Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #1

Greyhawk Windshield

Well I finally decided to try some RainX polish on my windshield. The guys at my local auto parts store highly recommended it so blah blah I decided what the heck and tried it.

I applied it once then after wiping clean I applied it again. I thought that wasn’t too bad so I did my door windows and mirrors too. Now this was before our 2000 mile round trip to Colorado just recently.

Let me tell you this stuff is amazing! We got rained on and I mean downpours and I hardly needed the wipers...water just beaded right off. And bugs...well those critters don’t stick now and my windshield wipers and and a little washer fluid takes what do stick right off!

Try it...your motorhome will thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
2425F60F-3160-4946-A9D3-8AD2298FD8D9.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #2

I've been using this stuff for many years. Best windshield treatment ever. Make sure you use the original and not the stuff with cleaner mixed in. You get more of the real thing with the original stuff.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #3

I too discovered RainX in the 80's (I think).
Used it on my motorcycle helmet face shield.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I too discovered RainX in the 80's (I think).
Used it on my motorcycle helmet face shield.

X2 - Used it for years with great results.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #5

Yes I use on my windshield, side windows and mirrors. Works great!

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:47 AM   #6

I used it years ago and got TERRIBLE results. I suppose it could have been user error, but I put it on and if I didn't reapply frequently, it would be WAY worse than nothing at all.

That being said, I have used the Rain-X windshield and bugwash fluid (actually my favorite has been "Splash!", but I can't find that anymore) for quite some time and have EXCELLENT results.

Perhaps I give the other stuff another chance. Maybe since I use their washer fluid, it will keep it looking good longer... And I'll be sure to hit the side windows and the mirrors too, I can't hardly keep those mirrors clean.

Also, I NEVER cheap out on wiper blades. I get the best ones I can find at the store which have been Bosch lately. You just can't downplay the importance of a clean, clear windshield!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #7

Pretty much what Camper bob said...
In my younger years, I was probably too impatient and didn't apply the Rain-X correctly. Now I use the Rain-X washer fluid and it's awesome.

I tried Rain-X on the side widows and it was OK. I did not like it on the mirrors.

I don't buy the cheapest or most expensive wiper blades. The sun in AZ is really hard on them. I put new mid-priced ones on just before monsoon season starts (early July) and around December. Also, I put on blades that are 2" longer than the chart says. They fit just fine and I get just a 'bit larger windshield'.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Pretty much what Camper bob said...
In my younger years, I was probably too impatient and didn't apply the Rain-X correctly. Now I use the Rain-X washer fluid and it's awesome.

I tried Rain-X on the side widows and it was OK. I did not like it on the mirrors.

I don't buy the cheapest or most expensive wiper blades. The sun in AZ is really hard on them. I put new mid-priced ones on just before monsoon season starts (early July) and around December. Also, I put on blades that are 2" longer than the chart says. They fit just fine and I get just a 'bit larger windshield'.

X2 - Do the same & also live in AZ
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #9

Years back Rain-x saved my bacon when I lost a wiper motor. I pulled into a truck stop, got some, and drove another hundred miles in blinding rain and could see perfect. I always have it with me now.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote