Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #1

Equalizer Leveling System

My leveling system has gone wild. A few months ago, the fuses kept blowing and we found a couple of corroded wires which we fixed. It worked fine until the last couple of weeks. It was not getting quite level, so I reset the null. I actually parked on a very level surface, put the jacks down until all four were just touching, and the leveled it perfectly. But when I hit the Auto Level button, it would extend until all wheels were actually off the ground. I went through the same steps several times and it kept picking the whole coach up.

I called Equalizer and they told me to make sure all the valves were closed and that the unit was mounted tightly. They are all closed and everything is tightly mounted (we replaced a few bolts under there over a year ago because they were corroding).

Any other suggestions on how to fix this? Or am I going to have to replace the whole dang thing? I can only imagine how much that will cost!
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
My leveling system has gone wild. A few months ago, the fuses kept blowing and we found a couple of corroded wires which we fixed. It worked fine until the last couple of weeks. It was not getting quite level, so I reset the null. I actually parked on a very level surface, put the jacks down until all four were just touching, and the leveled it perfectly. But when I hit the Auto Level button, it would extend until all wheels were actually off the ground. I went through the same steps several times and it kept picking the whole coach up.

I called Equalizer and they told me to make sure all the valves were closed and that the unit was mounted tightly. They are all closed and everything is tightly mounted (we replaced a few bolts under there over a year ago because they were corroding).

Any other suggestions on how to fix this? Or am I going to have to replace the whole dang thing? I can only imagine how much that will cost!

Can you level it manually?
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

Yes, I can do it manually.
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
Yes, I can do it manually.

I would give Equalizer’s tech dept. another attempt. If they can’t help, maybe a local RV repair can help. If not, at least you can still level the coach manually. It would seem to me that the devise that determines when it is level, not the main system, is the culprit. I am sorry, but I don’t know enough about what makes that work to be able to help you. Hopefully someone else on the forum can help. I wish you well.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #5

Not sure which rig you have, but the leveling sensor is "USUALLY" attached to the bottom of the floor just in front of the rear axle. Look in a compartment and make sure it hasn't come loose.