Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2019, 11:32 PM   #41

Eeek, thanks so much. That's helpful. I was wondering before I opened the doors up if it was worth it replacing them. Now I think it would be since they are generic stuff.

I know you've written a lot on these stereos and I think made a couple videos too on the Soundstream head unit? Any suggestions on speaker upgrades for the doors? I know there are a mountain of choices out there.
alazear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #42

It's defective unit. Contact the maker, the brand and they'll send another one. They did it to mine after 2 years of running back and forth to the dealer. Ever since then, no problem with the new new. 2015 Greyhawk 31fk.

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazear View Post
Eeek, thanks so much. That's helpful. I was wondering before I opened the doors up if it was worth it replacing them. Now I think it would be since they are generic stuff.

I know you've written a lot on these stereos and I think made a couple videos too on the Soundstream head unit? Any suggestions on speaker upgrades for the doors? I know there are a mountain of choices out there.
There are- and if you ask 5 people, you'll get 5 answers. I am personally a Kenwood guy, so they'll be my recommendation. There are cheaper speakers available, but to me, the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X683C sounds really, really good. The KFC-C681s are half the price, however, to me, the Excelons are worth the premium price.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #44

Our Jayco dealer replaced the unit in the dash this past week under warranty. The new unit looks to be an updated unit from Soundstreme. The GPS works now without the dreaded double character issue.
I did notice that with it giving directions, when I missed my exit, it did not try to reroute me to get back onto the correct route. We will try it again later this month with a trip to Yuma AZ.
The maps do need to be updated though as it did not have our street on the maps. We do live in a new neighborhood though.
Texas is currently home
Tockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #45

Radio and camera issue

We are also having the same issue as others where the radio comes on when you put signal light on. We were told this is just what the radio does. There is also as issue with the camera display being delayed.
What is different for us is that since we bought this unit the backup camera stopped working twice. We took it in for service to the dealership where they fixed the backup camera but then the radio didnt work. If you are on a station it will play for about 1 minute, then goes into search mode and doesnt come back out. Since they fixed the camera, we have taken our RV out for two short trips and now the backup camera isnt working again!
GHowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #46

What rig do you have? Year, model? Also what's the radio?

Carl-
Old 10-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #47

I found I have less issues with mine if I make sure no dvd is in the unit

It will just do its own thing if there is one in it

Nothing to do with the cameras, but does hp the random issues for sure
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman30 View Post
What rig do you have? Year, model? Also what's the radio?
2019 Greyhawk Prestige. Radio is Soundstream VRN-65HXB
GHowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #49

I can't vouch for that system. I believe that replacing the unit, radio itself is simple enough as definitely fixed my issue.

2015 Greyhawk 31fk

Carl-
Old 10-07-2020, 05:34 AM   #50

SoundStream radio problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHowner View Post
We are also having the same issue as others where the radio comes on when you put signal light on. We were told this is just what the radio does. There is also as issue with the camera display being delayed.
What is different for us is that since we bought this unit the backup camera stopped working twice. We took it in for service to the dealership where they fixed the backup camera but then the radio didnt work. If you are on a station it will play for about 1 minute, then goes into search mode and doesnt come back out. Since they fixed the camera, we have taken our RV out for two short trips and now the backup camera isnt working again!
I made contact with the company who furnishes the radio to Jayco per Jayco's request. Jayco says that they have not heard of these problems which is hard to believe and the Jayco techs dont know how to correct this situation. The company sent me a firmware update to download on the radio. I did this but it just reversed the problem that I had. Now when the radio is on and I use the blinker the radio turns off and when the blinker is off the radio comes back on. When I first took Greyhawk in to dealer for this problem they told me that this is the way the radio is designed. Apparently they dont know what they are talking about. I have an appointment in November for warranty work and will have them address this problem. Fingers crossed I'll get a new radio. I was told by Soundstream that the radio can be reset to factory settings. This can be done by you. Maybe that will solve some problems.
Hoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote