Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #1

Cabinet that slides over sink wobbly

We just got our 2018 Seneca 37TS a few weeks ago. Now that I've had a little time to explore and stock it I only have one concern. I discovered that the kitchen cabinet that is attached to the curb side slide and slides over the sink is pretty wobbly. Makes me nervous about opening/closing it as well as filling it with stuff. Looks to be only 3 or 4 screws in the side of the cabinet which seem to go into the edge of the slide. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Does anyone know if there is a way to "firm" it up? One would think that if they were going to suspend a cabinet that was going to slide over the sink, that maybe it would have been a great idea to put some sort of metal bracket on the slide itself to really fasten that cabinet into. Just saying. If a lady can think of that, why didn't their engineers? Has anyone got any idea what that cabinet is actually fastened into? Or tried to add a few more screws? Just wondering if anyone else has ideas. Liking our rig so far! Looking forward to going camping with our new rig!!
Save
nanerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #2

I agree that the unit seems lightly put up there, however I have driven the unit 3000 miles since we got it and there haven't been any issues with it coming off. We keep it fairly heavily stocked up with adult beverages and gallons of water, cleaning supplies etc. So far so good but now you have brought it up I am going to have to look at it more closely.

I picked my unit up in June and have used it almost every weekend since then, easy to drive and plenty of room for everything I need to take with us. Good luck on your new unit.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

I have a 2014 TS and mine was very unsteady also. As a matter of fact my whole kitchen slide would bounce significantly going down the road. My dealer contacted Jayco who indicated they knew of the issue and a trip back to the factory service center was indicated.

I ended up having 2 problems, one was that the cabinet was not attached very well to the rest of the slide. So they braced the cabinet and installed several more screws. That stopped it moving independently of the slideout.

But the whole slideout still bounced significantly. So another trip to the factory and they determined the early build Seneca TS models did not have enough fasteners securing the slideout rails to the RV floor structure, and also not enough securing the slideout rails to the slideout assembly itself. So they added more fasteners and it solved my issues. The problem had even caused my countertop to start pulling away from the outside wall because of the motion, they repaired all that during that second visit. It seems fine now.

I would have thought they solved these issues in later builds, but who knows? It might be worth having your dealer check these items out and possibly even contact the factory service center for guidance.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #4

Don't forget, a lady invented the Skill Saw...... And in 1962 John Glenn relied on a woman's calculations for his trajectory back to earth ( and she was black ). What would we ever do without the better half !!!