Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2018, 06:04 AM   #1

Greyhawk Driver's Seat Arm Rest

Anybody w/ a newer Greyhawk feel like the driver's arm rest is angled too high? I feel like when I lower it, it should go a little further then it does. I can't find anywhere to adjust it either.

Oddball question I know.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:49 AM   #2

oddly, mine feels too low and think its broken. I'm going to take the seat apart this winter and see if there is any adjustment. Last one I did like this there is a simple metal pin and is usually not adjustable. Will see.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #3

I'm having trouble getting my seat to go low enough to drive comfortably while not on cruise control. I'm not that short!
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
billjmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #4

Armrest???? LOL. I never use mine so forget it's there.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #5

It's definitely too high, IMO. The whole seat is pretty uncomfortable--my wife and I hate the headrests, especially--they seem to push your head too far forward. Wish I could replace these seats with something more comfortable.
ekdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
I'm having trouble getting my seat to go low enough to drive comfortably while not on cruise control. I'm not that short!
I'm having the same issue. As well as the armrest issue. When we test drove the rig, the armrest was WAY out of line. I was able to push it down with some force, so now it's reasonable, but still a little "up" for my ultimate comfort.

I've never owned an 8-way adjustable seat I couldn't get to feel comfortable, so it's inconceivable to me how I can't get this one right. BUT, on our last trip, I had DW give me a towel to put behind my lower back, and that solved almost all of the problems I was having. The seat still rides too high for my comfort, but it's MUCH more manageable now. So I ended up picking up a Samsonite Lumbar pillow from Amazon. I haven't tried it yet, but I have high hopes. With the towel behind my lower back, it was a SIGNIFICANT improvement in driving comfort. The immediate relief and comfort I felt was truly unbelievable.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #7

Push it down ... meaning you sorta 'bent' whatever is behind all the pleather and cushioning?

I want to try it, but I'm afraid I'll break it off.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Push it down ... meaning you sorta 'bent' whatever is behind all the pleather and cushioning?

I want to try it, but I'm afraid I'll break it off.
No, it didn't feel like anything bent or was damaged. It felt more like it was bolted on tightly, and the bolt/nut rotated inside whatever it was bolted to (the seat frame probably).

That being said, I did try to push it further, and I pushed pretty hard, but it wouldn't move any more. Like you, I didn't really give it the "beans" because I was afraid I would break something. It's really not that bad where it is, I kind of like a higher armrest on that side anyway.

My bigger problem is the door side. The armrest molded into the door panel is too low, and I don't like riding with my elbow on the bottom of the window opening. I usually end up laying my arm across the top of the door panel up against the window. I know they make attachments for door panel armrests, but I haven't shopped those yet.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #9

I have same arm rest problem on 2019 30z, dealer has ordered a replacement, hopefully that fixes the problem (under warranty).
jnunes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:40 AM   #10

I pushed down on it. It helped !

Old 10-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Anybody w/ a newer Greyhawk feel like the driver's arm rest is angled too high? I feel like when I lower it, it should go a little further then it does. I can't find anywhere to adjust it either.

Oddball question I know.
The arm rest is attached to the backrest. As you recline the back rest, it will raise the arm rest angle with it. It also works in reverse so if you decline the back rest, it will lower the arm rest. I like to recline my back rest some, to make it more comfortable on my back while driving, and this sometimes makes the arm rest unusable to me because it is too high. As a result, I don't use the arm rest much on long trips and simply leave it in the up position.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdave View Post
It's definitely too high, IMO. The whole seat is pretty uncomfortable--my wife and I hate the headrests, especially--they seem to push your head too far forward. Wish I could replace these seats with something more comfortable.
When we were looking at motorhomes to purchase in 2018, I noticed the same thing when I test drove a Greyhawk. The seat pushed your head forward. It was very uncomfortable.

Luckily we ordered our us so late in the year that the 2019 model came out and it seemed they made a modification to the headrest where your head is not being pushed so far forward.

As for the armrest, it certainly is not level with the armrest position on the door. That's probably why it feels weird. I have to drive with one arm on the rest and the other arm not on the rest to maintain an equal grip on the steering wheel. But, after awhile you adjust to it and get used to it.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #13

We just took delivery of a 2019 Greyhawk 29MV. The drivers inside arm rest is angled too highanduncomfortable. I am constantly pushing down on it’s no avail. I haven’t tried yet to see if I could get it to move with some real weight on it.
Hoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoski View Post
We just took delivery of a 2019 Greyhawk 29MV. The drivers inside arm rest is angled too highanduncomfortable. I am constantly pushing down on it’s no avail. I haven’t tried yet to see if I could get it to move with some real weight on it.
Congratulations on your 29MV! Let me know how you like it and if there any pros and cons. We have a 29MVP and we like it a lot. Some factory flaws, but nothings perfect. Enjoy!
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunes22 View Post
I have same arm rest problem on 2019 30z, dealer has ordered a replacement, hopefully that fixes the problem (under warranty).
Update: Took awhile to get a new Chair from Jayco, got it installed covered under warranty. The angle is a little lower, so its usable now, before it was angled to high so I didn't use it.
jnunes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #16

I'm not entirely happy with the electric seat in my 2017 Greyhawk. I get the same lower back pain, and I solved it with a small pillow in my lumbar area also. Truth be told, the manual adjustable Flexsteel seats I had in my old rig we're much better.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #17

Quote:

Oddball question I know.
Bot at all, completely agree. Just thought it was me! Ours is a 2017 and it does seem angled up too much.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote