Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #1

Excessive Labor hours? Schwintek Slide rebuild

Anyone here pay for a Schwintek slide system rebuild through a service center? **Looking to find out how many LABOR hours you were charged for?** We purchased a like new Jayco in May with only 3,000 miles on it As-Is from a dealer in California. Two months into it, we started having problems with the slide, first not opening at all and now won't close entirely at the bottom front corner. We've tried resyncing. We believe due to rough roads we broke a guide block and/or stripped gears and do have metal shavings and popping noises. Our local Jayco authorized CW dealer is estimating 12 hours to install the rebuild kit minus motors. We already paid half up front for them to order the parts so I'm afraid we're locked in. Watched many You-tube videos showing 3-5 hour repairs though. Despite being out of warranty, I found a flat-rate chart from Lippert showing minimal hours 2.2. So I called and I was told they give the dealer 3.6 total per SLIDE on warranty repairs. In response, the local dealer replied he cannot give any more explanation to the number of hours, just wants me to schedule the repairs and maybe I'll be able to speak with the technician. Our unit is a 2021 24B 27' Class C with a full side slide including bed and dinette. Any experiences collaborating or denying would be appreciated! Our parts are in, but I haven't scheduled it.

https://support.lci1.com/flat-rate-chart
N Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #2

Years ago, I had to have a Lippert rack replaced on my Forest River fifth wheel. I think I spent $1,400 to have it done on one slide.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:48 PM   #3

I had one side of my 24B done under warranty. I think it was about about $3000 total labor and parts. I don't remember the # of hours. Not to be a pessimist but you should do extensive research on the 24B and you will learn that every "fix" that you spend money on is only temporary. It is a terrible design destined to repeatedly fail, proven by others here on this board. As an owner of this model I believe you have 2 long term scenarios. Sell it ASAP or spend your money on a Vroom system. I personally will not be spending my money on anymore fixes with the same lightweight junk components.