Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #1

Greyhawk 29 MV or MVP Floorplan

We've been looking and have found a unit that we're interested in.

We are switching from a travel trailer & this will be our first Class C.

My question is, how comfortable is the living area of the model? We are huge college basketball fans. Is it comfortable & are you close enough to watch tv in the unit?
I'm pretty sure that the front seats don't swivel. Is not having the dinette across from the couch a big issue? When you have people over...it seems it would be a little hard to visit.
I love the kitchen and I cook 99% of the time. I'm thinking the great kitchen is well worth the dinette and couch not being across from each other?

Thanks so much for any input on the livability of the unit!
Chris
seastonemtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
RPR

If you have not I would go to a dealer that has one and check things out with slides out.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #3

Oh Thank you!

We have definitely been inside the unit (with slides in & out) and like I said we Love the kitchen and the unit looks so nice!

I'm just hoping to hear from someone who has owned &/or "lived" in one for awhile!
Re:TV/movie/game watching & having friends family in the RV to visit!

Chris
Old 03-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #4

Definitely look at the front entertainment center option with the larger TV.

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:51 PM   #5

bought recently

Purchased new 29mv over the weekend. Front seats do not swivel, they are up against the main floor of the coach and cannot turn around. My concern was the same as yours...visiting will be an issue as all seating is on same side of coach. There are other models with opposite seating however I felt this seating arrangement compromised the kitchen layout. Since 99% of my time in coach will be just my wife and myself we both think the seating arrangement will be fine. We will get some folding chairs and store under bed for those times when we have guests inside. Also, unless it is raining we usually remain outside and rarely come inside to visit. Would strongly recommend you get a two a/c unit and the unit with a 12 cu ft refer....tremendous difference. If you live in the south one ac will NOT be enough.
Good Luck
dave
DaveE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

2018 29 mvp

My wife and I purchased a 2018 29 MVP last spring and used it every week from mid April until early September. We lived in it for 3 and 1/2 weeks in August during a trip to Wyoming. This layout seemed to have the best inside storage and has adequate cargo carrying capacity compared to most of the other 32 ft. Jaycos . She loves the kitchen layout and the split bath. Handling was horrible as delivered, but is now good since the realignment that Jayco paid for. There have been no significant issues except the furnace recall and The dealer did a good job fixing that. We have one a/c unit and that has been fine since we are in Pa. We are very pleased with the unit and dealer service.
30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #7

Thank you all for the info!

The Kitchen is really important to me...and most of the time it is my husband and I & like you we rarely entertain inside!

What about watching tv inside the unit? Is the tv too small &/or far away?
We want/need the bunk area so don't want the entertainment center.

Chris
Old 03-11-2019, 05:11 AM   #8

Hi Chris, we have owned our2016 29 MV since last June and love it. We down sized from a 45’ Bus to this Class C and have plenty of room.
I just changed out the jackknife sofa for a duel recliner and couldn’t be happier with the comfort.
We are on our way today to get a second AC installed. You must have 2 ACs I this size coach. We cooked with one last summer. The smaller fridge works great for us and use the pantry for a lot of dry goods.
Our biggest concern is for room for our Coonhound. We always need a spot for his bed and the 29 MV worked out the best.
Happy hunting and safe travels. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #9

a lot of dogs like to sleep under the dinette. its dark and maybe quieter than normal.
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #10

Our bigger dog is a Black and Tan Coonhound. He like to spread out and the offset in the couch area gives us room for his large bed. The little guy takes the dinette area when we are at the table. Got love our four legged pals.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:07 AM   #11

Ha ha! We don't have any 4 legged friends right now...but we have grand 4 legged friends that will join us occasionally...

So we're still working on getting one.

We're looking for the sofa one as we'll have kids/grand kids fairly often...
Is it terribly uncomfortable?
There's one with the theatre sofa (recliners) that' actually less expensive than the one we're looking at!

Chris
Old 03-22-2019, 08:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seastonemtn View Post
Ha ha! We don't have any 4 legged friends right now...but we have grand 4 legged friends that will join us occasionally...

So we're still working on getting one.

We're looking for the sofa one as we'll have kids/grand kids fairly often...
Is it terribly uncomfortable?
There's one with the theatre sofa (recliners) that' actually less expensive than the one we're looking at!

Chris
Chris, since owning our 2016 29MV which we purchased in June I have changed the mattress and the jackknife sofa. I thought the sofa was uncomfortable but others thought it was ok. My coach is presently up in Northwest Alabama getting a second AC added to it. One AC was very uncomfortable here in the south last summer.
The sofa is very easy to remove if it turns out that you don’t like it. The RecPro recliner costs around $750. with the discounts and I installed myself with the guidance of others here on the forum.
Have fun!! Jimmyd
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #13

We replaced our 24 foot TT in November of 2017 with a 2018 Greyhawk 29MV and couldn't be happier. Since it is just my wife, our 12 pound rescue, and I, we picked they layout we thought would be the best for us, and didn't take into consideration visitors or companions, since that's not how we travel. We are geocachers, so we leave the CG in the morning and don't usually return until dark, so we don't spend time outside entertaining. Plus we do the majority of our camping trips in the spring and fall when it's cooler. The TV is usually on when we are preparing dinner and it stays on while we eat. The only problem we encountered is that when we sit at the dinette across from each other, one of us (me) can't see the television. Again, not a big deal to us since we don't watch much TV anyway. We still have the standard sofa but after 17 months of ownership, it hasn't been slept on or in yet. Good luck!

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love To Travel 2 View Post
..... The only problem we encountered is that when we sit at the dinette across from each other, one of us (me) can't see the television....
In my 2016 29MV there is a sizeable mirror mounted on the wall where the thermostat is. The person seated at the dinette facing aft can see the television in the mirror.
2000 Jeep Sahara

Old 03-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt6283 View Post
In my 2016 29MV there is a sizeable mirror mounted on the wall where the thermostat is. The person seated at the dinette facing aft can see the television in the mirror.
Is that a York County fix?

Old 03-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Is that a York County fix?

Maybe...

2000 Jeep Sahara

Old 03-27-2019, 05:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt6283 View Post
Maybe...
We're from Dauphin County...

Old 03-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #18

Check the cargo capacities on them and decide if you can live within those numbers. If you don't know what CCC is, run a search on here and check it out. Essentially there is a yellow sticker on the door of every motorhome telling you how much 'stuff' you can put in there. Just b/c you have all those cabinets and big wardrobe in the back doesn't mean you can fill it all w/ stuff to your heart's content.

Keep in mind too that for a motorhome, you and your family also count as 'stuff'. The yellow sticker accounts for the weight of the motorhome as it left the factory including a full tank of gas and propane. Every human, can of beer, and roll of toilet paper subtracts from that number.

Prestige model motorhomes will be heavier then their non-prestige counterparts. I've seen Greyhawks w/ 1100 pounds of cargo capacity - less then your average mid-size SUV !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:54 AM   #19

Quote:
We're from Dauphin County...

2000 Jeep Sahara

Old 03-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #20

Jimmy, I have a 2017 29 MV. Would be very interested in the addition of the 2nd air.
Have studied this a lot and talked to Coleman as well. Thinking about adding an 11,000 Power Saver, but have not had much luck locally with the addition.
Let me know how this goes and how they run the wiring. I want it to look like the factory did it. I talked to Jayco about having this done at The Factory, but they would not do it.
Jere Mc is offline   Reply With Quote