring it back in.

Resynchronizing the Slide-out Motors
3. Fully extend the slide room using the switch. Keep the switch engaged until the motors shut down on their own.
4. Retract the room 1-2 inches.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until both motors shut down at the same time. In many cases, two or three repetitions are necessary to re-sync the system.
6. Fully extend and then retract the room. Again, always let the motors shut down on their own before releasing the switch.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #37
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Since the back wall is a large hanging closet, with lots of draws, the other closet next to right hand side of the bed should have been lost in design and the bed moved over enough to allow for a shelf on either side of the bed.
Remember, it's a short coach, there's only so much space...

He's a suggestion for the CPAP, why not convert one of the drawers in the rear cabinet to hold it. You can modify the front of the drawer to fold down or flip down to allow the hoses and wires to be run when you're sleeping. There's an outlet right below the right side drawers to plug it in.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Those seats are a bit difficult to swivel, and it takes a bit of a technique to make it happen, basically some practice. What I found is to pull the backrest lever and get the backrest all the way up. Then, when you pull the yellow handle, know that the seat will move back and towards the middle before it swivels. It's not a direct circular swivel at it's current location.

Plus, the swivel and lever will loosen up the more you use it.

One hint to watch out for, I had a problem where the cable to the seat belt which sends a signal for the air bag got ripped out of the harness when the seat swiveled. Seems that Jayco didn't leave enough slack coming through the floor covering for the seat. I was getting a air bag warning light.

So, take a peek under the passenger seat when you swivel the chair to make sure you have enough slack in the cable. You can see it when you look in from the front side of the seat, where your feet would be in the forward position.
I ripped my cable under the driver's seat at the connection as well and have the ABS light on. I was told that this will be a jayco and not a ford problem. It will be a while before I let them have my coach to fix this issue. Have you had yours fixed?? If so did they butt splice the wires, or new harness? Was it required to go to ford to clear the ABS code? Thanks in advance.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #39

I just found out the hard way that there will be no showers in the summer that are not boiling hot while running the genny. Climbed under it and saw that the genny is about 4 inches from the fresh water tank. Great design, not. Looks like I will be insulating soon.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Remember, it's a short coach, there's only so much space...

He's a suggestion for the CPAP, why not convert one of the drawers in the rear cabinet to hold it. You can modify the front of the drawer to fold down or flip down to allow the hoses and wires to be run when you're sleeping. There's an outlet right below the right side drawers to plug it in.
That's possible I guess. Would have to sleep on the left side of the bed. Never done that since we've been married. I'll think about it. Without out physically being in the model, and seeing the distance, it just seems like it would be a very long run for the air tube.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote